Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back again and Reviewing: Ghost Bond vs UltraHold
01-18-2011, 07:21 AM,
RE: Back again and Reviewing: Ghost Bond vs UltraHold
(01-18-2011, 06:51 AM)mrjoejohn Wrote:
(01-17-2011, 10:48 AM)FreshHair Wrote: Regarding the dirty front, are you using your hands/fingers to push down or a comb? Your own oils can be attached perhaps to the front and end up looking dirty? Just a thought...

I'm using my fingers, but dirt only shows up after about 5 hours when it's drying. don't know, maybe i'm doing something wrong but i like Ultrahold better. I'm tempted to use Ghost Bond and use only the very last 5mm with Ultrahold, just to seal the Ghost Bond. Just an idea that has popped up right now.

I'd be using 3 kinds of adhesion at one go lol
Supertape, Ghost Bond and Ultrahold (as a sealer).

How can u like ultra hold? Indeed it is the strongest glue out there.
But I don't think the cleanup and even the application are very forgiving.
The Ghost Bond is almost as strong. Cleanup after 1 or more weeks is minimal. Applying it is quick.
The GB does not give me dirty hairline either.
Shake the bottle before you use btw.
Right now I'm using tape for the front and because my piece has more density (medium/light) I can get away with it. I also comb it forward with a side part. It's fine. Easy to clean etc. Even tape collects some dirt. It takes 30 seconds to wipe it gently with some alcohol np.

The section of lace that tends to lift first for me is the back. GB is stronger than tape for me in that area.
My 2 cents.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Back again and Reviewing: Ghost Bond vs UltraHold - balamouti - 01-18-2011, 07:21 AM