Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Toplace unit--your opinion please
12-07-2010, 05:00 AM,
RE: My Toplace unit--your opinion please
i really like your attitude anty. Big Grin

look at it this way:
you say, your hair was on your mind when you were thinning (but clearly state it wasn't an obsession)... hence you are very relaxed now.
me, on the other hand, I was obsessed. literally obsessed. hence... I'm ok now, not always too relaxed. I'm finding it a lot easier to accept now and I'm getting happier as i grow more confident.

and yes, their ignorance is our bliss, but, wouldn't it be nicer if hair systems were excellent from the day they were born? they wouldn't have this stigma associated with them. Just yesterday, I over heard someone tell another one who was bald... "not even if you wanted, you cannot get your fringe to look as good as mine". the other one replied, "well i'll just wear a wig then like ______ " referring to some celebrity with a really ugly looking 70s rug. To which, the other one replied, "yeah, then some wind and it's gone with the wind again lol".

so yeah, I can see what you're saying when you say their ignorance is bliss, but now that I'm in this game, I don't like hearing wig-jokes anymore. Big Grin if i could, i would punch them in the face. but instead, i have to laugh.

person, i know what you mean when you say you feel like you're in this alone. chances though are that there are a lot of people wearing wigs around you that you don't know of. i find this forum of great help, in making me feel like i'm not alone in this game. you can ask anyone here for help, you'll get it cause everyone knows the feeling and everyone is willing to help. that's why we are here. because i'm here because i had found great support when i needed it and now that i'm getting experienced, i feel obliged to pass on the (little) knowledge that I've learnt along the way.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Toplace unit--your opinion please - danger!!89 - 12-04-2010, 10:49 PM
RE: My Toplace unit--your opinion please - mrjoejohn - 12-07-2010, 05:00 AM