My Toplace unit--your opinion please
12-04-2010, 09:32 AM,
RE: My Toplace unit--your opinion please
email me @ this account
[email protected]
if i can help i will i know what youre going through we all do here m8
12-04-2010, 10:20 AM,
it looks great...are you cutting your system by yourself? also what density is that? it looks like this is what I need too!
12-04-2010, 12:40 PM,
haha, thanks guys, really... you don't know how much it helps cause it's like ok, you look at the mirror, and you make sure you look 100% good in your eyes, but in reality, you're never sure (and you don't ask) people about how your hair is looking. i have a couple of closed ones, friends and girlfriend and family, who know I wear, and they are amazed by how it looks. It gives me a great boost of course, but since I'm the half empty glass kind of person, I tend to doubt everything, I say maybe they are just trying to be nice. Deep down, I know my girlfriend wouldn't go out with me if I looked funny, she's into fashion ffs. My mother has a short fuse, and she would never let me go out if I looked ridiculous. But sometimes, you want to hear another person's opinion. I get the occasional... "why do you wear hats when your hair looks so good!?" to which I reply... "cause I don't like my hair/ cause my head is too small" and I take it as a compliment... but yeah, I'm the half-empty-glass kinda person.

But you're right... one life! I gotta start worrying less, at the end of the day, who should give a s*it whether I wear or not, right? I can understand where this is coming from. I mean, I wouldn't have gone to this length if I couldn't give a rat's ass whether I was balding or not, so clearly, the image is very important to me.

yes i do everything by myself... cut, maintenance etc.

density... i think this one is 65% but john can confirm for you. color, i sent in a hair sample. Wave, hmm... not sure but I think it's the second range of waves - slight wave i think.

Smile) cheers guys, you lot are great.

My current psychology is something like this:
I like wearing hats/ beanies/ caps etc... so when I go out to party, likelihood is you'll see me wearing one. I think they suit me. But in occasions where I do not have an option (weddings, work, etc) I can do a proper hairstyle now, without being paranoid and feeling depressed. Also, if I'm wearing headwear and someone takes off my cap, I'm not paranoid now. I can even go swimming without worrying that my hair is looking like shit, and will look worse when I accidently get water in it (as the concealers would go out). At the end of the day, I'm still keeping a close look at technology, and hoping that one day I can get my own full head of hair back. But in the meantime, I have this hair system solution, which is 80-90% acceptable to me, and is making this time all the less painful.

Thanks for the support lovely people.
12-04-2010, 03:38 PM,
I agree with you except from one thing...
balding??? wtf u talkin about!, your hair's great!

Big Grin seriously, common look at other people that DIE from hunger.. they would change his life for being one of ours bald guys without a doubt, what I'm trying to say is that.. do whatever you like and feel more comfortable in life, without hurting anyone, f.... everyone else, live YOUR life with the people that really appreciate you, and don't feel depressed about this.. I hope that all the problems in this life could be like this kind...

Peace bro
12-04-2010, 10:49 PM,
(12-04-2010, 12:40 PM)mrjoejohn Wrote: haha, thanks guys, really... you don't know how much it helps cause it's like ok, you look at the mirror, and you make sure you look 100% good in your eyes, but in reality, you're never sure (and you don't ask) people about how your hair is looking. i have a couple of closed ones, friends and girlfriend and family, who know I wear, and they are amazed by how it looks. It gives me a great boost of course, but since I'm the half empty glass kind of person, I tend to doubt everything, I say maybe they are just trying to be nice. Deep down, I know my girlfriend wouldn't go out with me if I looked funny, she's into fashion ffs. My mother has a short fuse, and she would never let me go out if I looked ridiculous. But sometimes, you want to hear another person's opinion. I get the occasional... "why do you wear hats when your hair looks so good!?" to which I reply... "cause I don't like my hair/ cause my head is too small" and I take it as a compliment... but yeah, I'm the half-empty-glass kinda person.

But you're right... one life! I gotta start worrying less, at the end of the day, who should give a s*it whether I wear or not, right? I can understand where this is coming from. I mean, I wouldn't have gone to this length if I couldn't give a rat's ass whether I was balding or not, so clearly, the image is very important to me.

yes i do everything by myself... cut, maintenance etc.

density... i think this one is 65% but john can confirm for you. color, i sent in a hair sample. Wave, hmm... not sure but I think it's the second range of waves - slight wave i think.

Smile) cheers guys, you lot are great.

My current psychology is something like this:
I like wearing hats/ beanies/ caps etc... so when I go out to party, likelihood is you'll see me wearing one. I think they suit me. But in occasions where I do not have an option (weddings, work, etc) I can do a proper hairstyle now, without being paranoid and feeling depressed. Also, if I'm wearing headwear and someone takes off my cap, I'm not paranoid now. I can even go swimming without worrying that my hair is looking like shit, and will look worse when I accidently get water in it (as the concealers would go out). At the end of the day, I'm still keeping a close look at technology, and hoping that one day I can get my own full head of hair back. But in the meantime, I have this hair system solution, which is 80-90% acceptable to me, and is making this time all the less painful.

Thanks for the support lovely people.

I can relate with that post completely mate and your hair looks good in the photo's!
BTW how do you cut your hair? Do you use scissors, machine or robocutter etc? The main thing i hate about wearing is going to a normal hairdressers. It saves alot of money but I feel slightly embaressed about it.
12-04-2010, 11:57 PM,
I usually ask my girlfriend or mother to cut it with scissors, then touch it up myself with scissors.

Yes, I know what you mean - going to a hairdresser.
However, if the worst comes to the worst, I can always go to a hair club salon. Surely, you cannot feel embarrassed going there. I know someone who does cut ins on hair systems, so if I had to go to a salon, I'd go there, not in a normal salon.

The robocutter could be a good investment, but so far, I'm sticking to scissors and thinning scissors.
12-05-2010, 12:40 AM,
(12-04-2010, 11:57 PM)mrjoejohn Wrote: I usually ask my girlfriend or mother to cut it with scissors, then touch it up myself with scissors.

Yes, I know what you mean - going to a hairdresser.
However, if the worst comes to the worst, I can always go to a hair club salon. Surely, you cannot feel embarrassed going there. I know someone who does cut ins on hair systems, so if I had to go to a salon, I'd go there, not in a normal salon.

The robocutter could be a good investment, but so far, I'm sticking to scissors and thinning scissors.

I don't think you need a hair dresser...the hair looks good...I have some questions...
you have said in another post that you are getting 3 weeks bonding time...do you get any rash after this period? also are you using concelears always? how long is the hair on the sides and back?

you 're doing a great job...I would love to have that hair!
12-05-2010, 01:45 AM,
[/quote]

I don't think you need a hair dresser...the hair looks good...I have some questions...
you have said in another post that you are getting 3 weeks bonding time...do you get any rash after this period? also are you using concelears always? how long is the hair on the sides and back?

you 're doing a great job...I would love to have that hair!
[/quote]

hi andrei
yes you are right i get 3 weeks bonding. no i don't get rash, but i need to be more careful when detaching, perhaps, i should use more lace release. Thing is I get bored of waiting, and after 5 minutes, I'm really wanting to get this over and done with so I just pull. the bond is super tight, it's painful when i detach. and as a matter of fact i am noticing "hairloss" on the side area where the base is attached. In 3 weeks time, my hair would have grown a bit underneath the tapes, so I have to pull and in doing so, I pull my own hair with it (hence why it's painful). I am hoping, it's not a case of traction alopecia :/

As for concealers, no, I don't use concealers.

The hair on the sides is quite short. On the back, it is slightly longer, I can wear a small pony tail. You can take a look at the pictures to have an idea. I'm trying to have a longer hairstyle, so I'm diligently growing my side hairs, so that I can have longer hair on my next order. I'm perhaps thinking of going dreads! That should be a crazy hairstyle to have, no-one will ever suspect I am wearing! Big Grin Plus, dreads are good cause you don't really have to worry about the style.
12-05-2010, 01:55 AM,
OMG! If you do dreads I'll do them too! hahahaha It would be awsome, I always wanted to go dread but couldn't cuz of the alopecia, but now that I have found this solution I want them again!!!
12-05-2010, 02:06 AM,
(12-05-2010, 01:55 AM)younggun Wrote: OMG! If you do dreads I'll do them too! hahahaha It would be awsome, I always wanted to go dread but couldn't cuz of the alopecia, but now that I have found this solution I want them again!!!

Hahahaha, I used to have dreads but my hair was already starting to thin. Sky's the limit with my hair system lol... with dreads... No blending worries, no styling worries, no color mismatch worries. And no one will come brushing his hands in your filthy looking hair eeewww hahaha. good!
(12-05-2010, 02:06 AM)mrjoejohn Wrote:
(12-05-2010, 01:55 AM)younggun Wrote: OMG! If you do dreads I'll do them too! hahahaha It would be awsome, I always wanted to go dread but couldn't cuz of the alopecia, but now that I have found this solution I want them again!!!

Hahahaha, I used to have dreads but my hair was already starting to thin. Sky's the limit with my hair system lol... with dreads... No blending worries, no styling worries, no color mismatch worries. And no one will come brushing his hands in your filthy looking hair eeewww hahaha. good!

the only slight problem i'm seeing to dreads is that the lace release would probably untangle the dread knots... so... maybe, the roots will not be perfectly dreaded, and I'm assuming it wouldn't be a good idea to dread the roots, cause it will create wrinkles in the base. But since no one will be brushing his hands in my hair, I could go with an ILace base (with SFS front of course). The base would be stronger and would look whitish (like normal skin - as opposed to the tan color of French Lace). I don't care if it would feel rougher, cause dreads aren't smooth anyway, you can't really brush your hands in em. I'm also thinking that I'd have to go with the strong glues all along because the hair will be heavier. I'll order my hair system as curly as possible - it makes the dreadlocks process much quicker and much better. (Some people generally perm their hair before they make dreadlocks). when that time comes (dreadlock styling), I'll buy 2 units at one go, just in case something goes wrong lol, and I'll try to be the first man to have a dreadlock hair system on lol.