Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Informations
12-22-2010, 01:31 PM,
Need Informations
Hello from France!

I am a hairpiece wearer since one year who buy and maintain it in a salon. To be honnest I am mediumly satisfied about the quality of the hairpieces (in other hand I'm satisfy about my hairdresser!): I've tested the french lace base and an other base who is the same category than your TL700.
I am interested by 3 bases of your store: SFS, TL700 and ILace with sfs perimeter.
- how many times can I wear these diferent bases? (actually 4 months for french lace and 2 months for the "TL700";I go to the salon every 3-4 weeks for maintenance)
- with the sfs, the glue can pass trough the lace when I perspire? my hairdresser said me that and use tape+glue for the base with lace and I don't want use tape anymore coz it's to thick.
- how many times must I wait if I order from France?

Thanks in advance for your answers!
12-22-2010, 08:09 PM,
RE: Need Informations
Hello PipperStef, When you say ``How many times can I wear these different bases`` do you mean how long you will expect them to last before you need to order new ones ? I only have experience of wearing sfs bought from Toplace and I get 5/6 months at least.... I posted some pictures a few days ago as you will have seen and that system is 5 months old. The TL700 is probably going to last a lot longer than lace as it`s a thin type of Poly....that would be stronger than lace-- maybe a person who wears one can let us know what is the`life`of one. It depends a lot on how you treat you system.... a lot of swimming, for example, will mean a shorter `life`for a system, or a person working outside on a building site, with dust and exposure to the summer sun, will naturally shorten the life of any system, no matter who supplied you with it.
As for attachment materials[ glue & tapes] Glue will NOT pass through lace when you perspire....you apply glue to your scalp, allow it to go clear [`tacky`] and only then should you press your lace down onto it....the glue remains `set` and will not revert to a liquid form so no..it will not pass through the lace.The good thing about lace is it allows the scalp to `breathe` and sweat to evaporate....obviously the portion of scalp which has the glue and/or tape attached is not so well-able to breathe, hence the need to do a regular de-bond and clean, both of your scalp, and system, for hygiene if nothing else. I guess it`s possible if a wearer leaves a system bonded for weeks at a time, that the glue/tapes will begin to degrade and liquify so at that point, it can possibly seep through lace but doing a regular de-bond will avoid that possibility...... the delivery time is possibly 2 months in total from the time you post your template to America,it is shipped to china, your system/s are prepared and shipped back to Toplace and then back to you. Your second order will be faster as your details and template are on file. I haven`t worn ILace so cannot comment on it for you... hope some of that helps ---Paul.
12-22-2010, 10:34 PM,
Hello Paul and thank you for your answer.
I re-bond and clean every 3 weeks, rarely 4, in a professional salon, not too long for the glue?(I only talk about the fact that the glue can eventualy pass trough)
12-22-2010, 11:06 PM,
Depends on a few factors really --the actual glue itself, the weather [warm/cold etc.] your own body-chemistry and exposure to water [showering ] ....what type of system and glue are you wearing/using at the moment? I assume whatever glue you are using, is compatible with lace and if you are getting 3 weeks wear from your present bonds, the fact that you may choose to wear lace should not change that length of bond. Regards, Paul.
12-29-2010, 09:42 AM,
(12-22-2010, 10:34 PM)PipperStef Wrote: Hello Paul and thank you for your answer.
I re-bond and clean every 3 weeks, rarely 4, in a professional salon, not too long for the glue?(I only talk about the fact that the glue can eventualy pass trough)

I wear an all sfs lace with Glue Ultra Hold, Tape irritated my skin and the white glues only lasted 2 to 3 days at most, the Ultra Hold lasted on me for 2 weeks and one of those weeks was in the hot Florida sun and on a beach, there was a little seepage of glue at the temple area but not enough to ruin the effect , I will post a photo and a video later this week of the same piece which I have been wearing since my Florida trip in August , and I will show my technique of how I glue the piece and clean up