Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exposing Poly - HELP!
01-13-2011, 01:50 AM,
Exposing Poly - HELP!
I may have ordered my har piece too thin (65%).. it seems my poly is exposing big time @!!!! HELP!

Out of the 3 years I am wearing, this is really the first time his is happenig.. luckily I still have some leftover Toppik as I am using this as a temporary solution.

Anyone have similar issue and hw did you solve this???

This piece is a TL150 (SFS with poly side and back)

Apperciate your help.

Attached Files Image(s)

01-13-2011, 03:59 AM,
RE: Exposing Poly - HELP!
It looks thin for a 65% or have you been wearing it for quite some time?
My french lace with poly back n sides did the sane after 6 months, i got good use out of it but will never order poly with lace again.
Just all lace is much better.
01-13-2011, 07:10 AM,
How old is that system ? I too think/reckon that`s a lot less than 65% [Medium] --looks more like a 50%[ Light].
There`s really not a lot you can do [not being funny/smart with you] apart from use concealer and order a stock to tide you over [naturally you`re going to be `conscious`of this ] and activate a new order based on your template with the factory..that`s the quickest solution I think. If the system is fairly new, contact John to check the original specs on it...to my mind, if you ordered 65% and it`s exposing that amount of poly, either it shed heavily [which you would have seen happening] or the system was not not made as a `medium`...... I have a poly strip on mine and the density is 55% and it certainly doesn`t allow that much exposure of the poly....something is `` not right`` here. First time I`ve seen this issue on the forum.... sorry I can`t be of more help than that..let us know how it goes.. best wishes, Paul.
01-13-2011, 09:40 AM,
There is no need for poly. With your next order just order lace and apply the tape to the lace.
01-13-2011, 02:31 PM,
I just got off the line with the customer. This is too thin. The white area you see is tape and not poly. The factory goofed on this one .
I'll make the factory aware of this and order a new unit that will be more dense and cover the poly. We'll make it right.
Regards,
John
05-10-2011, 12:46 PM,
Hey guys, I tried to post some pics yesterday of the lace being exposed in the front and sides of my unit but my camera is old and has very few features to adjust the shots I took. The pics of this guy's unit is how thin my stock piece (which I just got on Thursay) is in the front and the sides, the ironic thing is the only area where it is thick or at least the 65% it is supposed to be is the crown which I thought was supposed to be thinner compared to everywhere else for realism. A side from the fact that the stock came with a graduated front the thin area goes from the front to an inch and a half or maybe more behind it so it has nothing to do with the few milimeters of graduated line. I'm really anxious right now because my custom is coming soon and it basically has the same stats, 65% and graduated front. I'm really hoping that this stock was just an overlooked mess up by the factory and not the actual density. I'm going to wait and see and worst case scenario I'll ask John to send it back to put more hair in it if that can be done. I have been posting a lot because I cannot wear my stock at all because of how it looks, the glue dries white and you see large areas of lace clearly exposed. A side from the problem that I have with not finding the right glue I think most of the problem is that if there was more hair and it wasn't so thin it would blend in better and be less noticable. Is it normal that the crown on mine is thick compared to most of the front and sides? If the crown of this unit is 65% I would have to say that the front and the majority everywhere else is 50 or 45% As I said the pic on this post of that guy's crown is how it looks in the front of my hair.
05-10-2011, 05:59 PM,
Sounds like something`s not right with that stock for some reason...wait until the custom arrives and have a good look at it.... or you could ask John to have a good look over it before sending it out to you... if he feels the density is not correct, he can send it back for the addition of more hair... I have a feeling it will be ok though..custom systems are generally much as ordered...if it`s already on it`s way, just look it over and if you feel it`s `off` just contact John...don`t style/cut it in any way.....hope it works out this time, Paul.