Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New user need help please! New photos!
01-02-2011, 07:10 PM,
RE: New user need help please! New photos!
Uploaded new photos. Would like some opinions please
01-02-2011, 08:56 PM,
I agree with snell..... going full cap is not really a good idea for a total newbie.. my own sides and back are not great , but I can still pull a topper off. I`ve been considering full cap or a 3/4 topper .... you`re younger than me, so I can only assume, without seeing a pic of you, that your remaining hair is thicker than mine [ though obviously it actually may not be if your thinning was severe ]. Going full cap is best done after getting used to a topper first.... you need to get used to bonding and clean -ups and how to style your hair etc...fullcap is a bigger step.... I wouldn`t recommend it for a `new`person. As I already said, if you`re going to wear that long style, your sides and back will be all but unseen under that length of hair, so it`s more or less a non-issue for you. You say you uploaded new photos...sorry but they`re not here ????? Paul.
01-02-2011, 09:07 PM,
Their on the first page with the image of the hairstyle I wanted.
01-02-2011, 09:41 PM,
you seem to have pretty good coverage apart from the crown.
when you first start wearing youre pretty terrified to touch the lace, or explore the system
becasuse its foreign, new, unfamiliar,iv been wearing for 10 weeks.
i can tell you that you get used to it pretty quickly.
i dont need my hair salon, i can do my own bonding, de bonding,frontal touch ups.
washing,cleaning.and im sure like many here you will follow.
and be proficient. in no time,
just be carefull with glue, because it can be a pain, to clean up ect.
but if you follow the advice on here, aswell as watching u tube tutorial videos,
you wont go far wrong.
regards anty Smile
01-02-2011, 09:50 PM,
So anty wat do you recommend? I mean my temples are thinning and my sides are too?
01-02-2011, 10:28 PM,
Hi loadingNOW... my apologies--I just went straight to page 3 here... I see what you mean ..could you post one of the back of the head/nape area ? I think you`ll have to go for a 3/4 size for now, and further down the road, a full-cap is probably your best bet as the thinning is strong..funny thing is ..you have a really `strong`outline of your front hairline there... there`s no way that you could `blend`onto your remaining hair --it`s short and very `tight`to the head unless you would consider an `island` system like Reubin wears..there are pics of him here if you do a search ..his looks brilliant. It might be worth your while considering that style as an alternative to your original style.... do you actually want to wear long hair ? If you do and that`s your preferred style, well a 3/4 for now with a nice length to it will hide/ cover your own hair...... the main `issue`with full caps can be the nape area where the skin is constantly moving and the system can de-bond but there are ways around that too.... JRob [the full-cap king] recommends keeping side-burns and facial hair to get a nice `blend`for a full cap too.... I really think an `island` system along the top of your head would look quite `classy`on you...you have good overall coverage..just that it`s thin, but the contrast between that and an Island on the top would look quite stylish ? Would you consider that ? Paul.
Ok --here are pics of Reubin wearing his I-lace `Island`system..isn`t it nice ? He cuts it in himself too. If you type his name into the search-bar, you`ll see his posts/pics and his specs... basically they are as follows : I-lace island with French lace perimeter, 1b colour, 67% density, freestyle, uses Ultrahold glue on the perimeter and `Walker no -shine `tape on the I-lace centre for extra hold in the middle there. Paul.

Attached Files Image(s)

01-03-2011, 05:36 PM,
Idk im not really into the spiked hair look. Id rather have the long hair look. So I could cover up the sides and the hairline. I think the real detectability of a hair piece lies in the hairline and the sides. Also the quality of the hair.
01-03-2011, 09:43 PM,
If you`re going for the long style as in the first 2 pics you posted, let your hair grow a bit especially at the sides and nape area..you`re keeping it almost shaved into the head at the moment. Also, Reubin has his spiked...you don`t have to spike it at all....you could wear an `island` but with the hair lying flatter .... choice is yours. I just suggested it to give you an option rather than `having` to wear long hair...obviously you may just happen to like long/er hair. Just one question ...at the back/nape, is your hair the same thinness all over your head, or a bit thicker at the back? If you could post a pic, I can `` lift``it off here, and draw a line where I think your template perimeter should be, and re -post it here, to give you a guide.Long-ish flowing hair like that[in the pics] will easily cover your sides/ back ..... it will, though, totally transform your look ..are you `prepared`for that ? People who know you will obviously immediately know you didn`t go from thin to full-head overnight by sprouting hair .. if you`re prepared for that, just go for it I say...it`s how you want to look and feelthat`s important, at the end of the day... Paul.
01-03-2011, 11:11 PM,
(01-03-2011, 09:43 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: If you`re going for the long style as in the first 2 pics you posted, let your hair grow a bit especially at the sides and nape area..you`re keeping it almost shaved into the head at the moment. Also, Reubin has his spiked...you don`t have to spike it at all....you could wear an `island` but with the hair lying flatter .... choice is yours. I just suggested it to give you an option rather than `having` to wear long hair...obviously you may just happen to like long/er hair. Just one question ...at the back/nape, is your hair the same thinness all over your head, or a bit thicker at the back? If you could post a pic, I can `` lift``it off here, and draw a line where I think your template perimeter should be, and re -post it here, to give you a guide.Long-ish flowing hair like that[in the pics] will easily cover your sides/ back ..... it will, though, totally transform your look ..are you `prepared`for that ? People who know you will obviously immediately know you didn`t go from thin to full-head overnight by sprouting hair .. if you`re prepared for that, just go for it I say...it`s how you want to look and feelthat`s important, at the end of the day... Paul.

its thinner on top and the sides. The nape area is the thickest. I don't know i think ill just tell them I got a hair transplant for 20k.
01-04-2011, 12:15 AM,
Ok ..my advice....... and please excuse the `shaky`line I`ve drawn..... do a template approximately as shown.... keep about half and inch inside where your hair is at the front as the line shows...just purely because you`re going to have long hair there, and you don`t want it down into your eyes..your natural hairline is very `forward` you know ? So ,probably have your system just a little bit back from the forehead to allow for the longer style, but follow the `shape` around ..... it won`t be exposed so it`s not really going to matter much....if you were going for short hair/exposed hairline, I`d say stick strictly to your existing hairline, but in this case, I`d say just a tiny bit back inside it would be best. Try to follow the line down to just above your side-burn area [allow them to grow too ] then follow around about half inch or so above the ears.....then a nice gentle /even curve around to the back to just above where your hair is reasonably thick. Let your hair grow out a bit too while you`re waiting for delivery of your system.... would you consider too, having the webcam consultation with Debbie ? She`s really good and you`ll get half an hour on a one-to-one ... for a young guy ,your thinning is fairly widespread, so you`ll have to go with a 3/4 size system ,which is one step away from full-cap really........ there`s not a lot to be able to `blend`in/onto, as I think that`s probably the most practical solution .. I`d go for French lace too --it`s sturdier than Swiss and will help you to get used to wearing... this game is not too difficult really, but I totally understand your anxieties..Paul.

Attached Files Image(s)