Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Going Full Cap/Partial - Confused
12-04-2010, 06:27 AM,
Going Full Cap/Partial - Confused
First of all, i wanna say hi to all thats my first post. I've been wearing a system for about 5 years now. First timer at the salon then they made the attachment as they do today ( bonding with knots on existing hair,leaving some of your hair at the front for realism ). Paleolithic as i read the forum.
The style i was going for, with curtains was no problem back then,but always bothered me that it didn't look ok. The front line plain sucks(you can see the knots sometimes), the density is warewolfy ( it theres such a thing ). Back then it was bareable, cause it blended ok, and i was a first time wearer.
Fast forward to today, this doesn't cut it anymore, plus my sides and back have gotten way weak to pull even that look that i wanted( no temples i hate that). It made me quit several physical activities, i used to be very social now im too self conscius about that bs. Yes i have considered shaving, but due to scarring thats a big no no..

I just can't continue that thing anymore so i would apreciate some advice.
I talked with the stylist about it and recomended a thin skin system ( yes they got it a few days ago-no wonder), with a full head bond.
I've read alot in this forum and as i can tell, its a thin skin with single injected hair.

My questions are:

1> What kind of base is best for what i want ( check the pic for hairstyle )? Is the skin right for a partial or full cap?
2> How secure will it be?
3>Im a highly active person (used to till now),gym,bball,swimming etc - Can i do all those? I mean im considering more rough sports and that damn thing puts me on hold ( i know it shouldnt ) like martial arts,surfing etc.

Can i achieve the following style with a full cap? And any extra advice would be great. Sorry for the marathon-post. Smile
Bless you all have a wonderful time! Smile

Attached Files Image(s)

12-04-2010, 06:40 AM,
RE: Going Full Cap/Partial - Confused
You can try to achieve a look with longer hair so you can cover a bit the temples I dunno....
I'm followin your case cause i'm a very active person too (I surf almost everyday, skate, biking, and I'm doin the courses for sky diving), we should be in contact to share experience.

And forget, try to not stop doing things because of the hair... that's why you're into this!.

Regards and best wishes
12-04-2010, 07:10 AM,
MChris -- Basically, you can have any style of system you wish/specify..... you pose a few questions for different scenarios......... Firstly, if you want to wear a full-cap,due to your own hair gone too thin to `do anything`` with, apparently, the wisdom is, to specify swiss lace, with french lace in the side-burn area [for strength ] JRob has left many posts here on the whole full-cap area ...have a look through those . On the question of you engaging in a lot of physical activities and swimming, there are ``exercise`` bases/systems available [have a look on the `style options`` page there... I`m not sure, but John might be able to clarify this when he sees this thread, I`m wondering if a full-cap exercise base could be made up using the same template [should you decide to go full -cap] so you can keep a `` good`` system for normal wear, and use the tougher one for your activities.One of the main issues facing full-cap wearers is getting the system hair to sit down properly at the nape of the neck to look realistic and also due to the stretching/movement of the skin there all the time, the bond can `let you down`...that might be an issue for you if engaged in things like martial arts where you`d be stretching etc.... the reason I`m suggesting some kind of exercise base, is simply because a `normal`system wouldn`t last as long with the kind of sweating you`d be doing, and swimming in salt water, or chlorinated swimming pools is also very harsh on system hair..... How feasible it would be to get some kind of `tough`full-cap system made I`m not too sure ..hopefully John will advise...... Paul.
12-04-2010, 09:11 AM,
(12-04-2010, 06:40 AM)younggun Wrote: You can try to achieve a look with longer hair so you can cover a bit the temples I dunno....

I'm followin your case cause i'm a very active person too (I surf almost everyday, skate, biking, and I'm doin the courses for sky diving), we should be in contact to share experience.

And forget, try to not stop doing things because of the hair... that's why you're into this!.

Thanks for the reply younggun, the look i want to achieve isn't possible with longer hair due to thin sides and back hair and ofcourse no temples.
I use the method you mentioned for all this time, but now as hair recede more the result isn't working.

Sure we can keep contact no prob,i'm too checking for skydiving Smile

And you're right about don't stop doing things cause of the hair, thats why i started wearing at first, but now things have changed, so i'm looking for better alternatives to achieve what i want.
If you're not happy with yourself, you can't be happy with anything or anyone, right? Smile
Take care my friend!
Thanks for the input Paul Smile

First of all, i'm checking to achieve the exact haircut or something very similar and i'll go from there..
About swimming now, i use a swim cap so no harm is done to any system. The sweating now is an issue.. I'm looking for a method of attachment that i wont have to take the system off every day, maybe every 2nd week.
I had an idea of customizing it something like: perimeter thinskin with full perimeter bond (keep the sideburns and nape hair so nape lift wont be an issue) and use some more breathable material for the rest of the system.. Just an idea.
The density at the pic is at the 60-70% range? i may be wrong.
The temples dont have so much of a pointy look so i guess it won't be that hard..
--Off toppic now, the stylist when i asked her what about lace said thats not a good idea,and thin skin is more realistic-- After reading the forum im still scratching my head, or my hairpiece over this one Smile haha

Take care Paul
12-04-2010, 11:21 AM,
Hi MChris. It would help a lot if you could post a photo of yourself, with or without your current system, so we can see what you have to work with. By all means blank out your face.
12-04-2010, 09:18 PM,
Hi again MChris... I have the same problem as you now......hair is just getting too thin altogether to be able to `work`with, especially at the back ...if I leave it get any bit long at all it looks like rats tails !!! Full -cap is my only real option now ..... I think a lot of people leave an inch or two of their own hair at the nape, in case of `lift`of the system hair ..just adds that little bit of realism.
I take it so, that you`re not going to go ``fully`` full-cap but more a larger topper, and blending it onto the side-burns /back of your growing hair ? I`m just wondering when you say ``thinskin perimeter`` and some ``breathable material for the rest`` are you planning thinskin for the front too? It`s probably best to go with lace for the majority [including front hairline] for breath-ability and it being less obvious to the eye at the front. I don`t understand why your stylist has reservations regarding lace ..... what about going with ``Ilace`` ..isn`t that the system which has the hairs `sandwiched` between two layers of lace ? That will still be more breathable than any of the poly/poly-derivative systems to my mind. I`ve not worn thinskin ..maybe someone who has, can tell us how it `performs`in comparison to lace for an active lifestyle ? The picture of the hairstyle is very dark/not too visible ...I can only see the sideburn area and front of his hair ..which looks like a spikey front. The density is on the high side..probably about 65% as u say ...... The real advantage of going full-cap is you can have whatever overall style you want as there is nothing to blend in/onto apart from in the nape area if you hold on to a little of your own hair in that area. Regards, Paul.
12-05-2010, 05:57 AM,
Hey Paul... I gave it a lot of thought to be honest, blending-texture-not able to have the EXACT look i want is what makes me considering full cap as the only option. What you're talking about is a 3/4 system,yes im thinking of it too..
Yes by "thinskin perimeter" im talkin all around including front hairline,temples etc.. The new skin i saw was just really thin and i dont know if it will be an issue with realism if i'm shooting for 65-70% densities. That way you have a VERY secure bond cause of the thinskin perimeter all glued, and the rest of your scalp breathes with lace.
Maybe people have done something similar with a full cap,maybe not.
The look is a bit spikey, but i always love my hair as i used to(back in the day), its a very classic style. Smile
You're thinking of going full cap or 3/4 Paul? Hair is gonna get thinner so i just want to make the transition now, and forget about things like: i can't have that style or the other cause the remaining hair is not good to work with.. i HATE limitations..
Take care Paul, see you around Smile
12-05-2010, 04:59 PM,
Its a hard decission which one to do. I used to get stressed out with a partial cos I had trouble blending so I went a full cap but Iv also been stressed out so much with it cos a full cap comes with its own problems. You can feel the knots easily at the back and sides. People have felt them and asked me why my scalp feels like that. To combat that you order a high density but then it doesnt look real and is hard to style with so much hair. I cant figure out which one is better, partial or full cap. Its frustrating. Skin full cap I would not do. I have tried it but for me I just felt clostraphobic. I feel I couldn't breath and took it off a few days later. When you itch you cant relieve it easily cos the skin is thicker than lace.
12-07-2010, 09:51 AM,
(12-05-2010, 04:59 PM)anubi5 Wrote: Its a hard decission which one to do. I used to get stressed out with a partial cos I had trouble blending so I went a full cap but Iv also been stressed out so much with it cos a full cap comes with its own problems. You can feel the knots easily at the back and sides. People have felt them and asked me why my scalp feels like that. To combat that you order a high density but then it doesnt look real and is hard to style with so much hair. I cant figure out which one is better, partial or full cap. Its frustrating. Skin full cap I would not do. I have tried it but for me I just felt clostraphobic. I feel I couldn't breath and took it off a few days later. When you itch you cant relieve it easily cos the skin is thicker than lace.

Hey anubi5, man honestly you just stressed me more, i think the whole point of wearing is to relax and be confident, not the other way around.

People asked you why your scalp feels like that? Seriously?

About skin cap, im not saying going ALL full cap, that would be like putting a helmet on your head and allow minimum or zero breathability.. I just thought of using skin for the perimeter.. front,round the ears,temples,nape..

What kind of system you are using now? And if you have any worries, into which exact system you are thinking of purchasing next?
Take care my friend Smile
12-07-2010, 12:05 PM,
(12-07-2010, 09:51 AM)MChris Wrote:
(12-05-2010, 04:59 PM)anubi5 Wrote: Its a hard decission which one to do. I used to get stressed out with a partial cos I had trouble blending so I went a full cap but Iv also been stressed out so much with it cos a full cap comes with its own problems. You can feel the knots easily at the back and sides. People have felt them and asked me why my scalp feels like that. To combat that you order a high density but then it doesnt look real and is hard to style with so much hair. I cant figure out which one is better, partial or full cap. Its frustrating. Skin full cap I would not do. I have tried it but for me I just felt clostraphobic. I feel I couldn't breath and took it off a few days later. When you itch you cant relieve it easily cos the skin is thicker than lace.

Hey anubi5, man honestly you just stressed me more, i think the whole point of wearing is to relax and be confident, not the other way around.

People asked you why your scalp feels like that? Seriously?

About skin cap, im not saying going ALL full cap, that would be like putting a helmet on your head and allow minimum or zero breathability.. I just thought of using skin for the perimeter.. front,round the ears,temples,nape..

What kind of system you are using now? And if you have any worries, into which exact system you are thinking of purchasing next?
Take care my friend Smile

I tried creating a custom base where around the back and sides was thin skin and there was I think 3 inches wide of lace on the crown to the forehead and 2 inches lace along front hairline then 1cm lace around entire perimetre. And I felt I was suffocating after a couple of days and the skin doesnt allow you to releive an itch easily cos its so thick. I actually ripped it off threw it out and put my old full lace back on and now trying to regrow my side hair so I can can try a topper again and think what to do.

Not everyone is this stressed out but I am, merely because 2 partners (sorry not 3) that have just randomly run their hands at the back of my head during certain activities and have jumped back and said OMG why does your scalp feel like. Well one partner said that. The other partner actually said to me when I woke up I thought you were wearing a wig but maybe it was just the product I could feel. Another partner keeps trying to get a close up look of my hair for some reason but I keep pretending that like I don't want you messin up my hair.