Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attachment of poly skin bases
05-09-2011, 05:58 AM,
Attachment of poly skin bases
I've worn lace system for years. Attaching with tape or glue is piece of cake.. As is cleaning the system.

For those of you who wear a poly skin unit, how do you apply? How do you clean system after debond?

I assume that a strong tape applied to a skin would tear the skin when trying to remove?
05-09-2011, 06:15 AM,
RE: Attachment of poly skin bases
(05-09-2011, 05:58 AM)Farrell customer Wrote: I've worn lace system for years. Attaching with tape or glue is piece of cake.. As is cleaning the system.

For those of you who wear a poly skin unit, how do you apply? How do you clean system after debond?

I assume that a strong tape applied to a skin would tear the skin when trying to remove?

Simple.......... I use Davlyn Black Clear Adhesive (around the perimeter and a few dabs down the center) on initial attachment after having done a base cleanup which I do maybe every 2 weeks or so . (removing the original Davlyn Adhesive )
After this attachment , I use either nothing but the original adhesive or after removing everyday or 2 or sometimes 3......or I may use one of 3 different GTBG, or sometimes combine 2 or at times use all 3 !
Wiping the base with a alcohol dampened cotton seems to reactivate the adhesives! I also rinse under the tub faucet.
Been wearing skins for years with this attaching procedure ! Smile

johnny/albuquerque

ps.........the reattach procedure takes a couple of minutes !! Smile
05-09-2011, 08:38 AM,
Sorry. I didn't follow. So you remove every few days? How do you remove the glue from the system? Do you ever use a longer holding glue for a linger attachment? With tape and strong glue, i get three weeks between attachments.
05-09-2011, 09:22 AM,
(05-09-2011, 08:38 AM)Farrell customer Wrote: Sorry. I didn't follow. So you remove every few days? How do you remove the glue from the system? Do you ever use a longer holding glue for a linger attachment? With tape and strong glue, i get three weeks between attachments.

I usually remove everyday. Why,because , its such an easy peel off the skin, nothing needed but to peel it off, wipe with alcohol, run under the faucet and put it back on !

Davlyn , if I wanted, would give me a longer hold . Sometimes when I go 3 days, I still have a strong attachment. 3 days for me is max ! I would never go 3 weeks..........even if I was wearing lace!

Glue removal is done by laying alcohol saturated cotton balls around the perimeter for hour or so.

johnny
05-10-2011, 03:55 AM,
I wear skin too. I do full head bond with ghost bond.
I went 3 weeks with one touchup for hairline.
It was very hard to remove after 3 weeks. I could have easily gone for more days
When I get sweaty it does feel hot and makes me wanna scratch.
It looks great though.
I like it for winter n colder or mild weather.
When cleaning, I use citrus solvent. I scrub glue off with old credit card.
It takes 15 minutes n it's messy.

Lace is the way to go for comfort though. This summer I'm gonna do lace
Makes working out more comfortable also.

(05-09-2011, 09:22 AM)johnnycs1 Wrote:
(05-09-2011, 08:38 AM)Farrell customer Wrote: Sorry. I didn't follow. So you remove every few days? How do you remove the glue from the system? Do you ever use a longer holding glue for a linger attachment? With tape and strong glue, i get three weeks between attachments.

I usually remove everyday. Why,because , its such an easy peel off the skin, nothing needed but to peel it off, wipe with alcohol, run under the faucet and put it back on !

Davlyn , if I wanted, would give me a longer hold . Sometimes when I go 3 days, I still have a strong attachment. 3 days for me is max ! I would never go 3 weeks..........even if I was wearing lace!

Glue removal is done by laying alcohol saturated cotton balls around the perimeter for hour or so.

johnny
05-10-2011, 05:17 AM,
I too got confused with johnnies attachment method lol.

I simply usually use got2b glued spiking glue for the base attachment on skin, as well as the temple flaps, but the front center of the hairline I use ORWG.. This gives me a secure hold for at least 4 days. I usually change after 3-5 days..

Another attachment I have done on poly.. Is first throw down regular scotch tape on the perimeter ... than on top of the scotch tape i lay down blue lace tape. when its time to remove, i just peel away the scotch tape.. On thicker poly its SUPER FUSS FREE.. but on the very thin skins, Even the scotch tape seems to leave a residue..

I have now tried duo tack.. That is tape with redliner on one side and bluetape on the other.. u put the red liner onto the skin and the blue tape goes facing your scalp. i tried it once. so far so good.

note: one consideration u have to make with skin units is whether or not u want to do a perimeter or full bond. WHen you only attach the perimeter than there is air between the scalp and skin.. this could cause the skin to make a noise sometimes when u touch it, or feel more unnatural. I think it also makes it feel hotter because ur scalp now can sweat ... But if u attach skin tightly to ur scalp.. lets say using GOT2 on ur whole head.. than it blocks the sweat glands and there is no air or room to build up sweat and oil... So its kind of more comforable when the skin is binded to ur head on a full perimeter than leaving air and space.. if that makes sense.
05-10-2011, 10:35 PM,
I have always head the front hairline is the weak link on the poly skin. Hard to conceal the hairline. I was wondering how undervented "baby hair" would work. That may solve the problem.

I use to order "baby hair' before they came out with lace fronts and it helped. I notice a lot of the black ladies wear baby hair with their lace and skin pieces on the black lady's wig fourms.

Dose that sound like it would help with the front?

Jim
05-11-2011, 02:01 AM,
I usually don't wear skin. If I do, I use the "daily wear" method. That means you take the piece off at night. If you use the G2B SPRAY, removal and attachment are so quick that even people on a very busy schedule can hack the routine. Additionally, the nightly removal nearly eliminates the hygiene issues associated with skin.

Basically, just spray the underside of the base with G2B, then slide the piece on and position. To remove: just run your head under warm water/ and shampoo. Done.
05-11-2011, 04:57 AM,
(05-11-2011, 02:01 AM)Robert James Fischer Wrote: I usually don't wear skin. If I do, I use the "daily wear" method. That means you take the piece off at night. If you use the G2B SPRAY, removal and attachment are so quick that even people on a very busy schedule can hack the routine. Additionally, the nightly removal nearly eliminates the hygiene issues associated with skin.

Basically, just spray the underside of the base with G2B, then slide the piece on and position. To remove: just run your head under warm water/ and shampoo. Done.

The problem with that clean up is you have to shampoo the hair every night when it really doesn't really need it. It wears out faster washing every day and you are only wearing it 8-10 hours between shampoos.

Also people say the front hairline, especially in the part area doesn't look real natural as the edge of the piece shows. That is why I was wondering if under-venting "baby hair" in the front might be the answer to the front edge showing?

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨).
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ .·´
.·´ ¸.·*`·-» * Jim *
(¸.·´