Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back again and Reviewing: Ghost Bond vs UltraHold
01-11-2011, 10:15 AM,
RE: Back again and Reviewing: Ghost Bond vs UltraHold
I`d suggest the easiest way to avoid problems is, apply two short-ish [maybe an inch long] strips of tape, one on either side [of the system], just behind the temple area....leave the backing tape on them [just lift a corner on each one so you can grip it later to peel it off] Place the system on your head and position it as accurately as you can...is best to locate your front hairline-point first [just frown a bit and you`ll see the point where the scalp skin meets the forehead skin as it tends not to stretch etc. You can also place your 4 fingers across your forehead with the small finger just across the eye-brows..your index finger will be lying across where your hairline will be] Once you have that point, just place a `dot`with an eyebrow pencil...then make sure it`s not sitting lop-sided, and sitting centrally.Just place one hand onto your system, palm down, to prevent it moving/slipping and lift the perimeter where the tape strip is and peel off the backing tape and press that point against the skin to adhere.Do the same on the other side.That gives you two anchor-points. Simply mark around the front perimeter with the eyebrow pencil [ a few broken lines will do] You can fold the system back onto your head there and apply your glue layers....you must allow each layer to go clear and tacky....the more layers, the longer the bond. Then just lay/press the lace down onto the glue and press firmly..try to avoid uneven-ess..I allow mine to fall on ``it`s own`` so it`s even, then I just pat/press it onto the glue. You can then fold the back up and forward to the anchor-points, and apply glue carefully to your scalp..again, you can maybe mark a few dotted lines with the pencil..you`ll see them easily and they will also show you any little bits of remaining growing hair that might need to be shaved out of the way...it can be tricky working on the back of your head while looking in two mirrors but you`ll soon get used to it.. any excess glue, or any that you accidentally get onto your growing hair can be removed with a cotton pad soaked with de-bonder fluid. All that probably sounds really complicated and tricky --you`ll be able to do it in jig time in a matter of a few bonds...the start is always going to be nerve-wracking.....it`s like learning to ride a bike --you`ll have a few wobbles [hopefully no crashes though :-) ] and in no time at all, you`ll be wondering what all the fuss was about..... probably be on here in a few months telling me how I should do mine !! lol !.
Some wearers use tape and glue..tape a few millimeters inside the perimeter,glue to the very edge.... some just use all tape and just some glue on the front hairline.. it`s just a matter of what you find you like yourself ...don`t be afraid to experiment a bit to find what you like.Paul.
01-17-2011, 09:23 AM,
So after a couple of days using Ghost Bond... I can be more accurate.

Ok, it has one con, and I really hate it.
Basically, I'm having my forehead gettin dirty every 4 hours. I have to clean it all the time. I dunno why, it very rarely ever happened with Ultrahold. I only used to clean it every once in a 4 days (maybe). But Ghost Bond seems to seep down a lot quicker than Ultrahold (being water based rather than acrylic maybe), so yeah, this is a big downside to Ghost Bond. Can't reveal your forehead much. First 1 hour of attachment it looks perfect, but then again, it seeps down.

I'm thinkin of using it on the sides, and keep using Ultrahold for the front bit. :/ dammit.

Ultrahold wins.

stats:
Stronger bond, No messy forehead (sort of).
01-17-2011, 10:48 AM,
Regarding the dirty front, are you using your hands/fingers to push down or a comb? Your own oils can be attached perhaps to the front and end up looking dirty? Just a thought...
01-18-2011, 06:51 AM,
(01-17-2011, 10:48 AM)FreshHair Wrote: Regarding the dirty front, are you using your hands/fingers to push down or a comb? Your own oils can be attached perhaps to the front and end up looking dirty? Just a thought...

I'm using my fingers, but dirt only shows up after about 5 hours when it's drying. don't know, maybe i'm doing something wrong but i like Ultrahold better. I'm tempted to use Ghost Bond and use only the very last 5mm with Ultrahold, just to seal the Ghost Bond. Just an idea that has popped up right now.

I'd be using 3 kinds of adhesion at one go lol
Supertape, Ghost Bond and Ultrahold (as a sealer).
01-18-2011, 07:21 AM,
(01-18-2011, 06:51 AM)mrjoejohn Wrote:
(01-17-2011, 10:48 AM)FreshHair Wrote: Regarding the dirty front, are you using your hands/fingers to push down or a comb? Your own oils can be attached perhaps to the front and end up looking dirty? Just a thought...

I'm using my fingers, but dirt only shows up after about 5 hours when it's drying. don't know, maybe i'm doing something wrong but i like Ultrahold better. I'm tempted to use Ghost Bond and use only the very last 5mm with Ultrahold, just to seal the Ghost Bond. Just an idea that has popped up right now.

I'd be using 3 kinds of adhesion at one go lol
Supertape, Ghost Bond and Ultrahold (as a sealer).

How can u like ultra hold? Indeed it is the strongest glue out there.
But I don't think the cleanup and even the application are very forgiving.
The Ghost Bond is almost as strong. Cleanup after 1 or more weeks is minimal. Applying it is quick.
The GB does not give me dirty hairline either.
Shake the bottle before you use btw.
Right now I'm using tape for the front and because my piece has more density (medium/light) I can get away with it. I also comb it forward with a side part. It's fine. Easy to clean etc. Even tape collects some dirt. It takes 30 seconds to wipe it gently with some alcohol np.

The section of lace that tends to lift first for me is the back. GB is stronger than tape for me in that area.
My 2 cents.
01-19-2011, 08:46 AM,
yepp same here, first area to lift is the back side. i think it may be because i sleep on it. never tried glue anywhere else but the front... but today i'm gonna give it a shot, a full glue perimeter. we'll see how it goes. i hate it that i have a perfect attachment everywhere except the back side. tbh i still haven't perfected the shaving-my-hair bit. so i think i might be leaving the bit extra hair and the piece attached over it ... which obviously, explains the lift.
01-19-2011, 07:11 PM,
I have been bonded with Ghost Bond for a week now and it still looks great and I have no 'dirty forehead' issues. I've had to do very minor touch ups twice, but nothing major. Like 20 seconds max. One thing I did notice was that from reading about Ghost Bond, it is very important to apply the right amount of coats and let each dry the way it was intended. What they want you to do it apply a coat then let it go clear, then apply the next coat. When you have the proper amount of coats they want you to let it sit for 7 minutes. I followed to the letter and my results have been good.