Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pleats
01-28-2011, 02:02 AM,
pleats
john what the heck is pleats...How many pleats????? i been reading about pleats at other site. i dont post just read..this a joke pleats..this units must fit very poorly. i never heard of pleats before.
bobby/philly
01-28-2011, 02:26 AM,
RE: pleats
"pleats" is often used as "darts"

http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?...=curvature
01-28-2011, 05:06 AM,
You can also get pleats, in the case of stock systems as they are basically all the same shape [contour-wise] and heads/skulls are not all the same shape obviously, therefore as you might imagine , the perimeter of a stock can sometimes slightly `bunch-up`or have pleats form, simply because it is not a snug fit to the exact contour of YOUR particular head .... some people find they get a really nice fit and that`s great for them, but others will find pleats forming --especially up around the crown where the growing hair would have/used to form a swirl.....that`s about the point/area where the `sharpest`change of skull shape occurs..it`s perfectly understandable ..... THE best-fit for you, is normally by making a template of YOUR individual head-shape/contour and you`ll have a nice fit, when your customs arrives ....the stocks are fine and suit many wearers very well...indeed the materials and quality are exactly the same as custom-made...just that some bunching-up /pleating can occur ---it feels worse to you when you feel it with your fingers but in reality is actually quite small ..a minor annoyance [if it occurs] which you will not have once your custom-made system is delivered... Paul.
01-28-2011, 12:03 PM,
(01-28-2011, 05:06 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: You can also get pleats, in the case of stock systems as they are basically all the same shape [contour-wise] and heads/skulls are not all the same shape obviously, therefore as you might imagine , the perimeter of a stock can sometimes slightly `bunch-up`or have pleats form, simply because it is not a snug fit to the exact contour of YOUR particular head .... some people find they get a really nice fit and that`s great for them, but others will find pleats forming --especially up around the crown where the growing hair would have/used to form a swirl.....that`s about the point/area where the `sharpest`change of skull shape occurs..it`s perfectly understandable ..... THE best-fit for you, is normally by making a template of YOUR individual head-shape/contour and you`ll have a nice fit, when your customs arrives ....the stocks are fine and suit many wearers very well...indeed the materials and quality are exactly the same as custom-made...just that some bunching-up /pleating can occur ---it feels worse to you when you feel it with your fingers but in reality is actually quite small ..a minor annoyance [if it occurs] which you will not have once your custom-made system is delivered... Paul.

Paul,
Pleats, in the normal sense and, especially on that other site, do not refer to wrinkles that can form with the unit on your head, but rather the "darts" that the factory can put into the base. The link posted about shows a photo of a unit with a few pleats.

Fred
01-28-2011, 09:51 PM,
Yeah I know that Fred ..thanks... I just put that post there to `clarify` in case some people were confused ..I just thought that some people would `traditionally` think of a pleat as a bunching-up of material as outlined.... rather than the `darts` ...so hope I didn`t muddy the waters !! Cheers, Paul.