Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lower density piece
09-18-2009, 01:10 PM,
lower density piece
I had a piece about two years ago,it yas prety cool 65% sfs stock piece ,wore for about 8 months and then stoped for a bit.I used st 30 all around got it down to 30 min with cleaning up and retaping my piece .With 65%density was enough to hide the tape but i did not like the piece that thick for me so i will try 45% sfs this time.My ? is if you wear a low density sfs then you might know what type of glue or tape is best for exposed front hair line with no shine what products do you have luck with im looking for maybe 4to5 day hold any info yould be greatly apreciated .I would prefer to use tape over glue is this possible with this low density?, There was or maybe still is a toplace customer( melon )i think that wore a piece 45/50% density i dont know what products he used so any help yould be great ......
09-20-2009, 04:40 PM,
Re: lower density piece
I guess from the lack of responses no one wears lower density pieces, no harm in asking ........
09-21-2009, 12:05 AM,
PGS,
I wear a 45-50% density unit with a body wave. And I rotate between all the bases both skin and lace. I use Walker No Shine tape all around and touch up with I Glue or Base Bond. I expose a corner of my hairline as my hair 'breaks' on the left side. Since I wear my hair at medium length (3-4 inches) the 45-50% density doesn't seem thin. People that wear a shorter style would probably go with a little heavier density since they wouldn't have the benefit of the length and wave that adds fullness.
Regards,
John
09-21-2009, 02:42 AM,
I also wear about 55% and my hair is about 2-3 inches long, doesn't look thin and looks very natural.
09-21-2009, 01:44 PM,
Thank you John & AAA Nice to hear that you guys can pull of the lower density .
09-25-2009, 04:33 AM,
I just got my first custom & @ 55%, it seems like ALLOT of density!! My stocks that I sent back to have the density dropped on, from about 65% to high 40's to 50%, were cool, but the full perimeter Walker tape attachment would sometimes be visable on the sides, if hair wasn't positioned. You can go low down the middle, but if you're going all tape, I'd stay at 55% density on the sides & back. No issues in showing Walker @ hairline, and even better since I went French to SFS.
You can also search my photos for how it looks