Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Density??
01-19-2011, 08:39 PM,
Density??
Guys, should 75-80% density be nice and thick? Because I received my pieces today and they are thin, like u part the hair and there is a big gap.. Looks more like 55% density Sad
01-19-2011, 09:14 PM,
RE: Density??
Hi. Sometimes the piece looks thinner because the hair is long. It will actually look pretty thick once you cut it in.

I'm speaking from personal experience. Of course, it is possible the density is off but I suggest you either post pictures of the pieces and let other members try to judge for you or cut one in first to see if you are ok with the density.
01-19-2011, 09:16 PM,
Hi Shaun.. why don`t you hold the system up `to the light` and take a pic and send it to John? I wear a lighter density and you`ll see in older threads where I`ve posted pics and you can literally see through the system.... If you`re not happy with them, there`s no point in wearing as you`ll be `conscious`of them.... they sound like they`re not as dense as you wanted... Paul.
01-19-2011, 10:04 PM,
These things always look thin when long.

I had a look at the style you wanted

http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=4049

Get it cut to the length you want. And use some gel etc, from experience it all comes down to the styling and using gel or wax.

Next time, send that pic along with your order.
01-19-2011, 10:43 PM,
I just had a look at the link Henry posted there to refresh my memory...so it`s a partial we are talking about rather than a full system as such? I suppose as drogster said, the density can look `off` before it`s trimmed in to the correct length.... it`s worth considering .... if it`s a partial , at least if you`re still not happy with it after having it cut, it won`t be like you`re walking around with half your hair shaved off and then having to wait for a new system...yes it`s annoying having already waited 2 months, but more of an annoyance than a really big deal. Paul.
01-20-2011, 07:41 PM,
(01-19-2011, 10:43 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: I just had a look at the link Henry posted there to refresh my memory...so it`s a partial we are talking about rather than a full system as such? I suppose as drogster said, the density can look `off` before it`s trimmed in to the correct length.... it`s worth considering .... if it`s a partial , at least if you`re still not happy with it after having it cut, it won`t be like you`re walking around with half your hair shaved off and then having to wait for a new system...yes it`s annoying having already waited 2 months, but more of an annoyance than a really big deal. Paul.

Thanks for the feedback guys, Hi Paul Yes its only a system that fills in my reccesion, at the moment i wear my hair forward to hide it. Its definatly not the density i want and need, but i just wana start wearing asap im over trying to style it the way i do now, i think ill just get it cut tipped and styled because its better than no hair at all where i currently lack it in the temples.
John has emailed me and said i can send them back to add hair, which is good of him, but i think ill just wear it anyway and make sure my next ones are thicker.

Just a quick question, my piece i designed currently overlaps a good part of my "island" of hair so im going to cut a bit of the middle out so i dont hav to shave any of my own hair off, now i know you can cut the lace and hair will only fall away where it has been cut, the thing im concerned about is where i cut the piece, ive been told it will fray and my piece wont last long, like only a month if im lucky, is this true?
01-20-2011, 09:20 PM,
Hi Shaun.. I`ve been going through a few of the recent posts, but as usual, can`t find the one I want [still sleep-walking here !] but I did see a reply John[I think!] did, regarding cutting lace and he said it won`t fray. Hopefully another reader can give you a better answer --better again if they have cut into the lace like that and can tell you their experience.I really can`t see it being an issue if you take care with the de-bonding.....allow time for the lace-release to break the bond, otherwise if you tug the piece off early, you run the risk of tearing the lace. Hopefully someone can give you a definite answer..... I`d be really interested to learn how you get on as you`ve decided to `go with`the partials even though you think the density is `off`....I reckon it will be OK though..will just look like you have the start of normal recession at the front/temples.... best regards for now, Paul.
01-20-2011, 10:08 PM,
I've got experience of cutting lace. When you cut the lace, part the hair. So that you are only cutting inbetween the hairs.

Get some knot sealer. And apply it very very thinnly...less is more. I made the mistake first time of putting what I thought was little, and the piece lifted after a few hours.

Get some Toppik to thicken up the hair if its too thin.
01-20-2011, 10:53 PM,
he should not have to use concealer on his brand new hair system... whats the point in buying a hair system if you need to use concealer on it ?

Dont wanna pay 300$ (got long hair) and be un-happy with the product.
I hope this get resolved correctly

And why using un-clear value like % why not simply using let say 30 HPC (30 per per square centimeter) from what I read 50 hair per centimeter is good.

can we know the value behind dencity % ? its seem not precise enough.
01-20-2011, 11:19 PM,
Just to re -cap there and make one point: John has offered to have the partials sent back for the addition of more hair, but the wearer has chosen not to bother with that and will wear as is, which is obviously his choice. I totally concur that a person shouldn`t need to use concealers on a system. Just on your point of `Hair per square centimeter`...I totally `get`what you mean, but I honestly think it would totally confuse people ..... you`d be getting really technical questions from prospective wearers posting pics of a style they`d like and asking how many hair per square meter they`d need to order..... as it is, the easiest `` measure`` is Light, Medium, Heavy...... the number of hairs on a given area is really factory `stuff`..... I don`t want to come across as dismissive of your point, but just from a purely practical point of view, it would probably just cause more confusion ...... at least the way things stand now, if you order a `medium`and you think it`s a little too light , it can be `tweaked`[ as John has offered ]..yes it`s a nuisance to have to wait another bit of time, but it`s a technical issue for the factory rather than a wearer having to be bothered about `how many hairs `to order you know ? Just my 2 -cent`s worth !
Hairlosssucks -----it might be worth your while taking John up on that..... you won`t have to wait as long .....I`m sure it would be given priority and sent straight back out again...probably maybe take a month [mostly due to the postal services] or maybe you could wear one now as is, and send back the other one in the meantime ? Just a suggestion..... Paul.