Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions on Barbers or Self Hair cut
09-16-2009, 01:50 AM,
Questions on Barbers or Self Hair cut
My own hair is becoming pretty long for the system and is getting annoying to put up with (makes sense since I havent gotten it cut in 6 weeks). Unfortunately my hair is pretty thin but I find ways to blend it into the system pretty well (particularly with the use of a straightener) etc.

I need it cut and I don't know if I should trust a barber around here and just be like "listen bud, this is a hair piece, I need you to cut the other hair just maybe half an inch or a bit more all over" or if i should just do it myself.

Does anyone think the barber will accidentally cut the system hair? I'm at school and not many HP salons around here, just normal ones.
09-16-2009, 02:24 AM,
Re: Questions on Barbers or Self Hair cut
ah i'm going to have the exact same problem, when im at home i get a mobile hairdresser to come to my house which is surprisingly cheap. I would trust a professional barber more than i would trust you dude. I think it might be safer to also get a scissor cut if the piece is still on but either way get them to take their time.
09-16-2009, 10:39 AM,
Most old school barbers have had experience cutting hairpieces before.

Just make sure they know the line and where to start blending and where to not cut into it.

If you go to a chain "barber shop" with a bunch of girls just out of beauty school, you may be in for some trouble!
09-17-2009, 04:52 AM,
yeah im scared as hell that someone around here will f*ck it up. anyone else got any opinions?
09-17-2009, 05:29 AM,
Unless you want something radical. or something with a lot of angles and/or long. cutting the system yourself is easier than it seems. I have 0 experience cutting hair, and probably not much skill at it, but i have been cutting my own units. I just use a wahl clipper and thinning sheers for blending
09-17-2009, 06:09 AM,
not the system, talkin about my own hair dude
09-17-2009, 08:26 AM,
Take the system off and then go get your hair cut Tongue
09-17-2009, 01:18 PM,
I don't think there is any danger of the barber accidentally f**King up your hairpiece. You show him where the edge of your piece is, then he scoops up the false hair and clips it up with a spring clip. Then he cuts your real hair.

The good thing is that at the end you can let the system hair down again and make sure the blending works OK. The only downside is that another customer eying you very closely could spot the base of your piece, but they would have to be really looking, which people don't usually do.

For me, going in without the piece on is not viable. You have to sit there looking like Bozo the clown for 20 minutes. Call me vain, but I wouldn't want to do that even if I was 100% sure I wouldn't meet anyone I know.
09-17-2009, 01:58 PM,
Yeah i'm not down with that, esp since I might of run into someone i know.

instead i drove 45 mins away to Jean this stylist John told me about in a post. she was pretty awesome