Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
clueless friends
01-22-2011, 08:05 PM,
clueless friends
Attachment method:
quick perimeter bond. All tape. Front with . . . heck I don't remember.
I think it's super tape low profile. The rest stick-it tape.

Went out to eat with friends that know me for 15 years.
Granted, I used to wear hats like full time for the past 5 years due to thinning hair.
My MPB on the norwood scale is:3v Which is thinning front and enlarged crown (bald spot).
I was nervous to meet them. They are very close friends. They would say anything immediately! We are brutal with eachother.
They were oblivious. They were not being kind. They really don't have a clue.
They did not stare or keep glancing etc. Nothing.
Just in case (I'm newbie) I brought a hat and stuffed it in my coat.
I was totally paranoid for 3 minutes.
So silly of me.

I did not even use glue for the front which would make it look even better.

Just comes to show you. If the piece is a good match, the cut in done right, ppl will never know.

I've gotten lazy the last couple of attachments and don't use glue for the front.
It's easy to clean and reattatch this way. I can get away with this cuz my piece is 65% density and I've been brushing it down a bit but have a visible left part that shows scalp.

Anyways, been wearing 4 months or so now. This is my 2nd piece.
John is sending me 2 TL700s in 6 weeks. I've never worn skins. I hope I like them as much as my current SFS unit.
01-22-2011, 11:17 PM,
RE: clueless friends
Nice to hear Smile

2 pieces in 4 month ? One for backup ?

I already told most of my friends and family of my intention to wear in the next months so I wont be able to hide it but I think its better that way I wont be caugh if something happen everyone already know.

Maybe when the piece will be on my head I will change my mind and wish no one knew haha !

Maybe my friend will be clueless and wont know if I started to wear hahaha.

Im happy for you have a nice week-end !
01-23-2011, 01:46 AM,
I have always said that no one, but no one pays much attention to your hair, if at all.
Unless of course you decide to wear an old fashioned rug that used to be the norm in the not too distant past or get everything so wrong with our specs,cut in and attachment.
Nowadays with what we have at our disposal and greater self knowledge of what wearing entails, even fellow hair wearers can find it hard to spot who wears and we are always looking at other peoples hair,the sad obsessed people that we are! LOL !!
01-23-2011, 02:27 AM,
jeah nice to hear Smile

yes i am obessed too Big Grin
01-23-2011, 02:48 AM,
Nice one.. thanks for sharing..... as you said [ I`ve said too before] with a good cut-in the rest is really up to yourself...no-one will be any wiser. Paul.
01-26-2011, 03:21 PM,
most will surpirse u and tell u how good you look.
bobby
01-26-2011, 09:11 PM,
been wearing for over 3 months now,
only regret, when my hairdresser cut my system in, i insisted she cut to much of the front ,

as its a perception thing, a shock to the system it looked like i had way to much hair.
but once youve seen yourself wearing and acceptt the new hair,new look.
you realise its not that drastic.
so my advice is dont get to much cut off, as you cant put it back on.
ofcourse you can allways correct it with the next peice.

enjoy!
"one life , one chance to be &look youre best, hell who woudnt want that"
01-27-2011, 03:57 AM,
u can always go back 2 days later but once they ruin that peice u are in love with that sucks. it happen so many times . i will only cut myself. i got tired of paying $70 or so to get it ruined. as u wear u get more backbone and say to hair stylist ,yo dont ruin my unit. but most guys in the early stages think all stlyists are good. they are like car mechanic's . u get good and you get bad. finding the good one is hard imo..
bobby
01-27-2011, 05:53 AM,
thats why i am cuting it by myself. This is not that difficult and you have total control and time on a weekend or two if you could wear your old one for some days until the new one is perfect.
01-27-2011, 07:26 AM,
use a razor cut for the sides, or it will look stepped, and scissiors for for font top.
thats what my hairdresser does,
i'd never trust myself to cut a unit in.