Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heavy Curl (picture)
11-24-2010, 12:00 AM,
Heavy Curl (picture)
Hello, I am not yet a customer for Toplace coming from the Netherlands. I have a not so ordinary curl which is sometimes not so easy to manage especially now it's getting thinner on top. I don't know if someone heard of a microring connection but I am about to try this kind of connection to not shave of my existing hair. The hairpiece that I am about to try will be put on top of my thinning natural hair and from there on connected with a hairextension sort of technique. Only the front will be connected with tape to have a smooth looking hairline. Wondering if someone here has any experience with this kind of connection.

Well my main question is if I decide to choose a toplace piece would it be possible to create a justin guarini style of hairpiece? Please see attached picture.

Attached Files Image(s)

11-24-2010, 04:14 AM,
RE: Heavy Curl (picture)
Hi Afroindo,
Yes, we can do that style--no problem. This industry is famous for coming up with fancy terms to make the customers feel like they're getting something special---such as microring connection. It's just another name for hair extensions.

'The hairpiece that I am about to try will be put on top of my thinning natural hair and from there on connected with a hairextension sort of technique.'

Do you mean that your existing hair will be pulled through the broad mesh base--this is called an integrated unit. Or do you mean that the lace will sit over your existing hair? Please give details on this.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/
11-24-2010, 07:29 AM,
(11-24-2010, 04:14 AM)ToplaceUSA Wrote: Do you mean that your existing hair will be pulled through the broad mesh base--this is called an integrated unit. Or do you mean that the lace will sit over your existing hair? Please give details on this.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/

Hi John,

Thanks for your quick reply. As per above question I can say no. It's not pulled through the mesh base so the hair gets in between the replacement hair. According to my expert this can cause lot of problems because hair can get stuck especially with my type of hair.

According to my information it will be a basic hairpiece but with a sort of special attachment line at the sides of the hairpiece. on this special attachment lines it's possible to attach the piece to the strong hair on the sides. The existing natural hair on top just stays under the hairpiece. I must come back every 5 till 6 weeks to reattach and cut my natural hair.

Regards
11-25-2010, 07:12 AM,
Hi Afroindo,
I see two problems with this. First of all you said that you will be 'attaching to the strong hair on the sides.'
That sounds like you'd be using clips to attach the hair system to your existing good hair. That causes traction alopecia---the hair system pulls on good hair and you lose the good hair. I'll post of picture of traction alopecia so you can see what I mean. Secondly, you said that 'the existing natural hair on top just stays under the piece.' Our bases are translucent so the natural color of your scalp shows and you can expose some scalp for realism. Unless you have a very dense hair system your own hair will show through the lace. And having your own hair under the system does not allow the hair system to sit flush against your scalp--a tipoff to others that you're wearing a system. A third factor is that clips are sensitive to the touch so if you're concerned about intimate moments that would not be the way to go.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com