Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New user need help please! New photos!
12-31-2010, 05:17 PM,
New user need help please! New photos!
Ok so basically heres my story. I started balding at age 17 and my male pattern baldness is really aggressive. I am a nw5 at age 22 already. My hair was my life because I wasn't really born with good looks or great facial features. When I lost my hair, I was completely heartbroken and went into a deep depression. I lost all my confidence and self esteem became lazy. Stayed at home, stopped socializing with friends. Became a hermit as you can say. Gained weight and started doing bad in school. Completely stopped talking to the opposite sex because of my low self confidence. Now at age 23 I want to take control of my life. I don't want to wear a hat or a hood to cover up my baldness. I don't want to be self conscious about people if people think im balding.

So here I am here after failed attempts with propecia. So my crown is thinning and my sides are thinning too but the back of my head has alot of hair. What would be the best route to go? Also the most undetectable to the sight and touch. Any help is appreciated. This is the hair style I want too.

Attached Files Image(s)

12-31-2010, 07:40 PM,
RE: New user need help please!
Hi there loadingNOW..welcome to the forum and hopefully a happy new year as you leap into this world of wearing !! [ Happy new year to everyone on here too !!]
That style is simple to achieve.... just order a freestyle system with a high-ish density [you`re only 22 and can pull off a higher density along with that style too ! ] probably 65 % would be best.... or if ordering 2 systems, you could go 65% on one and 70% on the other and see which you prefer for subsequent orders. I`m sure you`ve read the many posts here regarding care of your hair, so you should get 6 months wear or higher if you treat your system well. The hairline will not be exposed, so you could go for French lace..a little `heavier`than Swiss, but harder -wearing....the Swiss really comes into it`s own for exposed hairlines as it`s practically invisible to the eye... it`s a matter of choice really.... again, you could order 1 system in Swiss and the 2nd in French and see how you get on/prefer.
Your story is totally understandable and real..hair loss is SUCH a big deal for most people, especially at your age.. it can be, literally, devastating on the self-esteem and confidence... I really reckon it`s not fully appreciated what affect it has on males [it`s mostly males who suffer it] but when something traumatic happens to young women and they turn into anorexics, they get all this help and sympathy/counselling etc [ no issue with that] but men are told to `get on with it`` or `` it runs in the family`` ... it has a deep affect on most young men who experience hair loss. I`m glad for you that you`ve now decided to start living again with confidence...you couldn`t be in a better place than here.....get your template made up and send it in to John and in no time you`ll be feeling great again !! Well -done man. Paul.
12-31-2010, 08:51 PM,
(12-31-2010, 07:40 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi there loadingNOW..welcome to the forum and hopefully a happy new year as you leap into this world of wearing !! [ Happy new year to everyone on here too !!]
That style is simple to achieve.... just order a freestyle system with a high-ish density [you`re only 22 and can pull off a higher density along with that style too ! ] probably 65 % would be best.... or if ordering 2 systems, you could go 65% on one and 70% on the other and see which you prefer for subsequent orders. I`m sure you`ve read the many posts here regarding care of your hair, so you should get 6 months wear or higher if you treat your system well. The hairline will not be exposed, so you could go for French lace..a little `heavier`than Swiss, but harder -wearing....the Swiss really comes into it`s own for exposed hairlines as it`s practically invisible to the eye... it`s a matter of choice really.... again, you could order 1 system in Swiss and the 2nd in French and see how you get on/prefer.
Your story is totally understandable and real..hair loss is SUCH a big deal for most people, especially at your age.. it can be, literally, devastating on the self-esteem and confidence... I really reckon it`s not fully appreciated what affect it has on males [it`s mostly males who suffer it] but when something traumatic happens to young women and they turn into anorexics, they get all this help and sympathy/counselling etc [ no issue with that] but men are told to `get on with it`` or `` it runs in the family`` ... it has a deep affect on most young men who experience hair loss. I`m glad for you that you`ve now decided to start living again with confidence...you couldn`t be in a better place than here.....get your template made up and send it in to John and in no time you`ll be feeling great again !! Well -done man. Paul.

John can you tell me what I should send in for my order? Also if im not satisfied can i get my money back?
12-31-2010, 09:24 PM,
Just advised you what to order ! The choice of materials [base] is up to you. Paul.
12-31-2010, 09:49 PM,
hi loading now.
i as can im sure many other users of the toplace forum second pauls advice.
heres some advice, well my hairdresser told me and shes a woman,commonsense really,
but if you dont want woman putting there fingers through youre hair , use gell or mouse, wax, mudd. on it.
they can see it has product applied and that in its self says no entry.
i regret i hadnt worn a few years earlier,
what probably held me back was the "outdated wigg attitude"
and you tend to want to hol;d onto what youve got,mentality.
i moved on from using concealers ,i'd came to the end of the road, and knew my only real choice was a hair system.
and im so so pleased i did,because when youre using concealer youre never really happy with what you see, Especially when you dont have enough density to keep up the illusion, but youre in denial,
with thease new , modern hair systems, you can nail the whole thing,
and wow the results are stunning,
i walk about now so confident,iv got better hair tha folk with there own hair.
and once where styling used to be a nightmare that would plunge me into deppresion,
stlying bonding de bonding,is a breeze,its a known entity.
and hey if i start losing my hair now, i buy another one.
no worrys as long as youve got a little money.
so to re capp! do it and start living,enjoying life.
dont forget you can search the forum for answers to youre questions.
regards
anty Smile
12-31-2010, 10:28 PM,
So should I buy a full cap or a top and two sides? Also im worried about the sides and the back I want the hairline to look natural. Does the hair come as long as I want in the picture? My sides are thin so I don't think ill do just a top piece. Is their any difference between a full cape and a top and sides?
12-31-2010, 10:45 PM,
The pics you posted show a style that is SO easy to copy, you don`t need to worry about your side hair etc....no-one will see it if you`re going to wear hair that length..... all Toplace hair comes with 6-inch hair length as standard.... longer lengths can be supplied at a slightly higher cost and you`d have to E-mail John at Toplace for details. In my opinion, the standard length will do you fine. If you are going to wear a shorter length than what those pics are showing, then it`s best to post a pic or two of your remaining hair for more accurate advice from the forum..... I`m doubtful you`d have to go full-cap from the start, but then again, I haven`t seen your remaining hair ..post a few pics if possible [you can blank out the eye area for your privacy] ..as Anty said there... you won`t regret making the move to wearing.... and I`m extremely doubtful you`ll be asking for your money back, but in the event that you`re not happy, John will look after you.....read through the many posts on here, especially the newer ones regarding `other`suppliers and how shoddy the products were and you`ll thank your stars you found Toplace !! Regards, Paul.
01-01-2011, 02:23 AM,
send john a picture of your real hairline to see if fullcap or just hairpeice, but a few comments. hair will help you rebuild your confidence, but it wont change your life unless you really want it to. at 23 you can get your life back with good hair and possitive attitude. be very patient till you are zoned in on color, denisity , attachment etc.one you are you will be set. dont worry about what others think as as you wear u will know you look good. this long style is so easy. i would wear it if i was not 48. i would as a first time wearer get the stronger base french. as it lasts longer and great for a newbee. best of luck in the newyear. and stay positive..hair will help with the boost, but u must do the rest by smiling , being happy. losing weight etc.
bobby /philly
01-01-2011, 12:51 PM,
Also in terms of realism, will the hair look natural? Any products I can use to give the hair look like it has life to it. Do I need to make a template? Also how long is the hair I posted in my picture. Do I need to shave my head also when I wear the hair piece? Can I work out and lift weights in my hair piece?
01-01-2011, 09:07 PM,
Read the thread down the page there entitled `` The gym`` .. plenty information there regarding weights/exercise etc.
If you want a system to fit your particular head-shape, you need to make a template, for a snug fit. Yes you will have to shave your thin/bald area to allow a proper bond between system and skin.. The hair-length in those pictures should be achievable with the standard 6-inch hair which each system is made with [unless you specify a different length].... if you have any doubts, just measure down from where your `good`hair is growing [i.e. that will be where the perimeter of the system will be sitting/attached] to whatever length you want your hair to be ....I`d imagine the standard 6 should do you, unless you intend wearing it shoulder-length ..... this `game`is actually quite easy..a few basic things to consider and off you go !
I`m not being flippant with you ..why wouldn`t the hair look natural ?? It`s real human hair after all.? The issue of various products/gels/conditioners have been well- aired on here lately ..just have a read through the posts down along the forum there.. there`s a wealth of information in them.. regards, Paul.