Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOT2B Glued fans + question for john
02-01-2011, 09:43 AM,
GOT2B Glued fans + question for john
I understand the appeal of using got2b glued for attachment. After wearing for so many f'en years, you either want something that is extremely simple, or you end up wanting to bond the thing to your head for a month straight.

If they came out with a glue that completely broke down in a certain type of solution that required no glue, that would be the gold standard.

Anyway, for those for you who are using GOT2b products like me, has anyone ever tried or experimented with spirit gums? There are some I have heard about that are used in another hair community for black ladies. Now they all complain of oily skin, they wear heavier more dense pieces, longer hair styles, and a lot were using it with success and saying how much easier the clean up is compared to conventional glues. I think one of the products they talked a lot about was mastix P spirit gum. Has anyone ever tried these products and want to give more feedback?

My question for john is, I haven't taken part on this forum as much as I would like to lately, I was wondering if you would like me to put up my email address on here to help answer questions or problems just to help out a little bit more than I have.

I been wearing hair since about 2000. Started at 20 years old, I know sucks, I been on this board and the original board since it started. So If I can be a help to anyone here. Don't be afraid to ask. A lot of people helped me when i was a noob.

best regards.
02-01-2011, 11:01 AM,
RE: GOT2B Glued fans + question for john
(02-01-2011, 09:43 AM)Xeon005 Wrote: I understand the appeal of using got2b glued for attachment. After wearing for so many f'en years, you either want something that is extremely simple, or you end up wanting to bond the thing to your head for a month straight.

If they came out with a glue that completely broke down in a certain type of solution that required no glue, that would be the gold standard.

Anyway, for those for you who are using GOT2b products like me, has anyone ever tried or experimented with spirit gums? There are some I have heard about that are used in another hair community for black ladies. Now they all complain of oily skin, they wear heavier more dense pieces, longer hair styles, and a lot were using it with success and saying how much easier the clean up is compared to conventional glues. I think one of the products they talked a lot about was mastix P spirit gum. Has anyone ever tried these products and want to give more feedback?

My question for john is, I haven't taken part on this forum as much as I would like to lately, I was wondering if you would like me to put up my email address on here to help answer questions or problems just to help out a little bit more than I have.

I been wearing hair since about 2000. Started at 20 years old, I know sucks, I been on this board and the original board since it started. So If I can be a help to anyone here. Don't be afraid to ask. A lot of people helped me when i was a noob.

best regards.

xeon, props for wanting to help out. I can vouch for xeons tips, because of him I added temple flaps to my hp's. It has made a HUGE difference in the styles that i can now achieve. Thanks again.
02-01-2011, 11:39 AM,
(02-01-2011, 11:01 AM)ibetalot Wrote:
(02-01-2011, 09:43 AM)Xeon005 Wrote: I understand the appeal of using got2b glued for attachment. After wearing for so many f'en years, you either want something that is extremely simple, or you end up wanting to bond the thing to your head for a month straight.

best regards.

xeon, props for wanting to help out. I can vouch for xeons tips, because of him I added temple flaps to my hp's. It has made a HUGE difference in the styles that i can now achieve. Thanks again.
02-01-2011, 11:45 AM,
Hi Xeon,
Please just keep on posting your answers on this forum. That way everyone can share your experience. Many newbies search the forum for answers to questions and your responses can be shared with others.
Thanks,
John
http://toplace.com/
02-01-2011, 04:46 PM,
I always like reading your posts Xeon- I find you have some great advice
02-03-2011, 08:04 AM,
Thanks guys. I just been slacking off with the whole hair wearing thing lately. I used to post every day like a crazy man haha. I cooled off a lot. Most of the people that used to post back in early 2000 all have disappeared it seems.

I am in the process of experimenting with different adhesive alternatives, similar to the Got2b glued idea. I think that is a great idea, but if we could add more hold to got2b with the same cleanup, that would be fantastic. I am working on something, but I am still testing it out. So far so good, but I will report more when I really fully test it.

But I am expecting at least a good solid 5-8 solid days hold and a clean up as easy as using got2b glued.
02-04-2011, 11:04 AM,
The problem I see with G2B glue is that you have to wash your hair every time you take it off. Or some will say you just have to soak it. Either way, if you wear for only a day or two, it's not good for the longevity of the piece.
02-04-2011, 11:09 AM,
(02-04-2011, 11:04 AM)longtimewearer Wrote: The problem I see with G2B glue is that you have to wash your hair every time you take it off. Or some will say you just have to soak it. Either way, if you wear for only a day or two, it's not good for the longevity of the piece.

It'll rinse out with warm water, which doesn't bother the hair at all.

Fred