Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ghost bond glue
11-21-2010, 02:37 AM,
ghost bond glue
This stuff is great. I love it. It holds up better than ultra hold against water and sweat, and when you want to remove the piece hardly any glue is stuck to the lace, it stays on ur head.
11-21-2010, 09:34 PM,
RE: ghost bond glue
Hi anubi5 .. haven`t heard of this glue ..where did you source it ? The glue I use is Tracksafe and I also find hardly any is left on the lace ..it`s all on the scalp so makes for a really easy clean-up. You were asking in your other post about shortness of hair on full-caps. ... JRob would probably be able to help you there so whenever he`s back on again I`m sure he`ll answer that ......sounds to me like a ventilation thing but I could be wrong....... maybe if a system is brand new and hasn`t `settled`in yet [they can be `lively`] and the hair is cut short, it might tend to stand out a bit..just a guess mate. Paul.
11-22-2010, 02:18 AM,
(11-21-2010, 09:34 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi anubi5 .. haven`t heard of this glue ..where did you source it ? The glue I use is Tracksafe and I also find hardly any is left on the lace ..it`s all on the scalp so makes for a really easy clean-up. You were asking in your other post about shortness of hair on full-caps. ... JRob would probably be able to help you there so whenever he`s back on again I`m sure he`ll answer that ......sounds to me like a ventilation thing but I could be wrong....... maybe if a system is brand new and hasn`t `settled`in yet [they can be `lively`] and the hair is cut short, it might tend to stand out a bit..just a guess mate. Paul.

The glue is from Debbie, http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com

Where is tracksafe from?
11-22-2010, 04:14 AM,
Oh right --ordered a large amount of supplies from her a few weeks back and didn`t check out the adhesives as I have a large amount here and won`t need any for a while yet. I originally got the `Tracksafe` from the place in Dublin where I used to get my systems from..... I bought a large tub for touch-ups at home. I spotted it on a UK site recently http://www.directwigs.com .... click on the ``Colour ring, shampoo and accessories`` link on the left-hand side on the home page there.... it`s expensive though ...the bottle shown is only 50mls and is 21£ sterling [33 US dollars] but it lasts quite a while as it`s strong...according to that site, it can be removed using Surgical Spirit [alcohol] .... I use ` Pure` remover bought off Debbie..... I like it mainly for the ease of clean -up..hardly any stuck to the lace. The lace-release fluid works a treat on it to free the lace from the bond. Paul.
12-01-2010, 12:21 PM,
I have been using UltraHold since Paul recommended it. I find it absolutely awesome... but have recently been hearing a lot of rave reviews about Ghost Bond. Will definitely try it out. Only downside to UltraHold it leaves glue on on the base and for some reason... its SOMETIMES a pain in the ass to remove with the Mirror Slide. And I always go about it the same way, so I really don't know why I sometimes spend three quarters of an hour trying to get rid of the messy glue and sometimes it only takes 5 minutes.

But since the bond is EXTREMELY solid (even after 3 weeks) I am happy.

Can Ghost Bond beat UltraHold? :O

That's one to check... (when I finish my 2 bottles of UltraHold lol)
12-01-2010, 03:58 PM,
(12-01-2010, 12:21 PM)mrjoejohn Wrote: I have been using UltraHold since Paul recommended it. I find it absolutely awesome... but have recently been hearing a lot of rave reviews about Ghost Bond. Will definitely try it out. Only downside to UltraHold it leaves glue on on the base and for some reason... its SOMETIMES a pain in the ass to remove with the Mirror Slide. And I always go about it the same way, so I really don't know why I sometimes spend three quarters of an hour trying to get rid of the messy glue and sometimes it only takes 5 minutes.

But since the bond is EXTREMELY solid (even after 3 weeks) I am happy.

Can Ghost Bond beat UltraHold? :O

That's one to check... (when I finish my 2 bottles of UltraHold lol)

Yeah definately try the ghost bond. Iv used ultra hold before to. I dont really like it cos after a while the glue gets thicker in the bottle over time plus the smell is really strong toxic wise and yeah sometimes a pain to get off the base. The ghost bond is advertised as non toxic and doesnt smell strong. Holds up better than ultra hold for me, stays on the scalp when removing, all of it...
12-02-2010, 05:20 AM,
sounds awesome, thanks for recommending... I'll definitely check it out.
As for the glue turning solid after a while... it's true, I have noticed it and tbh I thought I had left the cap open. Not a good idea to have a spare bottle then lol.

GhostBond my next purchase. Cheers anubi
12-05-2010, 08:09 AM,
Well, so I'm doing my switch in a few month, is this what I need? I'm messed up:

2 exact pieces (if I mess up one of them, or so, I prefer)
Back2Natural color blender
Ghost bond glue
Blue tape

This for starting? or anything else.

And also, for the first time (only) do you recommend me going to a salon or something?
Cheers
12-05-2010, 08:58 AM,
(12-05-2010, 08:09 AM)younggun Wrote: Well, so I'm doing my switch in a few month, is this what I need? I'm messed up:

2 exact pieces (if I mess up one of them, or so, I prefer)
Back2Natural color blender
Ghost bond glue
Blue tape

This for starting? or anything else.

And also, for the first time (only) do you recommend me going to a salon or something?
Cheers

if you can manage on your own, I'd do it myself.
Plus, add Lace Release/ Isopropynol to that list.

I use cotton buds and put isopropynol to clean the excess glue on the forehead as well Wink

When doing the Mirror Slide, I use Stretch&Seal on a mirror, saves me the hassle of cleaning the mirror afterwards - very very awesome trick.
12-13-2010, 04:56 AM,
What's the best Adhesive remover for UltraHold and for Ghost Bond?