Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Use of hair products with alcohol in them
01-30-2011, 07:29 PM,
Use of hair products with alcohol in them
I know ideally we shouldn't use products that have alcohol in them as they dry the hair out.

But I really like using American Crew Fibre.

Will this have a dramatic effect on the hair if I use this product, or will it mean something as simple that the hair quality might last 3 months instead of 4.

I would really like to continue to use this product, and will only stop if it has a dramatic effect on the hair, as opposed to a negligible one as I described above.
01-30-2011, 09:04 PM,
RE: Use of hair products with alcohol in them
I've used that product before, and it was fine for the hair.
01-30-2011, 09:24 PM,
There`ve been a lot of threads/posts regarding all kinds of products and their merits/de-merits.
I guess again, it a question of common-sense really...if you`re using a product that you know may have a negative effect, try to counter-balance by using positively beneficial ones as part of your care/maintenance routine. I can recommend the `Remysoft`3-stage range and use a good leave-in conditioner ... dryness is the main enemy of system hair so anything which moisturises the hair will prolong the life of your system.... I also mist mine nightly with water and allow to dry naturally ....... Paul.
01-30-2011, 09:25 PM,
I always used Infusium products for years until they took their products away from the store i get my hair mousse etc

i then tried normal gels etc you get in the supermarkets and all i got was problems after problems. Alcohol will dry your hair out no end and it will become very very tangled

AVOID alcohol at all costs!!!
01-30-2011, 09:41 PM,
Yeah Daveraver..alcohol is strictly for livers !!!! LOL !! Paul.
02-01-2011, 06:56 PM,
Hey guys and gals,

Remember that "fatty" alcohols are actually conditioning agents and will not dry the hair. Also, many products that contain no alcohol whatsoever can still cause premature drying. Using mainstream products is hit or miss for processed hair. The only way you will know is trial and error. You should be able to feel how the product is going to react with the hair within 24 hours of application, so you won't cause too much damage as long as whatever you are using keeps the hair feeling soft.