Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photo of traction alopecia
11-25-2010, 07:21 AM,
Photo of traction alopecia
Here's a photo of traction alopecia that is the result of using clips to attach. Notice the round bald spot on this guy's hairline. That's where he attached with clips and the hair came out in that spot. Another big downside to using clips is that clips are detectable to touch. There's terrific glues and tapes that will give you a solid attachment. And if you looking to achieve an undetectable look--aren't we all?---then either glue or tape is the way to go. Many customers use a combination of glue and tape. The tape is used at the perimeter of the unit and glue is used for touchup.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/

Attached Files Image(s)

11-25-2010, 11:38 AM,
RE: Photo of traction alopecia
i use glue, and i love it,
get a 3 week bond,usually do a few hairline touch ups over that period.
but hey,great to be released from the fear of a receding hairline.
and maintainance well its not rocket science or hard work.
and at least now when wash day comes i dont dread it,
i know my routine, the outcome.no more depression,im not thinking ohh my god its gotton worse i cant hide it i cant go out like this,and whats the pay off for all of this.
looking younger feeling great.
i honestly , honestly dont worry bout my hair when im in or out, because it looks brilliant.
cant say better than that,
but hey you fellow wearers know that feeling,(the release from fear)
whats the answer to fear.... its knowledge.
way better than i thought it would be.
anty Smile
11-28-2010, 07:47 AM,
Antywanty,
You're right--it ain't rock science. And the answer to fear is knowledge. I know that there are places out there like Hair Club that like to 'keep you in the dark.' They don't want you to know that there are different types of bases and different ventilations. They just want you to sign a contract and pay exorbitant amounts. You don't have to pay an arm and a leg to look good. Learn to do it yourself and you'll save time and a bundle of money.
Regards,
John
12-05-2010, 02:02 AM,
(11-28-2010, 07:47 AM)ToplaceUSA Wrote: Antywanty,
You're right--it ain't rock science. And the answer to fear is knowledge. I know that there are places out there like Hair Club that like to 'keep you in the dark.' They don't want you to know that there are different types of bases and different ventilations. They just want you to sign a contract and pay exorbitant amounts. You don't have to pay an arm and a leg to look good. Learn to do it yourself and you'll save time and a bundle of money.
Regards,
John

John, it's true. My first hair system was from one of those expensive hair clubs. The first thing they did was, they covered all the mirrors. They said it's so that I don't feel shocked/ paranoid when they shave my hair for the first time and I can see myself bald. In reality, they were hiding the mirrors so that I don't see what they are doing and realise that I can do this myself. The minute she left the private salon to get her things, I unveiled the mirrors and I wasn't ashamed at all. It's a shaved head ffs, nothing to be ashamed of. I found this to be a very stupid trick, since I get absolutely no mental damage when I see myself without my piece on. It's only for a couple of minutes in my private time till I get my hair system on!! FFS she was even wearing a doctor's white dress (just to make it look like she was doing something extraordinary). She is ordinary at best, and I can do a better attachment than she will ever do. I'm hoping that was my last time I got ripped off. Arghh... bollocks. Rant over.