Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picture of a hair system with polyband ?
01-19-2011, 05:31 AM,
Picture of a hair system with polyband ?
I would like to see how much we can see the poly band between hairs before choosing if I use some or not.
01-19-2011, 09:38 AM,
RE: Picture of a hair system with polyband ?
Don`t quite follow your question there [sorry] Can you be more specific please ? Paul.
01-19-2011, 09:52 AM,
If you're talking about the poly strip showing through the hair, if you have a system that is at least medium density or higher, you are pretty safe. Lighter densities will be more likely to show the poly strip. I wore a poly perimeter for years when I was younger without it being detectable due to the hairstyle(no exposed hairline) and density. A poly strip/perimeter gives a great bond in my opinion using either tape or glue. Clean-up is easy.
01-19-2011, 04:07 PM,
I will show my front hairline but the poly strip is on the back and side. my hair will be 65 % dencity 11 inch long.

so it should not be a problem ?

and would be easierfor me for a first system.
01-19-2011, 09:26 PM,
Hi again .. I agree with mcnash there --poly strip very very easy to work with for bond/de-bonding......with that density you will have no issue with show-through at all... front hairline will be lace and poly sides/back. Some people don`t like poly as they say it`s more detectable to touch ... I honestly can`t say it`s been an issue for me ..it`s very thin really. I think it may be an issue if you use tape under it rather than glue due to the `thickness`of the tape, but really, it gives a great bond and is very easy to clean...I just peel the tape off without having to use solvents... it`s hard-wearing. Hope you enjoy your new hair when you get it.. Paul.
01-21-2011, 04:38 AM,
(01-19-2011, 05:31 AM)JohnnySmith Wrote: I would like to see how much we can see the poly band between hairs before choosing if I use some or not.

Most factories would just increase the density around the edge to cover the base. Even so, you'd have to get down to very low densities, perhaps like 50%, before it'd become and issue.

Personally, I wouldn't even bother with a perimeter unless you're going to hard bond the piece. With lace, the alcohol flows right through, and breaks the bond pretty quickly. The hold lasts as long, although piece with a poly perimeter has tighter and stronger hold. I've always found poly edges to increase the heat/slime/gumminess of the underlying adhesive.

If you're worried about fraying, and the strength of the piece, just use french or even mono as a perimeter.
01-21-2011, 08:52 AM,
I will use french lace with SFS front.

well its hard to know wich would be better lol. I sweat a lot from the head and I tought that the piece would last longuer with a poly perimeter.

What do you meen with "hard bond the piece" I would like to forgot its there for a week or 2 then bond/debond.

but you say that it will be hot under the poly so... its a hard decision to make. I could try without the first time caus I gonna have the piece during summer and order one with a perimeter for the end of the summer.
01-21-2011, 09:37 AM,
The poly is only an inch wide---you can have it less if you wish......I find it suits me, you might prefer all-lace, it`s just a personal thing. I`d advise you not to wear for longer than 10 days really...less if you live in a hot climate, or [as you say] your scalp sweats a lot, due to glue/tapes degenerating and becoming messy for your clean-up.[see the recent post by Antywanty on his issues] Some wearers can `get away with it`but most can`t.....you need regular cleaning of your scalp etc.... finally, the poly will probably last longer than the lace itself so it`s not a case of ``the piece lasting longer with a poly strip`` ---you`re combining two materials so they will not necessarily age/wear at the same rate..... regards, Paul.
01-21-2011, 10:36 AM,
Hard bond refers to what the salons do to attach for 4 weeks. For me it involved glue on my scalp and on tape which was attached to a poly strip. Did that for years, but since i switched to all lace and re-bond 3-4 days, I like it better. The base is not what wears out first, it's the hair. If it's not shedding, it will lose it's curl and color long before the base wears out. I don't recommend any attachment over 1 week; the longer you wait, the worse the clean-up. If it's a long term bond you want, better to use a poly strip/perimeter. Clean-up is easier; experience is the best teacher.
01-21-2011, 08:28 PM,
I agree fully with mcnash.....the hair itself will normally `go`before any base material....and again he has confirmed my contention recently in other replies..... leaving a system on your head for more than about a week will give you a pain in the butt from cleaning... keep your life simple and de-bond regularly before it becomes a big chore....you`d be surprised sometimes at how rapidly a bond can go from very firm to weak and gooey after about a week or 10 days... wearing need not be a big hassle if you just follow a regular routine..cheers guys.. Paul.