Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help - attachment coming loose at the back
01-29-2011, 11:59 PM,
RE: Help - attachment coming loose at the back
Yeah thanks for all the advice.

I got it cut in by a stylist for hair systems.

I did a bond today (about 5 hours ago). It is rock solid at the moment, but the test is the sleeping part. It's ghost bond at the front, and blue liner sides, back and strips in the middle. I put strips in the middle, as I thought this might give it more security.

Any advice for the sleeping?
01-30-2011, 12:25 AM,
Why not just try Ghost bond at the problematic area and see how it goes ? Glues are not just for the front hairline only --many people use glue only, others use a combination .. it`s all part of finding out what suits you best .... I guess the tapes are that bit easier to work with at the back, but if glue will give you the desired hold there, well try that ..you said you can get a person to help you...the back/nape area is obviously the most tricky especially for a newbie as your vision is more restricted there..... Paul.
01-30-2011, 02:05 AM,
Yeah i got someone to help me put it on today.

It's rock solid at the moment.

I know you can use the ghost bond at the back, but I didn't want to ask the person to put the glue on themselves in that area. So I used blue liner - as I'm told it is ultra strong.

I got help with them positioning at the back.

It is on perfectly at the moment, rock hard.

Just need to make sure I wake up and it is like this tomorrow, and I'll be good to go.

Also, so glad I stuck at it, it's looking really good at the moment. All the people I have told have said they couldn't tell a thing. And I saw a good friend the other night and he didn't blink an eye lid or say a word, or give any indication whatsoever.
01-30-2011, 02:49 AM,
Good .. it`s worth staying with it..your confidence will build with time .. I actually admire ALL you guys who go for it having never been with one of these Salon-clubs before ....I had the `benefit` of having had the transition from balding/ness to having a `professional` help me take the first steps into this world of wearing .. I can TOTALLY understand how daunting it is for many of you ... so kudos to all of you for having had the courage to do it yourselves from the start ...... Paul.
01-30-2011, 04:11 AM,
(01-30-2011, 02:05 AM)snell Wrote: Yeah i got someone to help me put it on today.

It's rock solid at the moment.

I know you can use the ghost bond at the back, but I didn't want to ask the person to put the glue on themselves in that area. So I used blue liner - as I'm told it is ultra strong.

I got help with them positioning at the back.

It is on perfectly at the moment, rock hard.

Just need to make sure I wake up and it is like this tomorrow, and I'll be good to go.

Also, so glad I stuck at it, it's looking really good at the moment. All the people I have told have said they couldn't tell a thing. And I saw a good friend the other night and he didn't blink an eye lid or say a word, or give any indication whatsoever.

I'm so happy for ya.
I have not used blue liner tape yet. But I got a baggy with tonnes of other tapes and they do the trick.
My friends don't know either. Only one friend said:
"Hey I've never seen you with longer hair. . .cool"
No funny looks. No funny stares/glances at hair/hairline etc.
At this point 4-5 months wearing. . . even if somebody picked up on it,
I look great so I don't care now.
I'm now letting my hair down on my forehead more instead of brushing it back cuz I'm lazy and use tape all arround haha. It's still looking good though. After 2 days the oils from scalp/tape make it invisible enough.
In about a month I'm receiving 2 TL700 skins. I'm nervous cuz I've never even touched/seen skins. Hope I like em as much as my SFS pieces.
Here is something interesting. I've tried Stick-it, pro-flex, supertape etc.
Ghost bond gives twice more hold. I did not expect it from a darn glue. . LOL
01-30-2011, 12:19 PM,
Success! I woke up and it is still in place - still all rock solid.

Thanks for all the help guys.
01-30-2011, 01:05 PM,
Great!
01-30-2011, 09:06 PM,
Good stuff.

Do a reattachment after 5-7 days and the clean up should be no worse than any other tape/glue. Use the magazine slide, followed by the bubble wrap slide. And this will get rid of all of the residue.