Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What makes a peice real or awful?
01-07-2011, 12:13 PM,
RE: What makes a peice real or awful?
(01-07-2011, 09:30 AM)andrei_eremenko Wrote: reading this thread as a newbie it looks like it will be an endless hassle to receive a good system...so maybe it won't worth the effort in trying to fix the problem with hair...maybe the expensive systems are better...don't know...

wtf are you talking about? The expensive systems are just that expensive!! There is no difference, the only difference is you will be much lighter in the wallet when you leave with the so called (expensive system).
01-07-2011, 12:20 PM,
(01-07-2011, 09:30 AM)andrei_eremenko Wrote: reading this thread as a newbie it looks like it will be an endless hassle to receive a good system...so maybe it won't worth the effort in trying to fix the problem with hair...maybe the expensive systems are better...don't know...

Ya Andrei, you have misunderstood somewhat. Many of the things people are talking about here are also the frustrations they faced before Toplace. Hence their appreciation of the products. I have done tons of research, and Toplace, by far is the best reviewed of all the system options. The 'expensive' options as you refer to them, are no different than Toplace other than price, but most of the time the customer service is horrific. There are many forums where people discuss and review systems and clubs, and I actually found Toplace from the glowing reviews in another forum.
01-07-2011, 12:39 PM,
ya maybe you are right...but reading about all those issues that jeffyx has mentioned it looks almost impossible to have a perfect piece...in my opinion the main issue is that crown that looks so fake sometimes...the swirl placed in a bad position and looking like a doll head...yaik...it is awfull sometimes...maybe it is better to have no swirl and just to create one by yourself combing and trying to train the hair in the right directions...
01-07-2011, 02:48 PM,
(01-07-2011, 12:39 PM)andrei_eremenko Wrote: ya maybe you are right...but reading about all those issues that jeffyx has mentioned it looks almost impossible to have a perfect piece...in my opinion the main issue is that crown that looks so fake sometimes...the swirl placed in a bad position and looking like a doll head...yaik...it is awfull sometimes...maybe it is better to have no swirl and just to create one by yourself combing and trying to train the hair in the right directions...

Thats what I do now, order no swirl...but with stock pieces you will get a swirl always. These are just my opinions as a guy that has been wearing since age 23 and now 44. When I started wearing 20+ years ago I had no idea what was up except it cost about 800$ each time I got a piece and I was under the mercy of the salon guy or gal to make it all happen. I used to get so upset if I bought a new piece and the cut in was bad...sick feeling like you didn't want to look in the mirror at the salon. Then, one day about 9 years ago I had such a crappy attachment at a salon that the piece started to com off right away and I was so scared what to do...well, i removed the piece and tape and for the first time, bonded it myself with mirrors in my bathroom and I have never gone to a salon since. I found Toplace in 2003 while searching the net to see if Hair Direct was a good company because I just signed up with them for 12 pieces a year!! They are a good company but I found Toplace's forum and started reading all the posts and that's where I come from. The things I mentioned as far as what makes a bad piece are just a few personal peaves I have. I can make just about any piece work but I am always striving to get and wear the best, why wouldn't I. For any beginners, it's ok to start with a salon cut and service but the sooner you learn this stuff on your own the more secure you will be. GEL
01-07-2011, 08:12 PM,
Hi jeffsxyz ... you know, if you hadn`t gotten such crap service from the salon, and were literally driven to do that re-bond your self, you`d probably be still in their clutches, and like many people [I was the same] wary or afraid of the `` unknown``..... life itself isn`t perfect, so likewise, every system will not be perfect.... but as long as it`s within reasonable limits, it`s fine. Really lovely job there on the pics you posted [on your other posts this morning]...they should give anyone the courage to initially begin to wear, and maybe in time and with a bit of confidence, to try their own blend -in, as you really have done a smashing job there with yours...regards, Paul.
01-10-2011, 11:42 AM,
For a full cap the ventilation on the sides and temples is what usually makes or breaks a unit. I have learned how to correct this problem using perming solution, so I would rather have to deal with ventilation issues rather than problems.