Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help - attachment coming loose at the back
01-26-2011, 10:48 PM,
RE: Help - attachment coming loose at the back
(01-26-2011, 10:42 PM)balamouti Wrote:
(01-26-2011, 11:02 AM)snell Wrote: I'm onto my 3rd day wearing. I must say, I am struggling with it at the moment.

After I woke up yesterday, i noticed the back could be pulled up if I tried. I assumed I hadn't put the ghost bond on correctly. So i did a detach/reattach and this time used supertape for the sides and ghost bond only for the front.

However, today, I wake up and the back has lifted way more! Even with the supertape. I have sort of just pushed it down and got it to stick because I don't want to do another detach/reattach a day later.

Why is this happening at the back? Do other people have this problem?

P.S. I am finding it rather difficult to wear mentally as well. I keep thinking something is "off". Do other people have these experiences when they start or maybe am I just not cut out to wear.

First of all:
follow ghost bond instructions. Make sure your scalp is squeaky clean.
When you rub your finger on your scalp (before glue) it should make the "squeaky" sound LOL. I get 2 weeks no touchups with GB.
Also, don't shower/sweat for 12 hours or so after initial attachment.
The glue/adhesives need to cure.
Make sure the piece is nice and tight against your whole skull when attaching.

Finally:
I felt crazy the first week. I thought everybody knew. Totally paranoid.
Ppl are oblivious to my change. I kept the same style with a left part.
There's just more hair now.
In the morning, I spray some water, comb and i'm out the door.
I find myslef looking at the mirror alot. But it's cuz I'm looking good LOL>

I'm really struggling with it to be honest. The lifting at the back compounded everything. I know it's probably just me, but I just feel like I can tell.

I'm considering just shaving my head and giving this a go in a year or two, or even more, down the track when I am more mature.

If I am this paranoid, I am not sure if it is for me. I think it takes a certain type of person to be able to do this, and I'm not sure if I have it at the moment.

I'll see out 2 weeks, as I made myself do this for 2 weeks minimum. But if it's too hard, I can always try again another time.

Just one other question, I had a fair amount of hair left before I started wearing. Will the tapes and glue rip out these hairs permanently? Or if the head is shaved, should the tapes and glues not harm the existing hairs at all?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help - attachment coming loose at the back - snell - 01-26-2011, 10:48 PM