Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 years since I received my first piece!!
12-18-2010, 04:55 AM,
5 years since I received my first piece!!
Wow, how fast those years have gone! I can't believe I've been wearing hair five years, life has been really good since I got my hair Smile

Over the years, you may notice a few things occur as you become a long term wearer:
- The attachment time and detachment time gets very low
- The number of extra items you use in attach/detach greatly reduces
- You totally forget you are wearing a wig for the duration of attachment, almost straight after it is styled and attached (unless there is pop up) => zero paranoia
- You worry less and less about it coming off as a result of the above, and in my case, this makes me a little less cautious than is wise at times Wink
- You post less on forums because you are too busy enjoying your hair (sorry guys)!

Over here in Ireland, the cool weather means that the attachment is usually quite solid. So perhaps long-term wearing will be different in some countries that have a hotter climate.

Would any other long term wearers like to share their experience, and what things have they noticed within themselves over time?
By the way, I'll be spending 4 months in India this year for some travelling, and I think this will be quite an interesting challenge! I don't think I've ever even experiences anything above 30 degrees... eeek!

I don't want to shave my head, cos growing it back and merging it with the piece again would be tricky. Any good solutions? A hat?
12-18-2010, 06:36 AM,
RE: 5 years since I received my first piece!!
wow, you're going to india? what will you do about wearing? do you intend to keep on wearing or are you going to ditch it? this is really interesting to me because you see, that's one thing which bothers me about wearing. i kinda need my safe private place to wear. when going abroad, you never know what conditions you are going to meet. india isn't the most comfortable of countries to live in. what if you don't find a suitable private corner to do your proper attachment?

i've been abroad for a week and I almost went crazy since i didn't have all my 'tools'.

it sux that i feel i can't go too far from home for a long time.

please do share.

i've only been wearing since May, so maybe, I'm still paranoid cause i'm still a newbie. I usually wear a 3 week - 4 week attachments. I live in a very hot and humid climate myself (ok, not so much at the moment) but I've only experienced a major difference when I wore poly/skin systems. otherwise, you should be fine about the weather mate. Smile good luck and have heaps of fun!
12-18-2010, 07:41 AM,
Hey Mr. Burns, hard to believe that it's been five years, huh? I think we got started around the same time!
12-18-2010, 09:18 AM,
two months into a new way.a new life,
i can put a tick next to all of mr burns comments on wearing.
"bloody awsome, mindblowing"comming from concealers that wernt anymore,
im dealing with a known,amount of time, i know my style will work.
my washing routine works, bonding great.
cheaper than platic surgery,and wow the conveniance,
do it, i did,and hell...i dont regret it for a minute.
i feel a million follices, lol
anty Smile
12-18-2010, 10:48 AM,
(12-18-2010, 09:18 AM)antywanty Wrote: two months into a new way.a new life,
i can put a tick next to all of mr burns comments on wearing.
"bloody awsome, mindblowing"comming from concealers that wernt anymore,
im dealing with a known,amount of time, i know my style will work.
my washing routine works, bonding great.
cheaper than platic surgery,and wow the conveniance,
do it, i did,and hell...i dont regret it for a minute.
i feel a million follices, lol
anty Smile

I've also been wearing for 3 months. It's liberating.
One thing to not worry about. (hair loss)
I just need to loose weight now haha and look 15 years younger!
Mr. Burns being one of the protagonists in encouraging me to take the plunge. . .
It's so freightening at first. It took me 2 weeks to feel like I could walk outside and not think that ppl are not gawking at me. All was in my head.

Ppl are clueless when color/blend etc. are 80% right. The 20% that you may have "not perfect" only u know. Ha

For those sitting on the fence, do your homework and move forward.

Thanks for all your help on forum and e-mail mr. Burns!
12-18-2010, 06:20 PM,
How old were you, Mr Burns, when you first started wearing?
12-18-2010, 08:59 PM,
Hey mr. burs... My opinion is.. wear mate! and if you can't wear one day for a reason, just go out without the piece!, who the hell in India cares about your hair??? hehehehe

I'm happy that you guys are so hyped about this
12-19-2010, 11:02 AM,
when i first stepped out of the salon, i was worried not about my hair,or the fact it was a hair system.sure it looked diffrent, that was the problem, looking at myself with a new hairstyle, i coudnt see my look,we all have a look we kinda aspire to, and i was wearing a new unruly hair sytem like a obsinate teenager clinging to my head refusing to be budged one way or the other
it took a few days even a week to tame the hair.
i'v not had a negative comment i could make about wearing a hair system
i rekon the hypes right, but regards hair clubs they got the pricing way wrong.i'd love to see them go down the tubes,
one day this will be common place, smaller independant salons taking less of profit and like my salon they get by and arnt on the breadline by any streth of the imagination.
yeah im rammbling off point a tadd,
but when youve been through hair hell,and come to hair heaven youve got a lot to tell folk,
and beleive this,lifes far better,now i need to focus my worries somewhere else, umm wrinkles,
plastic surgery weight loss,
i cant thank all who helped me and continue to support me on this bloody awsome journey.
cheerrs guys.
anty Smile
12-19-2010, 05:00 PM,
I can help with the weight loss, I recently lost lots of bodyfat.
12-22-2010, 02:15 AM,
Yes, hard to believe it JRob! Those years really do fly.

Some great responses there from you guys. I'm so glad to hear that you've found wearing hair is been hassle free, and lived up to the hype!

As for travelling in India... well, everyone has told me that people are often surprised about what life is like in India, so I'm going to go with the flow and see what happens. If I can keep wearing, then great. If it proves impossible due to the heat, then it's ok - I'll shave and get a longish hair full cap when I return home - no big deal right JRob? Smile

But so far, my experience of wearing hair on long holidays has been great! I've gone to Tenerife and been in hot weather, beaches and waterslides! I've been on 12-day meditation retreats where I didn't really have much personal space or time and it was fine. I've also found that all I really need these days are a very small number of items or "tools":
- 99% alcohol
- iGlue + basebond + tape
- steel comb
- clingfilm / saran wrap

I can survive fine with just the above four items for removal/attachment. Then of course you have things such as shampoo/conditioner, water spray, a good brush, styling gel, etc. But you can buy all of these things just about anywhere Smile Also for travel, I advise you to bring an old battered hairpiece, not your best new one. Then you won't be worries about using bad water/shampoo or tearing it in the jungles Wink

So keep it simple my friends!

Here is a photo of me testing my tape attachment in Tenerife:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/uPa...directlink