Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knot Bleaching - do i need this service for new system?
01-24-2011, 02:37 AM,
RE: Knot Bleaching - do i need this service for new system?
(01-23-2011, 08:25 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi guys ..my 2-cents worth.. I have 1b systems, and I`ve never bothered with bleaching knots... never caused any problems for me..can`t say they`re visible/noticeable ..just never been an issue for me.... Paul.

You'll most like find that it depends on the density and how you wear the front.
I wear a light density, graduated front and a totally exposed front hairline, so the knots have shown before when they weren't bleached.
If you wear a higher density, like 65% or above and/or don't use a graduated front and/or don't expose the front hairline, it may not be a problem.
Regardless, I would probably still do as I'm doing now, that is ordering a blond shade and coloring it myself.
The dye that the factory used is not "normal" hair dye, but rather a fabric dye, like "Ritz". The very dark colors, 1B in particular, turn a deep, deep, ruddy/rusty red'ish color kinda quickly, especially if you wash (with shampoo) them often.
Coloring the unit, like I do, they don't do that.
Note the the Wella "3A" is an ash based color.

Smile
Fred

Messages In This Thread
RE: Knot Bleaching - do i need this service for new system? - FredTJ - 01-24-2011, 02:37 AM