Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DONE with THE OTHER GUY FINALLY
12-28-2010, 09:25 PM,
RE: DONE with THE OTHER GUY FINALLY
yes jeffsxyz, the new one is hundred times better compared withe old korean.

Btw there is a other thing what i really really like @ Toplace. I ordered my first Stock Unit and 5 days later i got it and i live in germany. The same with the second piece. Thats a huge distance. It is really fantastic how fast they often are with stock pieces and i only used the normal post way and not the emergancy way.

Smile
12-29-2010, 01:52 AM,
I have had the same experiences as Jeff has had. I've had 3 Korean pieces that did not meet my all my specs. I may be ordering from here soon. The best pieces I ordered were when Toplace first opened up 6 or 7 years ago.
12-29-2010, 08:52 AM,
(12-22-2010, 05:32 AM)AAA Wrote: Bobby, I remember you a few years ago at his place. Where have you been? Looks like the other guy has lost many original customers. He might lose me soon as I have not been impressed with the Korean pieces. I won't tell you who I am as I still have some pending orders with him, but I can say that I've had 3 pieces that have not come back with proper specs.

Hi AAA , I was at that convention at Gary Cross 's "rented" (inside joke) home
(12-28-2010, 05:39 PM)bobbyphilly Wrote: mike mc. is a good friend of mine and a real stand up guy, thanks mike for saying the words that need to be said, mike surrounds himself with quality people . so with john all will be real and nice.when i first meant mike we chatted on phone years ago. he said as owner of toplace back then as i was wearing hcm. bob i can get you 2 units for $310 and if you dont like them i will give you your cash back..haha . my first units came with tape lace releace etc..my buddy mike...none better..good post mike as many guys dont really understand who u are and u are not owner now and john is..the older guy is across the boarder ..stuck at customs..haha wake up bob its a dream . but??
bobby/philly

Thanks Bob, I used to go to the dollar store and include a brush, now it is hard to get those brushes for a dollar, I have been ripped off by hair companies and ripped off by people who I thought were my friends, live and learn
12-29-2010, 11:05 AM,
Jeffsxyz, it doesn't matter where you got the "good" unit, you are truly an artist with the clippers. Cutting and blending like that is phenomenal. Glad you posted those pics on this forum. It is an inspiration for older wearers as myself and nubes alike.
12-29-2010, 12:02 PM,
(12-28-2010, 05:11 PM)JRob Wrote: Jeff, Bobby, Mike, good to see you guys are still around!

Jrob it is good to hear from you, I took the plunge and went total full head piece all sfs, best thing I ever did, I'm asking Dino to take some photos and make a video take care and a Happy New Year
12-29-2010, 05:39 PM,
(12-29-2010, 12:02 PM)MikeMcMahon Wrote: Jrob it is good to hear from you, I took the plunge and went total full head piece all sfs, best thing I ever did, I'm asking Dino to take some photos and make a video take care and a Happy New Year

That's awesome Mike. Dino mentioned that you had switched to a full cap and were pretty happy.

My business partner and I will be up your way around the 27th of next month. Gonna meet up with Dino for a drink later in the evening if you are interested in joining us.
12-29-2010, 10:56 PM,
(12-29-2010, 05:39 PM)JRob Wrote:
(12-29-2010, 12:02 PM)MikeMcMahon Wrote: Jrob it is good to hear from you, I took the plunge and went total full head piece all sfs, best thing I ever did, I'm asking Dino to take some photos and make a video take care and a Happy New Year

That's awesome Mike. Dino mentioned that you had switched to a full cap and were pretty happy.

My business partner and I will be up your way around the 27th of next month. Gonna meet up with Dino for a drink later in the evening if you are interested in joining us.

Don't wanna stir the pot but oh well. . .
ordered 2 pieces from "the othere place"
It took 5-6 months.
The lace. So thick I can swat flies with it.
The color. Red. . .I ordered dark brown.
Light density. I got thick hair more than elvis.
Body wave. Straight as can be.
I tried to wear it. . .It feels like a have a hat.

Toplace, if I mail them to you could you set me up with 2 customs?
12-29-2010, 11:17 PM,
You`d need to e mail John directly balamouti...... regards, Paul.
12-30-2010, 06:58 AM,
Hi Balmouti,
I can give you one free custom piece in exchange for the Korean unit. I would have to charge to the other custom unit. If the size of the Korean is correct we could use that as a template--if not I suggest making a new template. And of course the color is all wrong on the Korean piece so we'd need a new hair sample. I call you when the order is received and we can go through the deails like density, wave, etc. Thanks and welcome back to Toplace!
Regards,
John
01-03-2011, 08:23 PM,
Jeffsxyz, great pix as always and great info!
Boy can I relate. My "custom" was ordered in June and I got it a week ago. First blaming his 80 year old dad for forgetting to send it then his "niece" messed up the postage then he had to get another from "the korean". Not to mention it is wrong...shocker!! and the hair quality is total crap. Good job teacher. Endless excuses and no product. I have been translating for him for free- mind you- no problem keeps me on my toes languages wise. But you would think I could at least get a piece on time. I told BA to take off the translation address from the home page and that I am not up for it anymore- I will not work with someone I can not trust. A person can only take so much bullshit. I have received so many emails from guys with a language problem and they are really pissed off with whats going on there.
He spends way too much time posting and not enough time working on the orders and product. Tooting your own horn is only going to go so far.