Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back again and Reviewing: Ghost Bond vs UltraHold
01-10-2011, 01:17 AM,
Back again and Reviewing: Ghost Bond vs UltraHold
Hope you all had a good new year and keeping up well! I see toplace has changed the picture of the main website Smile). Is that John himself? Smile

As you may have noticed, my presence on the forum is irregular. That's cause as much as possible, I try to keep my mind clear from thinking about hair systems and try to live a happy life. I've come to a point where I don't think I need much advice, I'm over the learning curve so to speak. But don't worry, you're still on my mind and when I have discovered something good or worthy of a share, I'll come posting my 5000 word advice lol. Smile

As I had promised, my feedback on Ghost Bond.

Have just received it and I tried it out (only an hour ago) so isn't gonna be a full review.

I noticed it is a lot less messy than UltraHold, but in a way, this was to be expected since it is a white glue and not acrylic. It seems softer, I mean, I thought while I was applying it, it was safer to the scalp. What I hate about white glues, and Ghost Bond is that I don't have the patience to wait for it to turn clear... so I made that mistake again. But, so far...

a) I was impressed with the immediate bond (kinda strong like Ultrahold).
b) I was impressed that when I needed to do the cleaning of excess glue, it went off in no time with just a cotton bud and some virgin oil. With Ultrahold, it used to take me a good couple of minutes and sometimes frustration builds up.
c) I was also impressed with the hairline. I mean, since it is softer (and pardon my English not being so good), I couldn't feel where the base starts. Ultrahold did an excellent job on this as well but since it was very messy and very strong, you'll get a tacky 2/ 3 mm on the forehead just infront of the hairline.

All in all, I think it has lived up to my expectations brilliantly so far. But I'll come back and update this as I monitor the progress.

I am looking forward to judge it's durability in the long run, how easy/difficult it is to clean it up, and the frequency of touch ups.

I am not particularly a big fan of white glues but this one seems to be changing my opinion, it's only premature talk though... so I won't get my hopes up too high just yet.

To note also is that I was very happy with Ultrahold (bar the cleaning process but I didn't bother as long as the bond was extra strong). So if Ghost bond can do just that and have an easy cleaning process, then I'm over the moon.

PS. Thanks to the poster (forgot the name sorry, but Balmouti maybe?) who recommended GhostBond.

I am just now checking the Ghost Bond website: http://www.prohairlabs.com and it is a very fresh looking website, looks genuine, clean and professional... and they have a bunch of products I might want to try out. hmm...
01-10-2011, 02:06 AM,
RE: Back again and Reviewing: Ghost Bond vs UltraHold
(01-10-2011, 01:17 AM)mrjoejohn Wrote: Hope you all had a good new year and keeping up well! I see toplace has changed the picture of the main website Smile). Is that John himself? Smile

As you may have noticed, my presence on the forum is irregular. That's cause as much as possible, I try to keep my mind clear from thinking about hair systems and try to live a happy life. I've come to a point where I don't think I need much advice, I'm over the learning curve so to speak. But don't worry, you're still on my mind and when I have discovered something good or worthy of a share, I'll come posting my 5000 word advice lol. Smile

As I had promised, my feedback on Ghost Bond.

Have just received it and I tried it out (only an hour ago) so isn't gonna be a full review.

I noticed it is a lot less messy than UltraHold, but in a way, this was to be expected since it is a white glue and not acrylic. It seems softer, I mean, I thought while I was applying it, it was safer to the scalp. What I hate about white glues, and Ghost Bond is that I don't have the patience to wait for it to turn clear... so I made that mistake again. But, so far...

a) I was impressed with the immediate bond (kinda strong like Ultrahold).
b) I was impressed that when I needed to do the cleaning of excess glue, it went off in no time with just a cotton bud and some virgin oil. With Ultrahold, it used to take me a good couple of minutes and sometimes frustration builds up.
c) I was also impressed with the hairline. I mean, since it is softer (and pardon my English not being so good), I couldn't feel where the base starts. Ultrahold did an excellent job on this as well but since it was very messy and very strong, you'll get a tacky 2/ 3 mm on the forehead just infront of the hairline.

All in all, I think it has lived up to my expectations brilliantly so far. But I'll come back and update this as I monitor the progress.

I am looking forward to judge it's durability in the long run, how easy/difficult it is to clean it up, and the frequency of touch ups.

I am not particularly a big fan of white glues but this one seems to be changing my opinion, it's only premature talk though... so I won't get my hopes up too high just yet.

To note also is that I was very happy with Ultrahold (bar the cleaning process but I didn't bother as long as the bond was extra strong). So if Ghost bond can do just that and have an easy cleaning process, then I'm over the moon.

PS. Thanks to the poster (forgot the name sorry, but Balmouti maybe?) who recommended GhostBond.

I am just now checking the Ghost Bond website: http://www.prohairlabs.com and it is a very fresh looking website, looks genuine, clean and professional... and they have a bunch of products I might want to try out. hmm...
thanks! keep us posted with further impressions...
btw are you ghost bond users getting irritations on skin because of using this product? thanks!
01-10-2011, 08:55 AM,
only bein using it for 5 hrs lol
but hopefully not, doesnt seem too harsh for the scalp, well, certainly not as strong as ultrahold.

i'll keep you posted.
01-10-2011, 09:34 AM,
Hi mrjoejohn....thought I hadn`t seen you on for a while, so good to see you again. Thanks for the link etc. --will have a look. I think you`re well into the `game`now, and glad it`s all going well..keep in touch... Paul.
01-10-2011, 11:00 AM,
My first system should show up for me Tuesday from Debbie. I chose to start with Ghost Bond and this thread brought up a question. When first applying, are you supposed to apply the Ghost Bond and let it dry until clear before putting the system on?
01-10-2011, 11:02 PM,
on the Ghost Bond bottle, there's written : instructions on how to apply are on the website (which i posted).

yes, you apply one layer, let it turn clear, apply a second layer, and wait for it to turn clear, apply a third layer ... etc etc. it says up to 5/6 layers to have a veryyyy strong bond, but i couldn't be asked to wait that long (i'm inpatient) so only 2 layers for me. still very strong. also, don't apply on the lace. apply directly on the scalp. keep your hair away with a hair band. it's not rocket science really, you'll get the hang of it.

good luck. Smile
01-11-2011, 07:51 AM,
(01-10-2011, 11:02 PM)mrjoejohn Wrote: on the Ghost Bond bottle, there's written : instructions on how to apply are on the website (which i posted).

yes, you apply one layer, let it turn clear, apply a second layer, and wait for it to turn clear, apply a third layer ... etc etc. it says up to 5/6 layers to have a veryyyy strong bond, but i couldn't be asked to wait that long (i'm inpatient) so only 2 layers for me. still very strong. also, don't apply on the lace. apply directly on the scalp. keep your hair away with a hair band. it's not rocket science really, you'll get the hang of it.

good luck. Smile

Got it. Should I still spray something like alcohol over the Ghost Bond after that to give me some time to adjust the system into its proper spot until the alcohol evaporates? If I just have to get it perfect right away, thats a bit nerve racking for a first time system wearer.
01-11-2011, 08:27 AM,
i've never done that to be honest.

but i see your concerns cause i had the same when i started. i used to be nervous when putting it on, not comfortable, and sometimes i put it on crooked and had to take it off and do it all over again. which is a big pain in the ass cause it takes twice the amount of time. thank god, there wouldn't be much mess cause the tape isn't gonna get messy after the first day. but yeah, i suppose, for a starter, it might be a good idea to apply some spray before attaching that allows you to adjust your system properly before it gets really tight.

however, you should have gained enough experience and practice after your first bottle, so you wouldn't need to buy a second bottle i suppose.

at the moment, my base is a mix of SFS and French Lace. I'm going all SFS on my next one, so that might be slightly more challenging (SFS being lighter and less rigid). but should be fine, no major concerns really.
01-11-2011, 09:16 AM,
Biltmore602---what base material have you ordered? All Swiss lace or a combination of materials?
01-11-2011, 09:22 AM,
(01-11-2011, 09:16 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Biltmore602---what base material have you ordered? All Swiss lace or a combination of materials?

All Swiss lace