Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Template Making Question with Pics
01-15-2011, 06:15 AM,
Template Making Question with Pics
This might seem odd, but I'm about to make my template and I notice a lighter section of hair growing on the back of my head. Now I've been buzzing my head for years, so I don't really even know how thick it will grow it. It appears to grow at a slight angle and perhaps that's why it looks thinner.

My question, should I buzz down that light section and extend the template there or should I try and keep that hair and get the smallest template possible? Section 1 just covers area without hair, section 2 in the pics covers the area that seems a little thinner and lighter (from the mirror)

Any opinions?

Thanks
FH
this might be a better pic of the area I'm talking about

Attached Files Image(s)

01-15-2011, 10:44 AM,
RE: Template Making Question with Pics
From the pics, as a gut reaction I would say shave it.

How does it look when you've grown that area more?

A good idea would be to, order a template for the large size. Let your that bit of hair keep growing, but use the double sided tape just on that area...the one with the red liner that sits on the growing hair...that way it won't damage it. That way you can see how it looks in a few months. If it doesn't look great, then you can still keep the large piece and shave that area.

This way, you can find what works for you personally, as we are all different.
01-15-2011, 09:11 PM,
Hi Freshair..... leave it grow for another week or so and you`ll have a clearer idea of how thin that area is likely to be....it looks like classic male-pattern baldness...starts in the centre of the head, spreads outwards slowly,stops for a while, then begins to `march`backwards too. You`re probably only really noticing it now as you`ve stopped buzzing the hair so tightly so it`s now becoming apparent to you as you look more closely. You`ll probably find it best to take in that larger area with your template--- I appreciate how tricky it can be to know exactly where to `pitch`the back perimeter...... really it doesn`t have to be exactly to the nearest millimeter..... just use your own discretion ...as I say, leave it grow a little bit and you`ll have a better idea of what needs coverage. I`d also advise you to be careful of what density you go for..... guessing now [as your hair is so tight to your head] is when it grows, it will not be quite a medium density, nor will it be very light...somewhere in between, so maybe a 50-55% in your order would be a good match...enclose those pics [without the black lines] with your order, and John will have a great idea of what your needs are, both density-wise and hair direction, and can `tweak`your order before sending it to the factory. Regards, Paul.
01-16-2011, 04:17 AM,
Thanks for the replies guys. The tough thing for me is that I've been buzzing my head since high school (almost 20 years ago) and even the simplest thing about hair I've forgotten, such as how long it takes to grow again LOL

I think you guys are right, that thin area is most likely going to have to go so that the thick hair matches up better, but I think I'll wait a couple of weeks to let it grow and see if it thickens up, even though I doubt it.

How long does it take to really see hair growth at a decent length, 3 or 4 weeks?

The other thing I've noticed is that I've got a few specs of grey hair! Amazing what surprises you'll find after 20 years of not seeing your hair LOL - I think going to colour my hair, I don't think I'm ready for grey yet (I was going to get that backtonatural dark ash brown for both my hair and piece to match them up properly)

Thanks again for the tips
01-16-2011, 04:24 AM,
About 1/2 an inch a month.
01-16-2011, 04:34 AM,
Hi again FreshHair .. yeah, good idea to allow it grow a bit --otherwise you could order a system now, and when it`s delivered, your own has grown so that you find it`s a different colour to what you remember it had been.... also as you say...grey will/does appear as we age... I have them now too but only around the side-burn area and I just use a normal black colour on those particular areas.....I have to `time`it right otherwise it will darken too deeply and be a mis-match for my system hair...... you might want to consider another option.....when you can `see`your hair again, it might be nice to incorporate a few flecks of gray through your system ...can give a nice `mature`look [ I know you might HATE grey ] but it`s just a suggestion. The only `caution`is that as far as I know, grey is made from fiber[artificial] in order that if/when you use colour touch-up products, the fiber is impervious to them,so stays grey, and a lot of grey can lead to `texture`difference.....if someone runs their hand through it, they`ll notice the difference and a lot of grey can look different too, as fiber reflects light differently to real hair.... but a bit sprinkled through a system can look very real too, especially on older guys..... your approach is sensible...just take your time and you`ll be fine....my own[ very thin] hair grows very fast, some people`s hair grows very slowly so can`t give you an estimate of how long it will take... I take zinc supplement daily..good for hair and nails etc..might be worth a try? Paul.
01-16-2011, 06:10 AM,
Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it. If it wasn't for this forum and you guys, I know I wouldn't even attempt this change.

Thanks for the estimate Henry, I'll keep that in mind.

That's a good idea Paul, about a few flecks of grey. Once I get some more growth I'll see what I have to work with in another few weeks and go from there. If it's just a bit around the years etc... then perhaps I can get away without them, but I'm open to trying something new either way. I'm not 19 anymore LOL

I do take zinc along with several other vitamins (i'm a bit of a health nut), but that is good advice nonetheless.

I've attached pics from a guy and was curious, how difficult is this style as a newbie? The advantage I see from my point is that since I buzz my sides I could use a system right away. Is this realistic or should I really grow out my sides a lot longer and go for an 'easier' style to blend and use as a newbie.

Thanks

Attached Files Image(s)

01-16-2011, 06:40 AM,
That should be a really easy style to go with if you`d like to keep your sides cropped-in..just get the density correct--have a close look at the pics...the front is spikey and there is a nice amount of scalp show-through...also at the crown area...... if the system hair was too dense it would be very obvious at the blend-in area, a bit like a `step` and would draw attention......the sides and back perimeter on that are probably less dense than the top/crown area...probably not a lot, but enough to allow for an un-noticeable blend-in onto the growing hair... at a guess it`s about 50 -55% density. Any good stylist would have no trouble doing that cut-in for you...... not sure if it`s ``Straight`` or ``Bodywave`` ....John will know what to order [ These pics are off this site I think? ] Getting the density right is the key to that style... enclose a few pics of your own hair too once it has come on a bit..it all helps for a good match. Cheers for now, Paul.