Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making a new crown on a piece
01-17-2011, 12:07 AM,
Making a new crown on a piece
The crown I've got on the piece I'm about to use is a bit too far forward for me (probably about an inch too far forward).

2 questions:

1. Is it possible to make yourself a new crown further back?
2. Does it matter if the crown is a little too far forward? Will this give me away or is it not really that big a deal?
01-17-2011, 12:21 AM,
RE: Making a new crown on a piece
Hi snell.... with respect... I think you`re probably being a little`sensitive` as you had a lot of worries / reservations about wearing.......if you really do feel conscious , you could [very carefully and lightly] use a thinning scissors to lightly thin some hair just behind the existing crown point..... some people prefer to pluck the hairs individually [ I wouldn`t have the patience for that] .... crown areas generally are a little lighter in density than the rest of the system [or even in a person`s growing hair] so you could make it look as if it was just a larger crown ..... personally I don`t think it will attract a second glance. Paul.
01-17-2011, 01:30 AM,
(01-17-2011, 12:21 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi snell.... with respect... I think you`re probably being a little`sensitive` as you had a lot of worries / reservations about wearing.......if you really do feel conscious , you could [very carefully and lightly] use a thinning scissors to lightly thin some hair just behind the existing crown point..... some people prefer to pluck the hairs individually [ I wouldn`t have the patience for that] .... crown areas generally are a little lighter in density than the rest of the system [or even in a person`s growing hair] so you could make it look as if it was just a larger crown ..... personally I don`t think it will attract a second glance. Paul.

Thanks for the response Paul.

My concern is just that the hair is coming down on my head a bit earlier than what my natural hair does. And I was wondering if this could be a give away to people?
01-17-2011, 01:52 AM,
Hi again..you mean your front hairline? If so, just move your system back slightly....you`d be really surprised at how crucial/important at how the overall effect/`look` can be affected by having a system sitting slightly out of position at the front... it might just require a little `nip & tuck` in relation to it`s position ....let me know if that helps...you can always get your stylist to do a little trim too...but remember, a system needs to `settle`in for a while [sleep on it, wash, comb etc.] they can appear to be very `obvious`to you as a new wearer in the very early days...you`re just not used to seeing so much hair on your head and you`re sensitive to it attracting attention...... I often went back to the stylist after 2 weeks for a little `adjustment`....it`s always better to `go easy` at the first cut-in/styling...you can always `tweak`it later ,rather than taking too much off at first.... let me know if that helps mate...Paul.
01-17-2011, 02:05 AM,
(01-17-2011, 01:52 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi again..you mean your front hairline? If so, just move your system back slightly....you`d be really surprised at how crucial/important at how the overall effect/`look` can be affected by having a system sitting slightly out of position at the front... it might just require a little `nip & tuck` in relation to it`s position ....let me know if that helps...you can always get your stylist to do a little trim too...but remember, a system needs to `settle`in for a while [sleep on it, wash, comb etc.] they can appear to be very `obvious`to you as a new wearer in the very early days...you`re just not used to seeing so much hair on your head and you`re sensitive to it attracting attention...... I often went back to the stylist after 2 weeks for a little `adjustment`....it`s always better to `go easy` at the first cut-in/styling...you can always `tweak`it later ,rather than taking too much off at first.... let me know if that helps mate...Paul.

Sorry, I re-read my post, and I explained that really badly.

I'm meaning at the back of the head, where the crown is. So because the crown is further forward than my natural one, the hair starts to go down the back of my head earlier (if you get me). When normally, the hair is going in the opposite direction at that point.
01-17-2011, 02:11 AM,
I get you now.... sounds like a directional/blending issue...is the front hairline ok? Can you move the system back slightly to `compensate`? Even a quarter of an inch can make a huge difference..... I`d have a chat with the stylist too... he/she may be able to `tweak`it so you`re happier with it..... is it a stock or custom system ? Paul.
01-17-2011, 02:37 AM,
(01-17-2011, 02:11 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: I get you now.... sounds like a directional/blending issue...is the front hairline ok? Can you move the system back slightly to `compensate`? Even a quarter of an inch can make a huge difference..... I`d have a chat with the stylist too... he/she may be able to `tweak`it so you`re happier with it..... is it a stock or custom system ? Paul.

It's a custom. Next time I'll order the crown an inch further back.

Do you think this issue matters? Can I still wear the piece and it be undetectable?
01-17-2011, 02:42 AM,
Hi snell.. can u post a pic ? That way I /others can give you an honest opinion as we`re not `biased` ..... if it`s something you`re conscious of, well then it`s an issue which is real for you. That`s why I recommend sending in pics with your order... it shows your hair direction and area to be covered..helps the factory. I totally understand your concern... a pic would really help mate.. Paul.
01-17-2011, 02:48 AM,
(01-17-2011, 02:42 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi snell.. can u post a pic ? That way I /others can give you an honest opinion as we`re not `biased` ..... if it`s something you`re conscious of, well then it`s an issue which is real for you. That`s why I recommend sending in pics with your order... it shows your hair direction and area to be covered..helps the factory. I totally understand your concern... a pic would really help mate.. Paul.

I'll try and get a pic up.

It's not that big a deal really, I think I've made it to be bigger than what it is.

All it is is that the crown starts about an inch further forward than my natural one. I'm sure, since the unit is freestyle, that I can just brush the hairs behind the crown forward and use a bit of gel to help.

I don't think it's that big a deal, but just wanted to see what other people did if they got a crown that was a touch too forward.
01-17-2011, 03:00 AM,
Have you put knot -sealer on it yet ? If not, you can `train` it pretty easily and use a bit of gel too as you say.... freestyle are pretty easy to work with.... it becomes more difficult though once the knot -sealer has been applied as it `locks`the hairs into whatever direction they happen to be in when you apply it..... until knot-sealer is applied, you can really `play around`with a freestyle...... don`t be afraid to have another consultation with the stylist too ..a slight little trim/thinning there could make a difference too....the early days of wearing ----you`re naturally going to be VERY critical when looking at your new hair from every possible angle.... Paul.