Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going Full Cap/Partial - Confused
12-07-2010, 01:49 PM,
RE: Going Full Cap/Partial - Confused
(12-07-2010, 12:05 PM)anubi5 Wrote:
(12-07-2010, 09:51 AM)MChris Wrote:
(12-05-2010, 04:59 PM)anubi5 Wrote: Its a hard decission which one to do. I used to get stressed out with a partial cos I had trouble blending so I went a full cap but Iv also been stressed out so much with it cos a full cap comes with its own problems. You can feel the knots easily at the back and sides. People have felt them and asked me why my scalp feels like that. To combat that you order a high density but then it doesnt look real and is hard to style with so much hair. I cant figure out which one is better, partial or full cap. Its frustrating. Skin full cap I would not do. I have tried it but for me I just felt clostraphobic. I feel I couldn't breath and took it off a few days later. When you itch you cant relieve it easily cos the skin is thicker than lace.

Hey anubi5, man honestly you just stressed me more, i think the whole point of wearing is to relax and be confident, not the other way around.

People asked you why your scalp feels like that? Seriously?

About skin cap, im not saying going ALL full cap, that would be like putting a helmet on your head and allow minimum or zero breathability.. I just thought of using skin for the perimeter.. front,round the ears,temples,nape..

What kind of system you are using now? And if you have any worries, into which exact system you are thinking of purchasing next?
Take care my friend Smile

I tried creating a custom base where around the back and sides was thin skin and there was I think 3 inches wide of lace on the crown to the forehead and 2 inches lace along front hairline then 1cm lace around entire perimetre. And I felt I was suffocating after a couple of days and the skin doesnt allow you to releive an itch easily cos its so thick. I actually ripped it off threw it out and put my old full lace back on and now trying to regrow my side hair so I can can try a topper again and think what to do.

Not everyone is this stressed out but I am, merely because 2 partners (sorry not 3) that have just randomly run their hands at the back of my head during certain activities and have jumped back and said OMG why does your scalp feel like. Well one partner said that. The other partner actually said to me when I woke up I thought you were wearing a wig but maybe it was just the product I could feel. Another partner keeps trying to get a close up look of my hair for some reason but I keep pretending that like I don't want you messin up my hair.

The part with the partners was OUCH.. Sorry man, i get it, i haven't been in your situation but, i understand that it stressed you out even more. No worries though, everything eventually works out for the better.

For the custom hair system you made, was it a 3/4 or a full cap? I don't get it that you felt suffocating with lace at the crown, i read here that some people use thin skin ALL over with full head bond and they just experience a bit of heat, nothing more..

Maybe with some tweaking of your full cap, things might be easier.. I've read some posts by Jrob, take a look you might find them very informative. Hope he shows up at this thread and share his knowledge.

I'm tired of blending and texture issues and the ability to have WHATEVER style you want due to weak side and back hair density.

3/4 or full cap? lace or skin? combination? the picture at the first post is the style i want to achieve so the density is at 60-70% range.

If any more experienced friend at the forum has any suggestions, i would highly appreciate their advice.

anubi5, stay cool man Smile
12-16-2010, 06:40 PM,
RE: Going Full Cap/Partial - Confused
Hey MChris,

That pic is kind of dark but I don't see a problem doing that style with a full cap.

That said, a style like that will only be possible if the temples are ventilated very well, which is sort of out of your control. The best you can do is mark the ventilation direction on your template and if the hair doesn't lay the way you want it to you will have to use a mild perming solution to re-set the hair in the proper direction.

A full cap isn't the perfect solution for hairloss but it does eliminate many of the issues that you mentioned. If you do decide to go full cap I would go all lace and keep the density reasonably low. You might also want to consider keeping some of your own nape hair if it is in good shape.

Good luck and keep us posted!