Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 week holiday in Australia next summer - advice needed for warm climate
12-23-2010, 08:44 PM,
3 week holiday in Australia next summer - advice needed for warm climate
Hi - I am heading to Australia next summer for 3 weeks - East coast starting end of July. I usually stick my lace front piece in the freezer for an hour and then use a microfibre towel to remove the tape from the lace. This won't be an option in Australia - is there anyway of cooling the tape on the lace without using a freezer or fridge? Any help greatly appreciated.

Best Wishes

Deano59
12-24-2010, 04:10 AM,
RE: 3 week holiday in Australia next summer - advice needed for warm climate
Hi Deano59..... I`ve never been to Australia, nor am I being flippant with you but while I know the continent has 4 different climates, in July it`s winter -time in the southern hemisphere, so it shouldn`t be unduly hot at the very least,so hopefully your bonds won`t become loose too soon.... I wonder if it would be possible to take one of those little ice-pack things that you leave in the freezer and then pop into cooler-bags for keeping food cool on picnics etc.... if you are staying in Hotels or other such places, you might be able to ask them to keep an ice-pack in their freezer for you overnight or while you are out and about by day.... in the evening you could then gently peel the system back and apply the pack to the bit you want to `treat`? Just a suggestion ..may not be practical.? Maybe you could try it at home and see if it works ? Paul.
12-24-2010, 05:19 AM,
Cheers Paul - I'll try that.

It will be about 28 degrees - a lot hotter than the UK.

Best Wishes

Deano
12-25-2010, 02:50 AM,
well i have been in fla and philippines, i am not sure what kind of hair unit you wear . but i have poly sides.
i wear blue lace tape on front and non residue tape on sides and back with 3/4 poly i have on unit...
goes like this 4 me.
clean head with 99%
attach tape to unit , blue tape in front.
after 3 days i only change the blue lace as the non residue will not break down as fast. use lace release on front . very little use of microfiber towel on front if you change every 3 days . u get lazy u get a mess...also a tooth brush with 99% acohal gets the lace clean if u make a mess...
#2 option is carry a spare unit the same specs . and swap the units fast and clean the old one and redo as needed. i have traved all over and been in the fla heat.
good luck
bob/philly
12-26-2010, 10:36 AM,
hearing all this stuff. I can't be happier that I recently moved from a VERY HOT place to a VERY COLD place some months ago, I mean at least to pass my NEWBIE stage on a cold country Big Grin.
Thanks dude, I'll write that info down
12-29-2010, 09:25 AM,
(12-24-2010, 05:19 AM)deano59 Wrote: Cheers Paul - I'll try that.

It will be about 28 degrees - a lot hotter than the UK.

Best Wishes

Deano

I was in Florida this past summer for a week, but I wear Ultra Hold with an all lace piece and the glue lasted over a week, I'm sure hotels will have ice, you could bring an ice bag or a plastic bag with you and fill that with ice and on another point I went through the new screening and I did not have any problems with someone pointing out that I was wearing a piece, they did check my right leg for some reason with a pat down