Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
full cap wearers
11-21-2010, 02:25 AM,
full cap wearers
Do you guys find full caps make your head look big? Cos when they are made the factories cant seem to get the hair around the sides and back to lie flat so when the hair is cut short (an inch) it basically sticks almost straight out instead of lying flat against the scalp like normal hair?
11-22-2010, 09:20 AM,
RE: full cap wearers
Yeah, sadly I agree - the fullcaps I have just suck!
11-22-2010, 02:20 PM,
Hi Anubi5

Have you tried specifying that you want the wigs ventilated downwards and flat to the base at the sides and back?

I am not a full cap wearer, but I have had similar problems with the sides, which in my case are quite long. Giving careful specs seems to have resolved the problem. You might think it would be obvious, but it does no harm to be specific.
11-22-2010, 11:43 PM,
(11-22-2010, 02:20 PM)Baldrich Wrote: Hi Anubi5

Have you tried specifying that you want the wigs ventilated downwards and flat to the base at the sides and back?

I am not a full cap wearer, but I have had similar problems with the sides, which in my case are quite long. Giving careful specs seems to have resolved the problem. You might think it would be obvious, but it does no harm to be specific.

I have but it doesnt seem to help, I order high density to help combat the problem of feeling the lace so maybe that makes it stick out more.
11-23-2010, 01:39 AM,
Have you tried shifting the direction of the ventilation? If you soak the hairpiece in warm water for a few minutes, you can get the hair to change the direction in which it is ventilated by gently pulling it into the trajectory you want. Basically the knot slips round the thread on the base to which it is attached. You have to be gentle, but it is worth a try. I have done it for temple hair.

What is the problem with feeling the lace? Do you mean third parties (dates etc) feeling the base of your wig when you are wearing it? Is this related to the other problem or is it a different problem? Can you elaborate?
11-24-2010, 04:26 AM,
Baldrich,
You bring up a good point here. People think that when hair is ventilated in a certain direction that it's 'fixed' in that position. Not so. The knots will 'rotate' on a lace base in the direction that the hair is styled in. Remember the hair has nothing to hold it in a fixed position. With a freestyle unit this can be done in 2 or 3 washings/stylings. Sometimes more depending on the shampoo and water quality. The only time the venting is 'fixed' is when someone applies knot sealer to a lace unit when the unit is new. The knot sealer locks the direction of the hair.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/
12-01-2010, 06:39 PM,
(11-21-2010, 02:25 AM)anubi5 Wrote: Do you guys find full caps make your head look big? Cos when they are made the factories cant seem to get the hair around the sides and back to lie flat so when the hair is cut short (an inch) it basically sticks almost straight out instead of lying flat against the scalp like normal hair?

They usually settle down after a week or two of sleeping in them.

If you have hair that absolutely will not lay down or is ventilated in the wrong direction and can't get it to turn around any other way you can use a perming solution that is designed for color treated hair to redirect whatever hair is not laying properly. You have to allow the hair to air dry INSTEAD of using the neutralizer after you rinse the perming solution out of the hair. Simply comb the hair in the direction you want it to go and let it dry overnight. The air will oxidize the perming solution and set the hair in whatever position you combed it.
12-02-2010, 07:43 AM,
I have had a problem with my hair at the back not lying flat and being a nuisance cause it wasn't blending in well.

My solution, which worked great was to buy a Keune Hair Straightener (chemical) and straighten my back side + an inch of the hair system's hair. Apply neutralizer, and then wash thoroughly. I then applied B2B color blender and voila, no more concerns. It's the best it has ever blended.

Hopefully will solve this issue by ordering a:
1. Flatback on the back side
2. Bigger base on the back side...
leaving only about an inch of my real hair just to have an excellent looking back hair line (whatever that is called - nape (?) ).

We'll see how this goes, I'll report back definitely.