Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help - attachment coming loose at the back
01-27-2011, 02:10 AM,
RE: Help - attachment coming loose at the back
Good point LTB....easily forgotton ..possibly a residue on the lace ....a gentle clean as you suggest should sort out the issue, if it`s not caused by wrongly- applying the glue.... I really do hope that gets resolved .....let us know ..... Paul.
01-27-2011, 02:29 AM,
I always give a new piece a quick gentle wash, it not only removes any greasy residue on the base but gets rid of any unpleasant residue left behind from dye,processing chemicals etc before i put it on my head.
01-27-2011, 06:58 AM,
Snell,

You need to stop talking yourself out of what can be a very positive thing. This is definitely a change, and with any change there are adjustments. If someone was in horrible shape health wise and went to the gym, its going to be painful and they are going to want to stop and not go back. But slowly they get in shape and get used to the exercises and then they feel better than ever. This is much like that.

If you haven't gone to a stylist that specializes in cutting hair systems, I think you should go the first time or two. They can help answer any questions and make sure the first couple bonds and stylings are perfect.

Don't fret my friend! Instead of thinking negatively and trying to talk yourself out of this, think positively and critically. I have read many posts of people that struggle with it at first, so take solace in that. Think of this time as more being like the first few days in the gym and working out is really uncomfortable. But you also know working out is the best thing for you and the discomfort is temporary.
01-27-2011, 07:48 AM,
hi snell freind, i'v been wearing for a little over 3 months.
what would i recommend, well when you apply youre glue, write the time you apply on paper,
as its very very easy to overstimate or underesitmate time.
if youre applying glue , smearing with youre fingers, make sure you wash youre hands prior- to get ridd of any oil,
also dont push the lace down if its lifting slightley as youre probably introducing oils onto it from youre fingers.

a great way to give yourself more security whilst getting used to bonding is.
hey presto gell youre hair with maybee wett look normal hard hold, this will give you a second layer of added hold at the sides &back where the system hair meets youre own hair.
its a great feeling having gell set youre style hair solid,and will maybee give you wearing confidence.
plus woman girls are unlikley to run there finger hands through hair they know to be gelled stlyled.
yupp glues a messy business make no mistake,but you get used to handling it,
and you'll be an expert in no time.
im finding my way,but in my experiance wearing is better than any false hope medcation claims,
and hey when youre styling youre hair and you see that look, and you say "yeah" thats when you know its worth it.
anty Smile
01-27-2011, 08:09 AM,
Good post Antywanty,

Snell I would even recommend reading Antywanty's posts about what he went through at first when got his first system. But even he had his moments saying he just wanted his hair previous to his hair system back. And then a few weeks later he was loving it. Just takes some getting used to. Did with me too and I'm only on week 3.

Most people don't realize how much you inadvertantly look at yourself in the mirror or a reflection in something. You be used to and accustomed to a certain look for yourself, and a change can be shocking. Again, try not to talk yourself into a negative mindset.

What I would say to do is this: go get it attached and cut in by a stylist that specializes in this. Then, will yourself to go to a mall or somewhere public and just walk around. Talk to store clerks and customer service people. You will soon realize that you look great and no one has a clue.

Good luck!
01-27-2011, 08:15 AM,
always wash the underside of units cause i think the factory gets that silicone they put on hait on lace sometimes. also i would experment with a few different tapes like blue lace-non residue tape etc as all of out body chem. is different.
bobby
01-27-2011, 09:51 AM,
You could also look at trying different glues and tapes as each glue and tape will react differently to your own body chemistry.Trial and error on that front i am afraid as what is a good glue/tape for one will be bad for another.
01-27-2011, 09:58 AM,
Try blue liner tape at the back. And maybe try wearing a beanie hat to sleep, to see if it helps. Also silk pillow cases are an absolute must for avoiding friction and wear and tear of the hairpiece.
01-27-2011, 01:46 PM,
snell, this happens sometimes because of sleeping on back of head will put stress on the piece and loosen. If you can deal with changing piece every 4 days a sure win is putting blue liner tape on piece on sides and back...when you take off piece, start in front and remove the tape and piece together from your head then spray (i use an old spray conditioner bottle filled with 91% rubbing alcohol) alcohol through the hair onto the tape- let sit 30 sec and it comes right off and if carefull you lose little hair with propper alhohol release. it will hold better for a sleeping tossing turning bedhead than any glue
01-28-2011, 01:28 PM,
I'll give the blue liner at the back a go.

And I will get someone to help me with attaching it, as it is hard to see the exact position at the back.

However, if this lifts after I sleep, I'm not sure wearing will be for me.

I can't afford to be worrying every day whether when I wake up, if the back will have lifted. I have pushed it down lately as I have had no committments lately, but when I start work in a bit over a month, I can't afford to go to work with the stress of worrying whether the piece is down at the back or not.