Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bleached knots, again.
01-29-2011, 08:27 AM,
Bleached knots, again.
Hey guys I think this is my last question. The first piece is really embarassaing !

If I specify "bleached knots" with my order, is that enough ? I want that the factory or toplace do that for me ! I can pay for this service too.

I've read that :
Quote:Hi, I had the same problem with my first Toplace piece, so I send it to back to BA, and he fixed it, but I had to wait like 1 month, it was really exasperating, and when it came back, just the knots in the front were bleached, but all the rest of the piece have visible knots, and my problem is the crown area, the knots in the crown area are way too visible, and people ask me why the hell do I have black dots on my scalp, and I have to say that is because my skin is so delicate or sensitive to sunlight or whatever I think at the moment.

I don't understand how the factory can send systems with knots NOT bleached. I don't want fucking black dots everywhere in my head !

Thanks for answers
01-29-2011, 09:18 AM,
RE: Bleached knots, again.
(01-29-2011, 08:27 AM)Hiver13 Wrote: Hey guys I think this is my last question. The first piece is really embarassaing !

If I specify "bleached knots" with my order, is that enough ? I want that the factory or toplace do that for me ! I can pay for this service too.

I've read that :
Quote:Hi, I had the same problem with my first Toplace piece, so I send it to back to BA, and he fixed it, but I had to wait like 1 month, it was really exasperating, and when it came back, just the knots in the front were bleached, but all the rest of the piece have visible knots, and my problem is the crown area, the knots in the crown area are way too visible, and people ask me why the hell do I have black dots on my scalp, and I have to say that is because my skin is so delicate or sensitive to sunlight or whatever I think at the moment.

I don't understand how the factory can send systems with knots NOT bleached. I don't want fucking black dots everywhere in my head !

Thanks for answers

Ahhh geezzz. Looky, he knows a big word Wink
- BA has NOTHING to do with Toplace.
- If your unit color is a dark color, like 1B, you won't get "invisible" knots, only lightened. If you take them really light it'll kill the hair and the unit will shed like crazy.
- No one is going to notice the crown. Normally only the knots in the front are bleach. Want more, you'll have to do it yourself or have someone else, like Debbie, do it for an extra cost.
- From the sounds of things, wearing may not be suitable for you. Your personality may not work for wearing.

Fred
01-29-2011, 09:49 AM,
Hiver, there is no need to swear. I wear a 1b and know what you mean about the black dots, if you've seen a piece without any kind of knot bleaching...you would be shocked.

It all depends on how you style your hair.

You can use a bleaching kit to lighten the knots more, but it will weaken the hair. If you do it, its very important to have back up pieces.

You could order a blond front, and then colour the hair and your own hair to match.

Yes it requires work, but anything worthwhile in life does.

It sounds like you are new to wearing? The priority here is to, get used to wearing. Attaching, figuring out what glues/tapes work for you. How long you can comfortably go between attachments. Go for a comb down style, order a backup and knot bleaching kit and experiment.
01-29-2011, 10:52 AM,
Many of the units come back with fairly good bleaching. I am a 1b...i've seen all quality of knot bleachings..and I would agree that the crown IS important too. I disagree with Fred on the crown thing. Anyone that spends time sitting at work in bright lights with coworkers coming up and standing over you...you need to NOT show an obvious black dot grid pattern. I just get Debbies bleaching kit and mix up some paste in the provided container and paste it on the front and the crown and follow her directions exactly and all but once have I had great results. The time I didn't get good results I felt the first bleaching didn't lighten the knots enough and did it again and of course the hair was weekened and shed like a dog, hair everywhere...I learned my lesson. This is all doable folks. I have been wearing 20 years but only doing it all myself for seven. Gel
01-29-2011, 11:28 AM,
Thanks everybody. So the knots are normally bleached in the hair-line and no-bleached knots elsewhere aren't visible and are not a problem. I just hope there will be no mistake.

(01-29-2011, 09:18 AM)FredTJ Wrote: From the sounds of things, wearing may not be suitable for you. Your personality may not work for wearing.

Sorry but you're wrong. I will be a wearer soon and before ordering I'm just getting all the informations I can have to make no mistake and to have the best I can have. I'd rather have an bad unit rather than being bald. Toplace's actually, in my opinion, the best solution against hairloss.
01-29-2011, 12:14 PM,
(01-29-2011, 11:28 AM)Hiver13 Wrote: Thanks everybody. So the knots are normally bleached in the hair-line and no-bleached knots elsewhere aren't visible and are not a problem. I just hope there will be no mistake.

(01-29-2011, 09:18 AM)FredTJ Wrote: From the sounds of things, wearing may not be suitable for you. Your personality may not work for wearing.

Sorry but you're wrong. I will be a wearer soon and before ordering I'm just getting all the informations I can have to make no mistake and to have the best I can have. I'd rather have an bad unit rather than being bald. Toplace's actually, in my opinion, the best solution against hairloss.

I guess I don't "worry" about the crown because I don't have a crown Wink
I order freestyle and then, basically, bush it all back, so nothing shows, crown wise.
Now, having said that, I do wear a light density (around 50% ~ 55% on the Toplace scale) so scalp does show. I still have no problems with knots though.
Lastly, having said all that Wink, I've been ordering, lately, basically all "blond" units (anything from color 17 to 22R) and coloring the unit myself to what amounts to a 1B.
I don't do that because of the "knot problem" but because the color doesn't fade anywhere near as fast this way and, as it does lighten, over time, it doesn't get the ruddy, muddy red'ish tint to it like the typical 1B colored units do.

Fred
01-29-2011, 01:59 PM,
As Fred said BA is NOT Toplace. Many people have been lead to believe that an order with BA is a Toplace order. NOT!! Toplace has nothing to do with BA. All of our units have the knots bleached at the factory. You don't have to specify that you want the knots bleached--the factory bleaches all the knots. Any factory that doesn't bleach the knots or just bleaches the knots on the hair line and not the whole unit is not a quality factory.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/
01-29-2011, 08:00 PM,
(01-29-2011, 01:59 PM)ToplaceUSA Wrote: All of our units have the knots bleached at the factory. You don't have to specify that you want the knots bleached--the factory bleaches all the knots. Any factory that doesn't bleach the knots or just bleaches the knots on the hair line and not the whole unit is not a quality factory.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/

I could not expect a better answer. This made my day thanks a lot Wink
01-29-2011, 09:19 PM,
Hi Hiver13 .... I`m glad now that you can `relax`about it all.....I`m looking forward to seeing/hearing your feedback in the future when your systems arrive.....welcome to the world of wearing man.., Paul.
01-30-2011, 09:10 PM,
I've heard the Jerome Russell bleaching kit is good, so I'm gonna try it out.