Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My hair care routine - opinions wanted
02-01-2011, 01:13 PM,
My hair care routine - opinions wanted
Okay, just wanted to get some advice on my hair care routine.

I attach/detach (at this stage) once a week, where I shampoo, condition and use the blue max sealer on it.

Anyway, the advice i require is for during the week.

Currently, I use hair product in it every day (a liberal amount as well).

I go to bed with the product still in the hair.

In the morning I shower and that includes washing the hairpiece with the water (no shampoo or anything else).

When I get out of the shower, I spray detangler over the piece and then put a touch of the blue max sealer in the hair. When it is dry, I put the hair product in again.

What are people's opinions on this?

My main question is using product in the hair every day and only washing it out in the morning with cold water from the shower going to prematurely dry the hair? It's just I don't want the piece lasting 3 months, I want to get between 2-3 months out of it.
02-01-2011, 06:48 PM,
RE: My hair care routine - opinions wanted
Hey snell,

I use styling product all of the time, but I only wash it out once or twice a week when I do a removal. I use a little leave-in conditioner or water to re-style the hair in the morning.

Rinsing with cold water shouldn't dry the hair prematurely. Using the Protective Sealer will also help to keep the hair strong. I'm just wondering if you could get away with applying styling product on occasion instead of daily?

There are so many variables involved you would really have to test it both ways to really be able to determine if your daily rinsing/re-applying product is damaging the hair.
02-01-2011, 06:58 PM,
(02-01-2011, 06:48 PM)JRob Wrote: Hey snell,

I use styling product all of the time, but I only wash it out once or twice a week when I do a removal. I use a little leave-in conditioner or water to re-style the hair in the morning.

Rinsing with cold water shouldn't dry the hair prematurely. Using the Protective Sealer will also help to keep the hair strong. I'm just wondering if you could get away with applying styling product on occasion instead of daily?

There are so many variables involved you would really have to test it both ways to really be able to determine if your daily rinsing/re-applying product is damaging the hair.

I toss and turn a lot in my sleep, so I get pretty bad bed hair. The head really needs to be put under a shower when I wake up to get the hair back to looking normal.

Do you think applying product will damage the hair in a quick time? Or might it just mean the unit lasts 3 months instead of 4, something along those lines.
02-02-2011, 04:02 AM,
(02-01-2011, 06:58 PM)snell Wrote:
(02-01-2011, 06:48 PM)JRob Wrote: Hey snell,

I toss and turn a lot in my sleep, so I get pretty bad bed hair. The head really needs to be put under a shower when I wake up to get the hair back to looking normal.

Do you think applying product will damage the hair in a quick time? Or might it just mean the unit lasts 3 months instead of 4, something along those lines.

It will take 2 weeks or so to tame the new piece to style the way you want.
I use product but not daily. It will look icky while it accumulates.
I get the piece wet daily in the shower.
I shampoo once or twice a week only.
Don't condition in the shower. Spray it on after shower. Conditioner finds it's way into tape/adhesive and weakens bond quicker.
Your first piece will last 3 months since you're new.
The next ones will last longer.
Common mistakes are as newbie are:
over combing,
nasty de/re's with yucky mirror slides trying to learn maintenance and making mistakes and being rough

What helped for me was combing less frequently and being more gentle when there are tangles.
satin pillow and sheets.
Shampoo less often.
finding the right adhesive/tapes combos that match my chemistry makes for easy de/reattachments.

I've never used front partials. But I know of ppl that do it with success.
I say go for it.
Don't do surgery. Don't take pills.
If you don't like this path it's not a one way street. U can stop at any time.
02-02-2011, 12:42 PM,
^Not really true that you can stop at any time. If you don't want to be bald, its a lifetime style change. And you have to keep it up for the rest of your life.