Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about the transition from real hair to wearing?
01-06-2011, 07:02 PM,
Question about the transition from real hair to wearing?
Hi, Im a college student with diffuse thinning hair and I want to be able to make a smooth quick transition from my real hair to wearing a topper or full cap. Right now my hair is kind of long. Its similar to Ashton Kutcher's shaggy hair from "that 70s show". I would like to keep this style with the wig, at least until I get the hang of everything.

So my question is it possible to keep my real hair up until the point I receive the wig in the mail and then just switch my "hair" over night?

Is it possible to make a template with my hair being so long?
01-06-2011, 10:29 PM,
RE: Question about the transition from real hair to wearing?
Howdy baldingsucks... can you post a pic? There`s no need to shave anything off until your system arrives..... everyone makes their template without shaving/cutting their thin area....just have a look at the Tutorials and there are videos on Youtube --just mark where you want your new hair to sit... if you`re going to wear it long, it should be easy enough to integrate long hair into your own ..again a pic would be great if you can ! Paul.
01-07-2011, 07:14 PM,
I'd rather not post my picture (paranoid), but my hair looks about as dense or maybe less as the one attached to this post. My hair length stops at the bottom of my ears.

I looked through this site, and I didn't see any how-to's for making templates when the customer still has hair.

Attached Files Image(s)

01-07-2011, 07:55 PM,
Honest opinion.. if you have that density, I wouldn`t consider wearing just now ..you still have a way to go...understand you`re noticing thinning and are sensitive to it, but it`s still too early for you.... if you can post a pic, just blank out the face/eye part....just show the crown area..that`s all we need to see..even from the forehead up will do, if you still feel that you want to wear. Cheers, Paul.
01-10-2011, 11:48 AM,
Longer, "shaggy" hairstyles are super easy to pull off with a partial or a full cap. You really can't pick an easier style to get started with. Once you get some experience it will be much easier to eventually pull off a shorter style.
01-10-2011, 04:51 PM,
(01-07-2011, 07:55 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Honest opinion.. if you have that density, I wouldn`t consider wearing just now ..you still have a way to go...understand you`re noticing thinning and are sensitive to it, but it`s still too early for you.... if you can post a pic, just blank out the face/eye part....just show the crown area..that`s all we need to see..even from the forehead up will do, if you still feel that you want to wear. Cheers, Paul.

I meant to say that the hair density on the top of my head is as dense as his frontal portion/hairline area. Sorry for the confusion. Would using the saran wrap method to make a template work for me, even though my hair is fairly long?

JRob, I have actually been following you for a while. I remember you said you were making a full cap tutorial dvd. Did you ever finish it?
01-10-2011, 08:52 PM,
Hi again.... moisten/mist your hair on the top [thinning area] and brush it back towards the crown-point in straight lines[that will help you see your thin area ]..then begin making your template as shown in the tutorials...the first sheet of wrap should be long enough to allow you tie it under your chin just to prevent it slipping about...it really doesn`t have to be spot -on to the nearest millimeter...just try to get a `good` impression of the thin area .... as JRob said there, you`re going to wear a long-ish `shaggy`style.... it will be SO easy to blend that in with your own....just use your best judgement in making a template..it might take you 2 or 3 attempts before you`re satisfied..just be patient, as it`s all part of the learning curve into the world of wearing. The main objective of the Template is to take on the contour of your head, and to illustrate the area to be covered....give it a go and see how you get on! Paul.
01-11-2011, 09:24 AM,
(01-10-2011, 04:51 PM)baldingsucks Wrote: JRob, I have actually been following you for a while. I remember you said you were making a full cap tutorial dvd. Did you ever finish it?

I know I have been saying this for awhile now, but yes, it is almost finished! I have an appointment tomorrow with the editor to make final revisions.

It is still going to take some time to get the DVD itself finalized, but I should have the downloadable version ready within the next few weeks. We are planning on having the full version available for download along with individual chapters for folks who are looking for specific information.
01-11-2011, 05:49 PM,
Thanks for the help guys, Ill give that saran method a shot within the next couple of months.

and another question: does my skin color matter when ordering? I ask because I am of middle eastern descent, so my skin has a brownish tint to it. Ive seen the lace of a wig before and its pretty white, and when I held up it against my forearm, the lace was clearly visible. Is there a remedy to this?
01-11-2011, 08:25 PM,
The lace is not white on Toplace systems... this point was raised a while back.... it`s a kind of neutral colour at first and gradually takes on a darkish sandy colour in use, from sweat, oils etc.
You should have no worries .. I`ve seen pics here of very dark-skinned wearers, and it`s not an issue.