Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newness of Piece and Wiggy Look
09-19-2009, 03:25 AM,
Newness of Piece and Wiggy Look
How long after a new piece is cut-in does it take for the 'wiggy" look to subside? I understand using product helps, but on average, how long does it take to it to calm down and look more natural?

~E
09-19-2009, 03:54 AM,
Re: Newness of Piece and Wiggy Look
For me using products and shampooing and conditioning every day... probably 3 days at most. Usually by the 2nd or 3rd day its starting to tame down and become more manageable.
09-19-2009, 04:06 AM,
Depends on the density. I just put on a new one 2 weeks ago and it took about 10-12 days before I felt comfortable with it. Main cuz the density was a little more than I wanted. Had to take the thinning shears to it which you're not really suppose to do but I had no choice. Anyway it looks great now !
09-19-2009, 08:02 AM,
Takes just a week usually. My last piece was a lovely thick rug, and it looked extra super think for the first 12 or 13 days... I didn't care, it made for a nice change and these pieces look so real it doesn't ever look like a wig anyway

btw, I wash once per week.
09-19-2009, 10:04 AM,
Thanks for the responses guys. I am a first time wearer (day # 2). Yesterday, I was able to make it look decent with product. Today, it looks "off" to me. Looks fine in the front, but looks 'wiggy" in the back. Maybe it is just me being paranoid. Only one person has looked directly at my hair and said something (compliment about new hair style... the gel look from the product).

~E
09-20-2009, 03:39 AM,
Sometimes the back can be hard to style and work with. The back sometimes has more density from the factory. Don't ask me why. I'm guessing because of shedding when you sleep.

Just keep working with it and you will have it perfected!
09-20-2009, 09:05 AM,
You have to wash it a couple of times before it begins to settle. Until then, styling products are your best friend.