Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knot Bleaching - do i need this service for new system?
01-23-2011, 07:29 AM,
Knot Bleaching - do i need this service for new system?
good day
it's me again
i have some question - do i need to send my new system to Knot Bleaching service with m hair cut in debbie place?
also should i buy the Knot Bleaching Kit - what i need to do with it? Smile
01-23-2011, 02:51 PM,
RE: Knot Bleaching - do i need this service for new system?
I'm not sure if Debbie bleaches knots, but send her an email to ask.

I've used her kit with ok results, but I need more practice tbh. I have 1b hair, which are the hardest knots to get rid of.

The kit comes with everything you need to get started, try it on an old piece to get the hang of it.
01-23-2011, 03:48 PM,
(01-23-2011, 02:51 PM)Henry Wrote: I'm not sure if Debbie bleaches knots, but send her an email to ask.

I've used her kit with ok results, but I need more practice tbh. I have 1b hair, which are the hardest knots to get rid of.

The kit comes with everything you need to get started, try it on an old piece to get the hang of it.

Bleaching 1B color to basically blond will really, really
weaken the hair and probably will shed quickly.
You're much better off ordering a blond unit (or at
least a blond front) and bleaching the unit dark, avoiding
the very base (knots and lace) of the hair.
That's what I've been doing. Works great.

Fred
01-23-2011, 04:23 PM,
(01-23-2011, 03:48 PM)FredTJ Wrote:
(01-23-2011, 02:51 PM)Henry Wrote: I'm not sure if Debbie bleaches knots, but send her an email to ask.

Fred

Good idea, what exact product do you use?

Thanks.
01-23-2011, 04:44 PM,
(01-23-2011, 04:23 PM)Henry Wrote:
(01-23-2011, 03:48 PM)FredTJ Wrote:

Fred

Good idea, what exact product do you use?

Thanks.

My hair color is around a 1B with some gray.
I normally order anywhere from 17 to 22R and 20% gray (synthetic gray).
I use Wella 3A and a 10 volume developer.
Unlike a lot of units that I've seen this almost always results in a great color with some of the hairs taking the color more or less than others, so I don't end up with just a solid, very dark hair color, but rather something that "shimmers" in the sun.
I leave it on for 10 ~ 15 minutes.

The hair in the unit takes the color very quickly and you'll want to use a color that's one or two shades lighter than your own hair. The hair in the unit not only takes the color quickly, but is seems to always come out darker also.

Fred
01-23-2011, 08:25 PM,
Hi guys ..my 2-cents worth.. I have 1b systems, and I`ve never bothered with bleaching knots... never caused any problems for me..can`t say they`re visible/noticeable ..just never been an issue for me.... Paul.
01-24-2011, 02:37 AM,
(01-23-2011, 08:25 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi guys ..my 2-cents worth.. I have 1b systems, and I`ve never bothered with bleaching knots... never caused any problems for me..can`t say they`re visible/noticeable ..just never been an issue for me.... Paul.

You'll most like find that it depends on the density and how you wear the front.
I wear a light density, graduated front and a totally exposed front hairline, so the knots have shown before when they weren't bleached.
If you wear a higher density, like 65% or above and/or don't use a graduated front and/or don't expose the front hairline, it may not be a problem.
Regardless, I would probably still do as I'm doing now, that is ordering a blond shade and coloring it myself.
The dye that the factory used is not "normal" hair dye, but rather a fabric dye, like "Ritz". The very dark colors, 1B in particular, turn a deep, deep, ruddy/rusty red'ish color kinda quickly, especially if you wash (with shampoo) them often.
Coloring the unit, like I do, they don't do that.
Note the the Wella "3A" is an ash based color.

Smile
Fred
01-24-2011, 06:45 AM,
hey guys

aren't (at least the stock-) pieces bleached already? that's what i actually thought...
01-24-2011, 08:41 PM,
They are "somewhat" bleached. ie. The darker pieces are not invisible because it really weakens the knots, hair. The lighter the color the more invisible obviously. I try to get blonds stocks and color them it is much easier than trying to bleach knots.
BTW yes Debbie does bleach knots.
01-24-2011, 11:17 PM,
Jay,

if you want very light knots, you have to bleach them on you own. Or you have to order a blond piece in the first place. There is no way around it.