Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone heard of "micro-ring" hair extensions for thinning hair?
11-29-2010, 01:42 AM,
Anyone heard of "micro-ring" hair extensions for thinning hair?
Hi guys

I came across this website which offers this technique of attaching hair to your existing hair, in effect making it look thicker.

Do you think the theory is sound and if it will look for diffuse thinners?

http://aremyhair.com/micro_ring_hair_extensions.shtml

Regards
11-29-2010, 04:36 AM,
RE: Anyone heard of "micro-ring" hair extensions for thinning hair?
Hi Drogster,
Yeah, I've heard of it from one of our Asian customers. In pictures it looks doable. My question is 'How does it look when your existing hair has grown?' I would think it looks like little trees growing out of you scalp with the trunk being the existing real hair and the branches being the extensions. In order to keep it looking natural you'd have to constantly be pushing down the extensions as the real hair shaft grows out. Anyone else have thoughts on this?
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/
11-29-2010, 05:58 AM,
I just had a quick look at the site... what struck me is I`d imagine it also would be quite time -consuming when you go to the salon......that kind of `` Strand-by-Strand` attachment would obviously take time ..... nawwhhh, I`d rather just pop my system onto my head in the morning with my little bit of tape/glue and off I go...... takes about 5 minutes of my time and no travelling to expensive Salons. Paul.
11-29-2010, 08:22 AM,
(11-29-2010, 05:58 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: I just had a quick look at the site... what struck me is I`d imagine it also be quite time -consuming when you go to the salon......that kind of `` Strand-by-Strand` attachment would obviously take time ..... nawwhhh, I`d rather just pop my system onto my head in the morning with my little bit of tape/glue and off I go...... takes about 5 minutes of my time and no travelling to expensive Salons. Paul.
so its another tie in to a salon, something you cant do yourself.
also,hair extensions are more socialy accepted than wearing a peice.
i'v no prob with wearing what i wear,
i debond up to 2-3 weeks,
so its all good here,god hell!!!, its bloody fantastic.!!!
tell you what even when they discover a treatment for hair loss,
i'd like to keep this new hair type.
biggest prob, societys perception of wearing and attitude.
there loss my gain."i embraced change and look what it did for me"
11-30-2010, 04:26 PM,
(11-29-2010, 08:22 AM)antywanty Wrote:
(11-29-2010, 05:58 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: I just had a quick look at the site... what struck me is I`d imagine it also be quite time -consuming when you go to the salon......that kind of `` Strand-by-Strand` attachment would obviously take time ..... nawwhhh, I`d rather just pop my system onto my head in the morning with my little bit of tape/glue and off I go...... takes about 5 minutes of my time and no travelling to expensive Salons. Paul.
so its another tie in to a salon, something you cant do yourself.
also,hair extensions are more socialy accepted than wearing a peice.
i'v no prob with wearing what i wear,
i debond up to 2-3 weeks,
so its all good here,god hell!!!, its bloody fantastic.!!!
tell you what even when they discover a treatment for hair loss,
i'd like to keep this new hair type.
biggest prob, societys perception of wearing and attitude.
there loss my gain."i embraced change and look what it did for me"

Hey Anty, so how has the wearing been? sounds like its alot better for you now since you have been wearing. Im trying to keep a positive attitude towards it, my partials should be here in hopefully the next 5 or 6 weeks. I must say im worried about it being complex for me, as i will be using just 2 small fill ins for my reccesion so its a bit different to your situation. But have you had many issues so far? i wash my hair every morning the blow dry it and style, and i want to keep that routine as my hair is oily and crappy if it isnt clean. so much to think about but i hope it can still work for me!
11-30-2010, 09:00 PM,
its not rocket science,if it was do you think there would be so many salon free users.
its as conveniant as youre own hair is.
1)washing, you can wash the units while the glued taped to youre scalp.
be very gentle, soak dowse in warm water, apply a small amount of shampoo,gently massage in.
withy fingers not finger nails,lather, rinse. (again gentlyis the golden rule)
when you towel dry dont rubb, blott youre hair patting the towel down on youre hair.
then dry on medium heat never max.
the old saying is corny but true, once you know how its easy.
search or read earlier threads on styling washing bonding ect.
happy wearing anty