Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Funny experience
01-30-2011, 04:54 PM,
Funny experience
Today I saw someone who I had spoken to about hairloss in the past.

I saw him for a good 4 hours and he was 1m away from me for most of the day.

I brought up the topic of hair with him and I said, what do you think of my new haircut, is it too short?

And he goes no, it's fine.

Then he went on to say, by the way, I had a good look at your hair, you're not going bald at all, you're completely paranoid. There's no way you need to do anything about it.

I always planned on telling that person so I did then. He couldn't believe it. He then had a close look and swore he couldn't tell a thing.

Just thought I'd share that for the new people.

The first week or so will be tough, but once you start seeing people you are familiar with and you realise they have no clue, it all becomes second nature.
01-30-2011, 09:08 PM,
RE: Funny experience
Yes, it does come second nature.

Even when my attachment isn't great. I take the pressure of myself, by thinking there are people out there with serious problems. So I owe it to life to make the most of it. Remember, even people with a full head of hair have bad hair days.
01-30-2011, 09:35 PM,
Agreed Henry --gotta keep it in perspective ....it`s easy enough though to focus on one issue and allow it to `balloon` in our consciousness........ friend of mine has very strong `wiry`hair and has real probs. trying to tame it and she`s `stuck` with it ..at least with a system you can more or less order what type you want !
Sounds to me now that snell is `relaxing`into it and that`s great to hear ....but his experiences, as he relayed them, can show how `real` the initial learning-curve is for some wearers ...a little perseverance and a few tips off here can usually resolve things satisfactorily. I`m wearing about 20 yrs now, yet there are still days I have to `tweak`things to get it the way I want it to look etc. .. it`s just something you learn to adapt-to as part of your daily routine......but there really are no disasters as such..just the odd minor irritation in the overall picture....happy wearing guys ! Paul.
01-30-2011, 11:47 PM,
i snell i totally agree with youre comment:"The first week or so will be tough, but once you start...
to be honest when i left the salon, i wasent happy,because the hair hadnt settled it was a new hair system, and i'v allways liked my hair just so.
dont get me wrong nothing wrong with the hair, bond ,cutin,colour,
well maybee colour as i thought i had light brown hair,and we ordered 40% grey.
and when its new hair, it looked completley grey, im thinking ohh my god not only have i got a new wacky style iv got grey hair aswell.

but in reality, it was all in my head well, on my head.
its perception,
yupp the hard part is getting over seeing freinds family for the first time.
now that was a worry, but i overcome it in around 3 weeks,
as snell commented once youre over that hurdle, youre on youre way,
yes some folk not many seid youve got more hair,but you just say ewww do u think so, or have youre stories ready.
thats the most difficult part for a new wearer, as the anxietys pretty intense.
but having seid that its a positive, because they all gave positive comment on my hair,
never had a negative one,
people dont comment on bad hair.
its a cultural, society thing.
so the fact someone coments on youre hair is normally the wow factor.
"one life ,one chance to be youre best and look youre best, hell who woudnt want that!"
01-31-2011, 03:57 AM,
yub same here. The hard part is seeing your friends the first time. I was realy worried about their reaction but nothing happend^^

I only had positive experience since then. Girls ask me if i am a model and such things never never happend during my shaved time.
01-31-2011, 09:10 AM,
good on you ruulkasar, enjoy Smile