Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious case of cold feet
01-14-2011, 08:20 AM,
RE: Serious case of cold feet
snell!!!!
let me tell you something, iv done what youre going to do,
and youre not just sticking a rugg on youre head.
thease are state of the art hair systems.
youre getting it cutt in, blended,by a pro in a salon, youre getting superb advice.
hell im the worst of worriers,
it dosent have to be exact 100% its not heart brain surgery its hair.
iv been wearing for 11 weeks.
and im bonding, cleaning debonding myself.
now c'mon if it were that difficult do you think i'd take the chance? leave the house. would i hell.
but i know it looks bloody great,boasting? yes i am because hair systems look out of this world.
hell no one ever mentioned my hair before i wore because it looked rubbish,thats when i came to the end of the road using concealers.
let me tell you when i started wearing, one lady who i know seid "liking the hair"
and others seid similar positive comments.
its real hair,i sometimes forget im wearing.
im walking about and guys look at my hair, and there thinking wish i could gell my hair like that, wish i had hair like that.
and the woman and the girls, well they like it because its modern, clean shiny, gelled
hair.
ill use this analogy ,i remember when we got our first new gas fire installed moving from solid fuel(coke, cole) to gas, i was terrified to switch it on incase i blew the house up.
but withing weeks its was second nature.

i can promise you i woudnt be sat here wasting my time, typing this if it wernt true.
one thin layer of glue, bonded correctly and there on youre head like a rock.
wind? rain, snow, hell sports, no worries.
i'd love nothing more than to take you to the salon and reassure you m8.

one life, one chance to look be youre best, hell who woudnt want that.
do it, i did and i love it.
no more hair worries

antySmile
01-14-2011, 09:41 AM,
Your worries are very natural and real and we have all had them,believe me on that one!
But what has been said is true,no bull!
These things are so far removed from what i thought and understood wigs to be.
You have to wear them to understand that and you very,very quickly forget you have it on.
If you have your density,color spot on with a good cut in and also a clean attachment which is so easy it is childs play, then there is not a cats hell in chance for anyone,and i mean anyone, even suspecting that you wear,even up close and personal.
Unfortuanatly we can all tell you but you have to bite the bullett yourself and wear and pretty quick you will feel a bit foolish for your concerns and worries.
That is in no way disputing or dismissing them because, as i say, we all had them and we all felt them for the first time.
I remember after i got it attached and i went out for the first time and walking down the street i just kept my eyes open to see who would look or worse point or laugh but nothing.
It really is true no one gives a shit really and you will be a bit paranoid for the first few times you go out and about but again that passes without you even noticing.
If you do find yourself worrying too much after a few days or weeks then reconsider if wearing is for you because to wear successfully you have to forget and live your life without even giving it a second thought.
That's the secret and all i can say is that you do soon forget you have anything on your head it is that natural.
Very best of luck and let us know how it goes for you and please stop trying to worry too much,nothing in life,especially hair is worth getting too worked out about!
01-14-2011, 09:58 AM,
^Even if you worry alot, I would still not give up. The honest truth is, is that there is that there will always be paranoia. And this is from someone that has been wearing for a few years.

But there is paranoia with everything, even people with hair have bad hair days. Bad skin problems etc. The fear that this thing will come off is always in the back of my mind, I have be aware of how strong my attachment is, is it looking decent after wearing a hat, waking up in the morning, after being out in the wind and rain.

The key is accepting this stuff and changing your lifestyle. I get fed up of the people that say you should just shave your head though. Because even that takes maintence, as you have to shave every few days, make sure your head is moisturised and watch out for ingrowing hairs.

So its a trade off, wearing hair does take more work. It's not always perfect, but it is 90%. Which for me is better than shaving my head.
01-14-2011, 02:00 PM,
Appointment booked. Thanks for the push everyone. Exactly what I needed.

Will keep everyone posted with how I go.

It's just when I look at Ricky Ponting (Australian cricket captain for those who don't know) and the results he got, I can only see this as a positive move.
01-14-2011, 11:40 PM,
(01-14-2011, 02:00 PM)snell Wrote: Appointment booked. Thanks for the push everyone. Exactly what I needed.

Will keep everyone posted with how I go.

It's just when I look at Ricky Ponting (Australian cricket captain for those who don't know) and the results he got, I can only see this as a positive move.
Never mind Ricky wearing and pulling it off there are hundreds of guys in the spotlight,whether sport or showbiz who wear and you would never know unless it is pointed out that they wear.And let's not forget the hundreds of guys you come accross everyday in the street who wear and you have probably just passed them by not even knowing that they do.
Glad you are taking the plunge and i do hope it is everything that you want!
01-15-2011, 12:26 PM,
I'm 21, and doing this in a couple of months.. grow some balls dude, things are way easier when you think of then in a sunny day in the park than at home alone at night.., things are simple.. you're going to get older and older and then die, all the people that surround you also, just enjoy your days dude!, and if you feel better with hair.. fucking put some hair in yo mofockin' head!, it is really that simple.. and if someone notices it then what?, just be smarter and clever than him, and say to him, yes, im bald as a rock and I wear hair cuz I don't like being bald, what's wrong?, I always laugh at people that like to put others down.. that is a sing of LACK OF CONFIDENCE themselves, and yeah, I'll be wearing hair in a couple of months, but my life is better than a lot of those guys even all... so who laughs no?

go ahead and try it dude, this is not like a ht.. there is a comeback if you dont like it (ht has a comeback to, but with scars maybe, but everything but dead in life has a comeback)
(01-14-2011, 09:41 AM)LTB Wrote: Your worries are very natural and real and we have all had them,believe me on that one!
But what has been said is true,no bull!
These things are so far removed from what i thought and understood wigs to be.
You have to wear them to understand that and you very,very quickly forget you have it on.
If you have your density,color spot on with a good cut in and also a clean attachment which is so easy it is childs play, then there is not a cats hell in chance for anyone,and i mean anyone, even suspecting that you wear,even up close and personal.
Unfortuanatly we can all tell you but you have to bite the bullett yourself and wear and pretty quick you will feel a bit foolish for your concerns and worries.
That is in no way disputing or dismissing them because, as i say, we all had them and we all felt them for the first time.
I remember after i got it attached and i went out for the first time and walking down the street i just kept my eyes open to see who would look or worse point or laugh but nothing.
It really is true no one gives a shit really and you will be a bit paranoid for the first few times you go out and about but again that passes without you even noticing.
If you do find yourself worrying too much after a few days or weeks then reconsider if wearing is for you because to wear successfully you have to forget and live your life without even giving it a second thought.
That's the secret and all i can say is that you do soon forget you have anything on your head it is that natural.
Very best of luck and let us know how it goes for you and please stop trying to worry too much,nothing in life,especially hair is worth getting too worked out about!

So you're lucky that you didn't pass next to me after your first attach.. because I look at EVERYONE's hair when I am walking in the street, I am no obsessed, seiriuously, I am a happy and sympa guy who scores chicks every night, I just had a bad year when I started balding... but that was because I didn't know how good where hair pieces, and I though.. well, no hm, and no money for a ht plus I don't want to go to a surgery for the fucking hair hahaha, and also seing that propecia was harming me... = die bald. When I saw how good they were, I changed my mind to my normal state again.. ALWAYS happy, and life the life with no stress, smile and be kind to everyone, and most of the will be kind to you.
Good night friends
I'm drunk so please forgive my grama errors
01-15-2011, 01:00 PM,
yo young gun, i like what u had to say, when will u be ordering? or have u already? i have Smile
04-08-2011, 12:14 AM,
Snell how was the cut in? Are you wearing the piece at work?
04-16-2011, 04:08 PM,
(04-08-2011, 12:14 AM)sagem Wrote: Snell how was the cut in? Are you wearing the piece at work?

Yep it's all good. All going well.

My only advice is get a good cut in, get a good piece, make it look realistic.

And don;t look like Billy Brownless for all the Australians out there who would have seen him during the week.