Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Full Cap Questions
03-25-2010, 11:38 AM,
3 Full Cap Questions
I have a couple of questions that I would greatly appreciate the answers to. This is my first time getting a hair system, and I'm thinking about using the following specs:

Full Cap
All French Lace
hair color: black
hair style: freestyle
curl & wave: straight

In reference to the 2 attached photos in this post:
1) Is the density 65%, 70%, or 75%?
2) Even though 6" hair length is included with the order, I prefer not to go into the haircutting place with too long of hair. Therefore, based on these photos, should I request 5" Hair Length or a different length?
3) After I make my template, I am planning to label "front" and "back" on my template. Since I have mentioned hair style: freestyle, do I still need to mark Arrows on the Template?

Sorry for all the questions and I really appreciate all of your help!

Attached Files Image(s)

03-25-2010, 02:43 PM,
Re: 3 Full Cap Questions
Hi Shadow,
Welcome to the forum. You'lll get a lot of info here. First of all, the photo of the guy with the lighter colored hair is 70-75%. The darker hair guy is 60-65%. The standard 6" of hair is a lot of hair. It's difficult to estimate the length of hair in those pictures since it's a comb forward style and we can't be sure how far back the hair line goes. It's easiest to just take a tape measure and measure the distance from where your hair line on the hair system will start to the length you want--it will probably be around 5". There's no need to draw arrows with the hair direction on the template for a freestyle order. I'm glad to see that you're labeling the template with the front and back---some customers don't do that and they have to be contacted to verify which end is the front. Good luck!
Regards,
John
03-26-2010, 02:14 AM,
Hey mate. I reckon that as it's your first piece get 70/75% density as it will take a beating when you take it off etc. I have a style like the darker pic and 70% is the way to go. Go for it mate you won't regret it.
03-26-2010, 01:16 PM,
Thanks for all of your help and for answering my questions, John and Tunners!

btw Tunners ... your hair style in the following thread (<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.toplace.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1788&p=12136&hilit=remy#p12136">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1788&p=12136&hilit=remy#p12136</a><!-- l -->) looks good man!
03-26-2010, 02:58 PM,
I would order straight hair, forward from the crown.

If you want a little wave you could go body wave, but with styles like that it's unnecessary to order freestyle ventilation, and it might be a little more prone to tangling.
03-26-2010, 03:58 PM,
thanks for the helpful tip JRob! I'll definitely order straight hair, forward from the crown.
03-27-2010, 01:34 AM,
Cheers mate, I had another just cut in, a lot longer style like I said. Everyone of us who have gone the full cap routesay its the best thing we did. Get straight hair for them looks mate and go to a decent barber so he will layer it etc. So important!