Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Toplace unit--your opinion please
12-05-2010, 03:52 AM,
RE: My Toplace unit--your opinion please
hope to work doing that...but I find this a difficult style to have...at least I think so...
I am afraid too about traction alopecia...I still have lots of hair where mys sistem will be...so it wouldn't be nice to pull all of those hair...I am thinning diffuselly on top...and that's why!
bU t I am planning to shave my head where the system will be...and do that at every 5 days or so...or if I will let the piece on my head much longer then I will put more and more alcohol till the tape will come off easily...
in your place I will use more and more alcohol till the tape will come off very easy...because what you are doing now is called traction alopecia!
12-05-2010, 04:03 AM,
(12-05-2010, 03:52 AM)andrei_eremenko Wrote: hope to work doing that...but I find this a difficult style to have...at least I think so...
I am afraid too about traction alopecia...I still have lots of hair where mys sistem will be...so it wouldn't be nice to pull all of those hair...I am thinning diffuselly on top...and that's why!
bU t I am planning to shave my head where the system will be...and do that at every 5 days or so...or if I will let the piece on my head much longer then I will put more and more alcohol till the tape will come off easily...
in your place I will use more and more alcohol till the tape will come off very easy...because what you are doing now is called traction alopecia!

yeah i know :/ but the lace release is costing me a fortune lol
I shave my hair as well, cause I'm not at all bald, just a diffuse thinner as well. i used to do 5 day attachments but i wanted to spend less time on my hair, especially when its still looking very good.
12-05-2010, 05:06 AM,
really? is that lace releaser costing so much? I have found in local stores 99% izopropylic alcohol costing 6 dollars for a bottle with 1 liter! btw...you can find easily this product at the stores with electronical parts...it is a must have in stores with electronical parts!

btw how many hairpieces are using in a year?
12-05-2010, 05:18 AM,
oh really? no, I usually buy them from ebay, so shipping costs are expensive. mm... might be a good idea to check the ironmongery... cause they are relatively cheap i know, it's only the shippin that's making them expensive.

i have recently started wearing my 3rd unit of the year. All the units are still in good condition, but thing is when I receive one, I order another one for emergency, but I end up too excited when I receive the new one... so I change it. Plus, it's my first year wearing, so everything is kinda new and I'm still experimenting ... I'm not too careful with the unit's life. But that's the least of my worries for now. When all is 100% sorted, I'll focus on making my units last longer. I could easily go a whole year with 2 units, just to keep the hair looking fresh and nice... I find that in time, it will get a bit brittle and dry to my liking. Understandable really.

Smile
12-05-2010, 05:23 AM,
mrjoejohn, I've thought about ordering 2 units, and when I know I'm gonna surf the whole week or so I wear one of them and then save the other one for the "normal life", going out, to university and stuff....... what do you think of this
12-05-2010, 05:37 AM,
(12-05-2010, 05:23 AM)younggun Wrote: mrjoejohn, I've thought about ordering 2 units, and when I know I'm gonna surf the whole week or so I wear one of them and then save the other one for the "normal life", going out, to university and stuff....... what do you think of this

Each to their own... I don't agree with that. With that mentality, you'd be spending your whole life detaching and attaching hair systems. It's too much of a hassle for me.

I just wear 1 system at a time, for any activity. But that's just me, there are plenty of people who wear 2 separate units depending on the activity/ event. I guess though, you cannot have a super bond doing that, because otherwise it would be a real pain in the ass having to debond a perfect attachment just to wear the other unit. You'll find what works best for you I suppose - there's no law, no correct way of doing these things.
12-05-2010, 06:39 AM,
but my question is... TAKING CARE properly of your unit.. do affect it too much (salted water & sun) like reducing a LOT its living? I mean money is not my problem but of course I prefer buying one toplace unit which I think price / quality are the best..... but I'm worried about messing up the unit with so much sun & salted water (some days I can spend like 5 hours or even more out in the water surfing)
12-05-2010, 06:49 AM,
yes, summer in my country is very harsh, with heatwaves etc. and yes, sun and salt water will damage your hair. but... if you wash it thoroughly after the beach, and use Back2Natural Color Blender and Conditioner, you will be ensuring it stays as good as possible. But yes, I think that too much sun and salt water will damage ur unit at the end of the day.

I have 2 units (toplace) - one that I used to wear in summer, and this one. Ok so this is still quite new, but you can see, the other one (summer one) is quite dry and the color had faded away slightly. Still wearable, don't get me wrong, but if you had to compare, this one looks a lot more fresh!

But, again, my country's summer is unbearable - too much sun and heat. Plus, I only discover about Back2Natural in the last week or so... so I hadn't used it much.
12-05-2010, 07:05 AM,
ok, well, I've never had a "good" hair like shinny or so, more like a LOT of hair spread everywhere, like a hippy style.... so I'm not trying to achieve a PERFECT hair style, I just want hair, do you think it's possible for me? I'm soooooooo scared of the switch!! eheheheh

Regards
12-05-2010, 07:30 AM,
scared? you'll be extatic with the results!
you forget youre wearing hair after a few hours,its amazing.
hey im a worrier,and if i feel totaly Comfortable,hell anyone can.
its way better than concealer,there would be more chance of someone spotting my concealer than this superb hair, its modern, clean shiny, well cut in by a hairdresser,
and when you bond them to youre head its a bloody good bond,
and when you get caught in the rain so what, just like youre own hair,
blott dry with a towel, style, done
before this would be a nightmare having to re stlye apply concealer , clean up.
do it do it do it,
honesty im a far far happier guy, now,
you want to be happy with youre hair how you look,
i can tell you from my experiance its life changing,
and i utterly love it.