Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Overwhelmed. Please help.
01-25-2011, 02:54 PM,
Overwhelmed. Please help.
From reading the vast quantities of posts here I've now decided to take the plunge. In preparation it was the first time I've looked at the top of my head in a while. I wish I hadn't lol. Any image of my thinning gracefully has now gone, thus the leap...

I understand the pics section is down, but the posts here have given me some ideas of what (and what not)to do. I actually put more weight on the forum pics anyway. Glossy ads have put me off other places (I don't expect to win the lottery, suddenly get 6-pack abs or sleep with a celebrity, although it would be nice).

I've opted (in my head, so far) to order a stock piece first, and will probably contact Debbie about cut in (I'm still navigating her site). I'll attempt to do a template without suffocating myself as my confidence grows.

BUT...

Before I even do that, does anyone have a link to the colors available?

It's another of the current glitches on the site, and an important one for me at this point. I have dark brown hair that looks black when wet (or with a bit of brylcream) so I'm pretty sure it'll be a stock color.

I haven't been able to find links to color schemes or (in my next step) full size hairline templates.

I'm desperate to get started but didn't want to contact Debbie with my zillion questions until I've ordered.
I'll probably end up looking at 'it' for a day or two before getting the nerve to attempt glues etc as I'm bricking that part!

Any info regarding help on stock is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
I'm hoping to get hair like this (the way mine used to be), although this guys slightly better looking Smile
01-25-2011, 08:21 PM,
RE: Overwhelmed. Please help.
Hi Flynn423, stock systems are normally all-lace and freestyle so the style in the pic is more swept-back and you`d need to order a custom-made system with the hair ventilated into that direction . I didn`t quite follow what you were saying about the pics section being down ? Which part of the site is that ? Your hair sounds like a 1b colour will match it ..looks almost black, but under certain lighting angles/conditions you can see a brown-ish hue to it... and definitely looks black when damp.Freestyle come in 2 sizes...so just measure your thin area side-to-side and front-to-back....... you`ll be sent the nearest size to your measurement. If you send in your template first....it can be sent to Debbie along with your stock and she can trim the stock to match, before posting it to you along with whatever products you`d like to use for your attachments. The template can then be sent to the factory for your custom order. The template-making is no big deal....spray your thin area lightly with water...helps to keep the polythene wrap/film in place..just tie loosely under the chin and work away ..takes a little time and patience but that`s all. As for doing bonds..it`s no big deal either ..you`ll soon be used to it , as many before you have. It`s natural to be apprehensive --it`s just fear of the unknown ..in reality, it`s a lot easier than you imagine. The trick is not to wear for prolonged times [ 8-10 days max I recommend] to avoid a big chore with clean-ups, and for good scalp hygiene... this game is no different to a person who wears false teeth...simple routine /hygiene and it just becomes second nature after a while. In an ideal world we`d all have all our teeth and all our hair..... it`s not an ideal world but we can adapt to it. There are videos on`` Youtube `` showing template-making and cut-ins etc..have a look there .... regards, Paul.
01-25-2011, 08:52 PM,
^Some good tips.

Colour guide:

http://www.the-complete-peruke-guide.com...-chart.jpg

Send in a sample of your own hair, so they can get a good match.

Template making:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqQssZ8_V5g

The style in the pic looks like a flatback front. But I would not advise going for this as a newbie. Order freestyle, and have a comb down style for a while, until you get good at the hairline.
01-26-2011, 06:56 AM,
You can email John and he will send you a color chart for the stock units.

Regarding a template for the front hair line, you won't find one. You have to make that on your own to a certain extent, which isn't hard at all. Just make sure you don't make your hairline straight across.

I went the same route it sounds like you are going. I ordered a stock unit first and then have a custom on order. I also sent the stock unit to Debbie to be cut to the size of my template and cut a bit. In the future if I order another stock unit, I won't be sending to Debbie. Not because she did anything wrong, she was in fact very good and helpful. But I also I found a woman here in my city that can cut bases and do the cut ins for a very reasonable price, and I'll save time and money. With that being said, I would check and see if you can find a similar person in your area first.

Hope any of this helps. Don't hesitate to ask more questions. Wearing has been great for me, been 3 weeks now and now realize I should have earlier. Smile
01-26-2011, 07:21 AM,
A CC contour gives the most realistic front hairline imo. I make my template to have that exact shape at the front, this lets me use the premade cc contour tape, if I don't want to use glue at the hairline.
01-31-2011, 03:22 PM,
Thanks guys.
01-31-2011, 09:42 PM,
Ultimately in my experience , I’d say go to a salon,
At least for a consultation, phone around, see if there’s one on the Toplace list.
Far better to have a face to face real world observation of your hairline, hair loss etc.
Then when you’re ready to order, ask them to do a cut in , bond etc.
Go there a few times for touch ups, as in front hairline,or complete de bond, re bond.
While there ask all the questions you need to.
Then you don’t really need them again after a few months,
You’ll be doing bonding , de bonding , cleaning yourself.
It’s not rocket science,ohh hell they’d love you to believe it is to keep you tied to a expensive contract.
But it’s not,its very simple.im testimony to that.
Yupp sometimes I encounter minor problems, but nothing major.
All I’m saying is I couldn’t have managed using the forum alone, you really need to go to a salon
For your first few time, but note! Find a reasonably priced one and no contract, preferably an independent
One person salon, like I did.

My only regret I didn’t do it earlier.

Regards anty 
02-01-2011, 12:29 AM,
Depends on the individual Anty... there are many here who have just `gone it alone` apart from having the system styled-in initially by a stylist...... in your case too, you found a small one-woman-show salon where you had privacy etc... that`s not always possible in many cases....the webcam consultation with Debbie can be very helpful as she can tell you exactly what density/style would suit and you can ask her any other questions ..good idea to have a few written down so you don`t forget `em ! It`s also in the privacy of your own home....I`m not disagreeing with your assertion, merely reminding newbies of that option should they find the idea of a trip to a busy salon a bit daunting. Also, the client can e mail a few pics to her after the consultation [ so she can keep them on file as a reminder] and Debbie can actually do the styling when the system is made...some people might be living in very remote/rural locations in large countries so going with my suggestion might be a more viable option ... at least it`s another option when people might feel a little `trapped` at the thought of making the leap into wearing....all the `` what-if`s and how will I`` etc..you know what I mean I`m sure ! Cheers, Paul.