Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make my own hair healthy?
01-17-2011, 05:17 AM,
How to make my own hair healthy?
A big problem I have, is that my own hair gets greasy too quickly. When this happens, it looks thin. So there is texture difference between the hairpiece and my own hair. I have to wash my own hair alot to get that "fluffy" look, but it takes a long time to get blending right again.

I've started using Alpecin shampoo, hopefully it works to make my own hair less greasy and more healthy looking. Anyone tried this, or can recommend something?
01-17-2011, 07:33 AM,
RE: How to make my own hair healthy?
I`m the same Henry----mine looks total crap after sleeping on it and needs to be washed/dried to make it look `proper`again.....that`s why I remove the system nightly...I don`t want/need to wash the system daily. I think the only real solution [because you cannot `switch off`your scalp from producing oils] is to make a bigger template and get a bigger --maybe 3/4 -- system covering more of your own hair, just leaving the very ends visible/blended in with your system hair. I guess full caps look really attractive for people with this `problem`? Paul.
01-17-2011, 10:44 AM,
RE: How to make my own hair healthy?
What I've been doing, prior to this path of getting a hair system, was using a combination of 2 shampoos to stop hair loss. Nizoral and the Nioxin system (shampoo, conditioner and scalp treatment)

What I found was that, for me anyway, it did seem as if my head was less 'sweaty' or greasy (hard for me to say for sure since I buzz my head pretty closely)

Since I've been starting to regrow my hair I'm still going to use them and I really like the Nioxin products now that I can feel my hair, it seems very soft. Again, I'm new to having hair, I'm just letting you know what I've been using.