Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help is needed :P (before photos)
12-07-2010, 01:11 PM,
help is needed :P (before photos)
hey guys been browsing the side for a while, decided to give a system a try, im from scotland, and there is obv advanced hair studio but looking around am not gonna go with those crooks, so i usually have my hair all shaved off, but i have a nasty scar at bak, tht i have from being young.

im in the process of doing my template but im not sure how far i should go down with it, and how big a sample to send, as its my first time a wanna make sure a get it right.

i put a few pics of my head the now Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

12-07-2010, 09:03 PM,
RE: help is needed :P (before photos)
just go to where youre natural hairline is,was,
trace the old hairline.if you go a tadd over it can be trimmed,
above all enjoy the new look, confidence wearing gives you.
look up a few making a template on u tube.
regards anty
12-07-2010, 09:42 PM,
Hello ajay.... welcome to the forum man. You should have no great problem there... go for a light/er density than what you might be tempted to, as your own is not very dense...... as Anty said, just mark approx. where your hairline used to be..be careful not to ``come down`` too much at the temples there......... specify forward ventilation for your system....that`s the `direction`which the hair will be lying in, so you`ll get a good blend-in with your own hair direction. Also, to save work for a stylist, I wouldn`t bother getting the standard 6-inch length of hair .....most of it will have to be cut away...... I`d order 3 -inch length and you`ll be able to ``see`` what you/your stylist are doing!! You have a good `foundation`there to work with ...enjoy your new hair/life ! Paul.
12-07-2010, 10:32 PM,
cheers for your info guys, yeah i foind a old video of me with shaved hair and where the hair line was, and a have tht wee bit left at front to see where it starts, like ppl know am receding,but ive constant had a hat on for yrs lol, as a photographer i can get away with wearing 1 alot, plus if ppl know i wear i actually dont care as long as it looks cool lol

yeah my sides and bak look untidy the now due to ive had to let it grow.

but i do feel i have the base for sumthing to look pretty decent.

was thinking freestyle, my original hair when younger was really curly but as a got older it was less lol, id like sumthing where if a want the front down i can have it down, and if a want a wee flick of sumthing i can.

what size of sampe should a send in?

im looking foward to see how it will turn out, its good reading the board u learn so much.

see for the template how far u think a should go in to my sides?
12-07-2010, 11:15 PM,
ajay...I think if you use an eyebrow pencil, draw your proposed hairline on your scalp there and then use the cling-film/wrap and trace the line onto that as it will be clearly visible ... the recommended hair sample should be about the `size` of a pencil.....just use an elastic band to hold it together.......it`s for colour-matching purposes......I`d reckon your own hair looks pretty straight so maybe order straight hair to match ? Your own also is growing forward, so follow that
`pattern` for ease of styling. Paul.
12-09-2010, 02:50 PM,
any pics of hair samples so i could see how much to cut off,where will i take it from, see for the template im unsure about the bak how far to go down as starts to stop to recede like near there, will i just go past it and mark where the bit where is spirals?
12-09-2010, 10:09 PM,
Hi ajay... take a few bits from different areas rather than taking a ``big lump`` of hair from one spot ......it doesn`t have to be very long... maybe an inch ? Try to get enough to send in a clump about the diameter of a pencil, and hold it together with a small elastic band.As to the size of template... your crown area looks like it`s OK from there down to the nape of the neck ...usually the actual crown area is where the hair direction changes......so the hair down the back grows downwards from there and the hair to the front grows forward from the crown.... your template will be a wedge-shape by the look of it.....I`d just go back as far as the crown point and no further...... it would be a good idea to enclose your pics with your template ..that side view gives a good impression of the way your hair is growing... it will help the factory to ventilate the hair at the crown there into the correct direction to give you a good blend-in. A picture paints a thousand words as they say ! In fact, I could recommend to anyone who is unsure of what they should order, just pop in a few pics of your present condition, and a pic or two [lifted from a magazine etc. ] of the style you`d like to achieve, and it will help greatly and result in you being happy with the system once it arrives.......we`re all `fussy` about how our system will look and to be fair to the makers, they make thousands of systems and are not in a position to do a one-on-one consultation with potential wearers, so the next best thing are a few good pics to work off..... hope that`s of help -- Paul.
12-10-2010, 03:46 AM,
(12-07-2010, 09:42 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hellmark approx. where your hairline used to be..be careful not to ``come down`` too much at the temples there......... specify forward ventilation for your system....that`s the `direction`which the hair will be lying in, so you`ll get a good blend-in with your own hair d
Hello Paul, can you please explain what you mean by this I'm finding it hard to follow sorry Smile .
12-10-2010, 04:24 AM,
tried to make a template,but mucked it up, gonna try later on again with my hair damp so a can see better lol, yeah i understand tht i dont wanna go to far down,as i wanna get where the hair is going in direction, do u have any images of wedge shape templates?, thanx for your help im learning alot
12-10-2010, 05:08 AM,
Person .. I just mean to follow the line [approximately] around from the front centre-point to the area at the temple up above where the side-burns are.... he`ll have to allow for a little `natural`recession there ..it would look `odd`if that whole temple area were to be filled in with hair .... that`s what I meant by not `coming down`too much.
ajay... I`ve saved your second pic to file on the PC...will try to draw a line on it with the ``picasa`` pic-editing programme and post it below here..just to give an idea of what you I personally think would suit you...... hopefully I can manage it--I`m not the most patient when it comes to computers!! Paul.