Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Packing Tape...great way to make a template
01-07-2011, 05:32 PM,
Packing Tape...great way to make a template
I know, I know, you all have been through the Saran wrap template making routine right? You are in the salon chair and trying not to feel weird (good Lordy if any friend or relative could see me now) as the plastic wrap is pulled over your bald head and tied in a knot like a rain bonett. Then the dozens of layers of transparent tape...then, 20 minutes later you have a shrinking mass of tape that is supposed to be a template of your head...

you can make a better template at home using duct tape or packing tape. clean your head with alcohol after shaving your balding area and start laying down strips of packing tape or duct tape until you have about 3 layers then peel off the template and use transparent tape or other type of clear tape to line the "sticky" underside of the template and then trim with scissors. you can the place on your head and make fine adjustments with addition of more tape or just trimming alone. This is a nice rigid template and only takes 20 min to create and can be folded and sent to John in envelope. GEL

[Image: IMG_0023.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0022.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0021.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0014-2.jpg]