Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice needed - Attaching tape to the head
01-29-2011, 02:11 AM,
Advice needed - Attaching tape to the head
As I have discussed in a previous thread, I had a little bit of trouble with my previous attachments with the piece lifting at the back.

I just did a detach and the tape remained on the piece (when it is meant to stay on the scalp).

There was no residue from the tape at all on my head.

I am wondering if the thing barely stuck down at all and was just held in place by the glue at the front - the ghost bond held really strong there.

I used a lot of adjust-a-bond on the tape and the scalp where the tape was to go.

I used none for the front hairline.

The front hairline was rock solid.
The areas where the tape covered was loose.

Could it be the overuse of adjust a bond which caused me to get next to no bond from the tape?

Or is it something else I am missing?
01-29-2011, 02:39 AM,
RE: Advice needed - Attaching tape to the head
(01-29-2011, 02:11 AM)snell Wrote: As I have discussed in a previous thread, I had a little bit of trouble with my previous attachments with the piece lifting at the back.

I just did a detach and the tape remained on the piece (when it is meant to stay on the scalp).

I am wondering if the thing barely stuck down at all and was just held in place by the glue at the front - the ghost bond held really strong there.

I used a lot of adjust-a-bond on the tape and the scalp where the tape was to go.

Could it be the overuse of adjust a bond which caused me to get next to no bond from the tape?

Yes, the use of adjust-a-bond could be causing that.
What tape are you using and why are you using adjust-a-bond ?
In 25 years of wearing I've never had to use anything like adjust-a-bond.

Fred
01-29-2011, 02:43 AM,
(01-29-2011, 02:39 AM)FredTJ Wrote:
(01-29-2011, 02:11 AM)snell Wrote: As I have discussed in a previous thread, I had a little bit of trouble with my previous attachments with the piece lifting at the back.

Fred

I used supertape.

I was using adust-a-bond so I could move the piece around on my head when I put it down. And then when it was in place, I pushed down and tried to get it to bond then.

So you don't recommend using adjust-a-bond at all?

I will be using blue liner tape tomorrow when I attach in the morning.
I am sleeping tonight with the piece off.
01-29-2011, 03:17 AM,
I think you are using too much of adjustabond, I use Re - Align from Debbie, I spray only 2 light sprays and use my fingers to apply it over. But you don't really need it.
01-29-2011, 03:49 AM,
(01-29-2011, 02:43 AM)snell Wrote:
(01-29-2011, 02:39 AM)FredTJ Wrote:

Fred

I used supertape.

I was using adust-a-bond so I could move the piece around on my head when I put it down. And then when it was in place, I pushed down and tried to get it to bond then.

So you don't recommend using adjust-a-bond at all?

I will be using blue liner tape tomorrow when I attach in the morning.
I am sleeping tonight with the piece off.

Yep, I wouldn't use anything like that at all. I've NEVER found a glue or tape that instantly "grabbed" the lace the instant that the lace touched it such that I couldn't move it around.
Every glue or tape requires some pressure to set the lace to it, so there is no need for adjust-a-bond or anything to be able to move the unit around some before pressing it down.

Fred
01-29-2011, 04:01 AM,
yeah --that`s probably the cause of your issue snell... the early days of wearing can be a really steep learning-curve and a bit of `trial-and -error`` ..... [no pun now] but I really hope you stick with it and it works out OK for you .....don`t throw in the towel now...you`ve come a long way you know.. cheers, Paul.