Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hair colour dye for 1b hair?
01-07-2011, 11:35 PM,
Hair colour dye for 1b hair?
I'm thinking about dying my hair and piece hair the same colour, to reduce any inconsistencies.

Can you recommend something I can find in the uk?

Thanks.
01-08-2011, 12:00 AM,
RE: Hair colour dye for 1b hair?
Hello there Henry -- good news for you....the product you are looking for [and recommended here by Toplace] is ``Back2natural`` colour restorer/conditioner. It will be faster for you to order it from the UK supplier [I went to order it from the USA supplier, and they advised me of the UK site ] So what you need to do is go to http://www.myhairdirect.com, click on the ``online shop`` link, then click ``Shampoo and conditioner``...down the page you`ll see the Back2natural product.... you need the `Dark natural ash brown`bottle for your 1b system..it`s a good product.... have a look at their ``Enhance`` leave-in conditioner [with sunscreen built in] as it`s for daily use ---it`s in the tall green bottle...it`s really really good... I`m going to post a pic of it here shortly ... otherwise just go onto the site there guys and have a look...best wishes ... Paul.
01-08-2011, 03:58 AM,
This is a great idea. Will this colour my own grey hair? (which are very few just above my ears)
01-08-2011, 05:07 AM,
I have the odd little grey hair around the sideburn area/ just above the ears.. I find they can be `stubborn`.... I just mix a little of my normal chemical-based hair colour and just draw it through/onto the grey specifically, ..the Back2natural is kind to your hair, especially the system hair, and gives a seamless blend [colour-wise] between your own and system in the event of a colour lift/change. This is inevitable as your system ages and from washings/UV-exposure etc.
Grey hair tends to be resistant. The Back2natural is very easy to use and good for the hair too.Hope that helps.. Paul.
ps.. I do my colouring with the system de-bonded... I can see my growing hair better that way.
01-09-2011, 12:12 PM,
Cheers for the replies. I've tried backtonatural, its good for keeping the red tones out.

But I'm looking for a hair dye that I can use on both piece and my own hair to get a good match for 1b, something like just for men etc. I've never used a hair dye before, so I don't know where to start.
01-09-2011, 10:07 PM,
Hi again....Ok, this is the tip I got from the Salon I used to buy from, in Dublin [ I live 160 Miles from it near Cork city, so when I had colour-matching issues, in between visits, I needed to be able to do it myself] System hair [normally] is chemically treated at the factory, and the outer layer/skin [can`t think of the exact word] is stripped off [ In the case of Toplace hair this may not be the case....maybe John will enlighten us ! ] but a lot of places do `treat`the hair before venting into the bases.... if you apply colouring products to it, it tends to really `grab`the colour deeply so you shouldn`t leave it on for more than 2 or 3 minutes at most or it will go too deep/dark, whereas your growing hair takes longer to absorb colour as it still has this outer [resistant] layer so you need to leave it in for about 15 minutes or so to get the same depth of colour...... system hair tends to be dryer than growing hair obviously, so even if it hasn`t been chemically treated at the factory, it will still `grab`the colour more quickly than growing. If you want to use something stronger than Back2natural, such as normal colouring products used in Salons, bear those points in mind. I just bought a tube of Black and a bottle of Creme Peroxide, mixed them into a paste and applied carefully while wearing rubber gloves....I have also applied using a comb... my own hair is pretty thin so simply back-combing the colour in, is easy.... I have applied it to system hair too [not my present system] mostly around the perimeter [for a good blend with the growing] and more sparingly in the middle...the trick is not to leave it in long and try to keep it off the base material if at all possible or it will stain it and be noticeable... rinse it off by allowing water run through the base onto/down the hair by holding it upside down under the running water.... hope that`s of interest. Finally I think the Toplace systems are made from `Remy`human hair which is not chemically treated and is the nicest hair..keeps a nice texture...John can tell us anyway, just as a matter of interest... Paul.